Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

No I know. I 100% agree. I just want to know why it’s always us that get an absolute pasting for it every time we go. There’s a really weird understanding that Leicester fans are a bunch of Tories every time we step in to Merseyside, what’s been done to cause this? It’s ****ing horrible lol 

I did wonder what the Tory chant was all about. 

59 minutes ago, Manini said:

Liverpool fans always get the proper hump about us singing feed the scousers when we go there. I think it’s a bit of a shite outdated one to pull out personally, but I’m not convinced we’re the only ones who sing it at Anfield, yet we always get a ****ing pasting for it. 

They're always looking for something to complain about. It's why people do it. The victim complex is absolutely mind-boggling, apparently we're all Tories kicking bowls out of starving children's hands for it.

Poverty exists in Leicester too.

Sing it again on the 28th lol

• Like 2

Just now, Reg Vardy said:

I suspect it was what Klopp said (and did) that changed the game…not what Brendan said…….Brendan would only be aware of that after the teams come back out….

Yeah a mixture of the two is what causes it. Klopp is one of the best managers in the world, but at Villa it was the exact same situation with Gerrrard as the opposing manager.

If we came out firing and hit them on the counter with Daka and Vardy again it would've been game over. Instead he brings on Kelechi (who I like) but he isn't a counter attacking player or a player you want when you're under the kosh at Anfield. Daka's pace was electric running in behind, don't see the logic at all.

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It is shit mate and just not funny. I'd imagine Man Utd started it due to the Manchester/Liverpool rivalry so I understand that but for anyone else singing it's embarrassing. 

Also Liverpool/Everton donate to more foodbanks than other fanbases so there's some poor irony in it.

It’s somewhat ironic too. Our city has plenty of areas of deprivation and struggle. 

“just like Leicester, your city is blue” needs ****ing off too. 

• Like 1

That has to be one of the worst referreing performances I have witnessed in a long time.  They should have had two red cards, vardy was hauled down on the halfway line too in the build up to their equaliser.

Thomas played well, Jota is a thug and a bellend.  As for their self entitled fans they go to the top of my hate list now even above Man Utd always the victims but we will conveniently forget the Heysul disaster.

Vardy clearly limping at the end that is why he didnt take a penalty.

Strange subs KDH for Ineacho?  Why.

I just knew Bertrand would miss his spot kick, a kid could have taken a better penalty.  Felt sorry for Thomas he played well until Jota elbowed him in the face n Madley stood n watched it.

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Liverpool fans always get the proper hump about us singing feed the scousers when we go there. I think it’s a bit of a shite outdated one to pull out personally, but I’m not convinced we’re the only ones who sing it at Anfield, yet we always get a ****ing pasting for it. 

Since promotion we've played Liverpool at Christmas pretty much every season.

2021, 2019, 2017 and 2015.

11 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Subs cost us. The end. 

As I was there you can't say anymore.  Daka & Vardy were ripping them apart up front and we would have finished again.  Does he really think with the current fitness of the team we will win at Man C?  Might as well win 1 of the games!!!

Nach had an absolute howler and missed that great chance headed on by Vardy, everybody's favourite Bertrand was pants & what a peno!!!  At least Vestergaard made his tackles and was committed.  Brendan is a bit of a tinkerer and generally doesn't get it right (and I am a fan - still).

I mean, if Nacho would have come on and played like he did the end of last season, no one would have grumbled about the substitution.

The fact that he came on, and looked like someone who hasn't ever seen a football before, made the change look much worse.

Nacho is usually alright at slowing things down and keeping us in possession although I don't think he's ever been know for his work rate.

Just now, adejo92 said:

I mean, if Nacho would have come on and played like he did the end of last season, no one would have grumbled about the substitution.

The fact that he came on, and looked like someone who hasn't ever seen a football before, made the change look much worse.

Nacho is usually alright at slowing things down and keeping us in possession although I don't think he's ever been know for his work rate.

The nacho such wasn't the massive issue. Changing our shape and basically saying "come and attack us for 30 minutes" to Liverpool is what was our undoing.

• Like 1

Hard to take that was. I understand we’re struggling squad wise but we have to see games out, again subs cost us KDH shouldn’t of gone off. Seen it loads this season Napoli game all over again shite game management. Rodgers has to get a  CB in January or risk finishing well down the table. 

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The nacho such wasn't the massive issue. Changing our shape and basically saying "come and attack us for 30 minutes" to Liverpool is what was our undoing.

Said this last night all we did there was give them an invite, terrible subs once again.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Where does last night rank in the great Rodgers collapses? 

Contenders are last night, Bournemouth 2020, Spurs final day last season, possibly Villa League Cup Semi, plus probably others that I've thankfully forgotten about.

Up there, but you come to expect it now so hurts a little less. Said to my mate at half time we're gonna lose this and absolutely no one was surprised when we did.

Looking at the positives Vardy and Daka can play together. KDH a nailed on starter.

Need to reflect that even with 5 at the back we are still going to concede but we are much less likely to create anything. I hope we resist the temptation in the next couple of games however good the opposition is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Where does last night rank in the great Rodgers collapses? 

Contenders are last night, Bournemouth 2020, Spurs final day last season, possibly Villa League Cup Semi, plus probably others that I've thankfully forgotten about.

To be honest I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as them. Better teams than us have threw away leads at Anfield. We were negative, and we weren't good enough to see it out but I don't think we crumbled. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

To be honest I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as them. Better teams than us have threw away leads at Anfield. We were negative, and we weren't good enough to see it out but I don't think we crumbled. 

We were negative because of changes by the manager. 

• Like 1

Many folk who've had Covid will tell you it takes months before making a full recovery.  Iheanacho should have been nowhere near the field last night.  His mind was probably on AFCON anyway.

Also note how many on here and elsewhere have taken the easy option of blaming Freebie (the latest one) and Panicbuy.  Both of them have had Covid too, though neither of them were exactly tearing the league apart beforehand. But, Bertrand's woeful spotkick aside, neither played a leading role in our eventual capitulation.

As soon as Albrighton came on for Ricardo I feared the worst, even at 3-1.

Marc is a Foxes legend and rightly so, but he cannot defend to save his life.  Horror shows at Atletico, Palace and Newport (among others) spring to mind.  Last night was another one to add to the portfolio. He gave the ball away to set Jota up, then went AWOL on Miramino at the death.

But, WTF?  We'd only have been smashed at the Emirates anyway.

The only comfort left this season is the chance to mount a proper defence of our FA Cup.  Defeat by Watford would push Rodgers past the point of no return.

There has to be retrospective action against Jota surely. The ref must claim he hasn’t seen the flying elbow into Thomas’ chin almost knocking his head off so it needs to be dealt with! I’m soo angry about this, I know nothing will happen and it’s not pissing fair!

The little scumbag will get away without any further action because they ref has seen it and’ dealt’ with it.

Nothing will happen with the Albrighton challenge.

What a truly awful referring experience. We need to boo this cnut whenever we have him again!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, accessory said:

Many folk who've had Covid will tell you it takes months before making a full recovery.  Iheanacho should have been nowhere near the field last night.  His mind was probably on AFCON anyway.

Also note how many on here and elsewhere have taken the easy option of blaming Freebie (the latest one) and Panicbuy.  Both of them have had Covid too, though neither of them were exactly tearing the league apart beforehand. But, Bertrand's woeful spotkick aside, neither played a leading role in our eventual capitulation.

We don’t know who has had covid a couple, weeks ago ref kel and vester 

some had covid, some weren’t double jabbed so had to isolate