Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Where does last night rank in the great Rodgers collapses? 

Contenders are last night, Bournemouth 2020, Spurs final day last season, possibly Villa League Cup Semi, plus probably others that I've thankfully forgotten about.

The interesting thing with all of those is that winning or holding on in those games would have resulted in considerably better seasons. Such fine margins and all too often we lack the guile to get over the line (apart from the FA Cup final).

5 minutes ago, accessory said:

Many folk who've had Covid will tell you it takes months before making a full recovery.  Iheanacho should have been nowhere near the field last night.  His mind was probably on AFCON anyway

The majority of people Nacho's age, I can't remember the percentage but something very high like 75% have absolutely no symptoms at all.

So many folk will tell you they took a test and it was positive and they didn't feel any different at all. 

25 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I did wonder what the Tory chant was all about. 

We played at Goodison the week after the last election. 

Some "Foxes" thought it a spiffing wheeze to chant the name of the prime minister in a city where he is (rightly) reviled for his comments on Hillsborough and a whole lot of other stuff besides.

Scousers clearly haven't forgotten or forgiven.

But they must have heard the "Feed The Scousers" chant a thousand times before.  Judging by their level of outrage on social media, it'd be easy to conclude that ours was the first and only fanbase to sing it.

10 minutes ago, accessory said:

Many folk who've had Covid will tell you it takes months before making a full recovery.  Iheanacho should have been nowhere near the field last night.  His mind was probably on AFCON anyway.

Also note how many on here and elsewhere have taken the easy option of blaming Freebie (the latest one) and Panicbuy.  Both of them have had Covid too, though neither of them were exactly tearing the league apart beforehand. But, Bertrand's woeful spotkick aside, neither played a leading role in our eventual capitulation.

As soon as Albrighton came on for Ricardo I feared the worst, even at 3-1.

Marc is a Foxes legend and rightly so, but he cannot defend to save his life.  Horror shows at Atletico, Palace and Newport (among others) spring to mind.  Last night was another one to add to the portfolio. He gave the ball away to set Jota up, then went AWOL on Miramino at the death.

But, WTF?  We'd only have been smashed at the Emirates anyway.

The only comfort left this season is the chance to mount a proper defence of our FA Cup.  Defeat by Watford would push Rodgers past the point of no return.

Totally agree with you about Albrighton, you forgot about the Anfield one where he "tackled" Mane.

Awful chants that are just an embarrassment. Especially the amount of people who are needing food banks at this time of the year. They wouldn't have been able to afford to be at the match anyway.

The Liverpool players seemed really pissed off with us at the end after the penalties. I wonder if it was anything to do with the chants? 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

As I was there you can't say anymore.  Daka & Vardy were ripping them apart up front and we would have finished again.  Does he really think with the current fitness of the team we will win at Man C?  Might as well win 1 of the games!!!

Nach had an absolute howler and missed that great chance headed on by Vardy, everybody's favourite Bertrand was pants & what a peno!!!  At least Vestergaard made his tackles and was committed.  Brendan is a bit of a tinkerer and generally doesn't get it right (and I am a fan - still).

To be fair to Iheanacho he's shown he needs regularly playing, it has been said that Teilemans needs to play to keep his rhythm and Iheanacho when played regularly looks far better.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Where does last night rank in the great Rodgers collapses? 

Contenders are last night, Bournemouth 2020, Spurs final day last season, possibly Villa League Cup Semi, plus probably others that I've thankfully forgotten about.

Christ... When you list them like that, it's actually very diabolical how he has choked in so many big games. 

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Awful chants that are just an embarrassment. Especially the amount of people who are needing food banks at this time of the year. They wouldn't have been able to afford to be at the match anyway.

The Liverpool players seemed really pissed off with us at the end after the penalties. I wonder if it was anything to do with the chants? 

Our fans did the same at Everton few years back. Just awful and embarrassing. 

Edited by Koke

39 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

“just like Leicester, your city is blue” needs ****ing off too. 

Im intrigued as to why this is a problem... i assume (correct me if im wrong) that its a way of saying everton are a better club than Liverpool?... same appliie for manchester etc.

What is the problem with it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think traditionally songs like sign on and feed the scousers we're just good 'banter' but now it hits too close to reality and I feel is too cruel.

Thousands and thousands of people in this country are going hungry regularly and this number is increasing fast. I work with a food bank and the situation disturbing and heartbreaking. 

I would guess judging by the situation in South Leicester that there must be a million or more that can't afford to eat every day. 

So anyway my point is that maybe the Liverpool players and fans didn't like our chanting as it was too close to home.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We scored a wonder goal, Kasper pulled out 2 miracle saves and we got a lucky VAR decision, also Chelsea couldn’t finish their chances. 

We fluked the cup really lets be honest, not that any of us were complaining. 

Yup.  That was no different than this really except we rode a whole lot of luck.

9 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The two misses by Vardy and KDH cost us the game. Vardy scores when he hits the post and Klopp would have probably written the game off at 4-1 

I'm finding it hard to blame the defence at the min. It's the hardest place in the team to be chucked into.

Against the defence we had for the last 30 minutes, no chance. They could have pulled it back from 1-5 if they had needed to. Must be so disheartening for our strikers and Maddison to know that however many they score the defence will concede at least as many, unless we are playing utter trash like Newcastle or Legia.

Just now, KFS said:

Why am I seeing so many ‘we tried’ posts from the players. What the **** is that about?

Channeling their inner #Perspective thoughts, you have to remember we over achieved getting to this stage, it's like a lower league club getting knocked out by a full strength Liverpool mentality.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Are the same fans asking for the players to be tougher and nastier calling out our own fans for doing the same?

Not my opinion by the way as I don't like the chants or the sun stuff just that I think that's why they're doing it, not because they're evil people.

You have to feel sorry for Ward, that he wasn't picked yesterday. He is our current top rated player of the season by the way. KS had a doggo game, only one save of note and picked the ball out of the net 8 times. Shitty kicking into touch or to Liverpool players didn't help to. He never challenged for any incoming corners. The Liverpool #3 keeper was better than our number one and he wasn't great.

3 minutes ago, Bazly said:

You have to feel sorry for Ward, that he wasn't picked yesterday. He is our current top rated player of the season by the way. KS had a doggo game, only one save of note and picked the ball out of the net 8 times. Shitty kicking into touch or to Liverpool players didn't help to. He never challenged for any incoming corners. The Liverpool #3 keeper was better than our number one and he wasn't great.

He has covid 

48 minutes ago, Koke said:

Christ... When you list them like that, it's actually very diabolical how he has choked in so many big games. 

If you want to point fingers, you can blame our keeper, not our manager, for two of them: Bournemouth away and Spurs at home. He didn't help much last night either, ask Cags!