Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

Was good to see Klopp’s moaning about refs lead to two absolutely filthy challenges go unpunished. They were not even objectionable that elbow and the tackle on Ricky P. 

As much as we bottled, the irony was I felt we coped quite well for long periods with all the shit they were pulling. Wilf who was superb all game made one mistake which led to the equaliser. Frustrating as hell 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, champselect said:

Since Rodgers got rid of one of the best physio's going we have struggled with injuries bigtime!

Players were dropping like flies in the 19/20 season when we had "one of the best physio's" going. Could be just as much down to training intensity, strength and conditioning or our sports scientists not being up to scratch. Needs a complete review  

5 minutes ago, champselect said:

no why?

I think it’s been mentioned enough, yes good bloke and probably good at what he does but he is does not have biblical hands.

Injuries happen having Rennie on the bench will not prevent a bad challenge or hamstring, groin or any other muscle injury.

If you are then are alluding to returning players quicker than expected,

1 are we, because it’s a standing joke on here that if BR says 4 weeks it will be 6 weeks etc so doesn’t suggest BR forcing players back

& 2 your suggesting a top premier league football team in charge of multi million pound assets employ quacks to look after their health.

Finally if he really is best in class why wasn’t he snapped up during his time at Leicester or on his immediate release?
He is currently working at Bristol City and we probably know the reason he is there.

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Im intrigued as to why this is a problem... i assume (correct me if im wrong) that its a way of saying everton are a better club than Liverpool?... same appliie for manchester etc.

What is the problem with it?

Maybe my problem with it started when it was sang at Wolves, I’m not sure.

There’s just something about it that makes me wince. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

There has to be retrospective action against Jota surely. The ref must claim he hasn’t seen the flying elbow into Thomas’ chin almost knocking his head off so it needs to be dealt with! I’m soo angry about this, I know nothing will happen and it’s not pissing fair!

The little scumbag will get away without any further action because they ref has seen it and’ dealt’ with it.

Nothing will happen with the Albrighton challenge.

What a truly awful referring experience. We need to boo this cnut whenever we have him again!

The club needs to lodge a complaint about the referee, as there's nothing out there in the national media about these incidents and no footage available for pundits to review other than the goal highlights that were issued. He did bring it up in an interview with Radio Leicester, which will get about 50 views on twitter outside the locals who were tuning in last night 

Not disappointed. Loved the streetfighter attitude the match took on in 2nd half. Our players need to feel what that's like if were ever going to progress in Europe and the top end of the PL. Even though we didn't win the players stood up and fought. Just look at Liverpool and what that mentality means to them along with their fans behind them 100 percent. Liverpool had to fight for their lives last night to even have a chance of winning that match. They won't forget. Good.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Where does last night rank in the great Rodgers collapses? 

Contenders are last night, Bournemouth 2020, Spurs final day last season, possibly Villa League Cup Semi, plus probably others that I've thankfully forgotten about.

Individual games aside, you have to consider the two end of season collapses costing guaranteed Champions League football, and the collapses out of the Europa League to one of the weakest groups.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Richard baxter said:

6 penalties taken and our main man and penalty taker Jamie doesn't take one? What kind of madness is that?

Rodgers needs to explain WHY ?

Because he felt Bertrand is a better penalty taker??? 

Come on, I think it's pretty obvious why Vardy didn't take one and it has to be worrying that he was injured enough not to step up. More than just tightness. 

4 minutes ago, Richard baxter said:

6 penalties taken and our main man and penalty taker Jamie doesn't take one? What kind of madness is that?

Rodgers needs to explain WHY ?

Rodgers said Vardy had hamstring issue.

I don't put down any player that steps up and takes a penalty, takes bottle to do it. Bertrand and Thomas both missed but fair play for stepping up. They stepped up ahead of two midfielders in Somoure and Ndidi.

• Like 3