Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Where does last night rank in the great Rodgers collapses? 

Contenders are last night, Bournemouth 2020, Spurs final day last season, possibly Villa League Cup Semi, plus probably others that I've thankfully forgotten about.

Spurs last day of the season is still top of the pile, when we were comfortablywinning and tried to defend out the game making some strange substitutions in the process ie taking Madders off when he was playing well,  not bringing Amartey for Fofona, moving Wilf into defence and bringing Mendy on to play the Wilf role who got completely overran 

• Like 1

whilst many people have a huge dislike of VAR, it’s interesting to see, in a game without VAR, just how much aggro the ref is getting for some terrible decisions.. decisions, especially the tackle on Riccy that VAR would have caught..

• Like 3

The subs rules are ridiculous as well. Liverpool can make 3 subs at half time and this doesn't count towards one of their 3? I think that's right. 

Rodgers panicked and decided to bring Bertrand on as well at the same time as Vestergaard as he couldn't make any more subs after this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

whilst many people have a huge dislike of VAR, it’s interesting to see, in a game without VAR, just how much aggro the ref is getting for some terrible decisions.. decisions, especially the tackle on Riccy that VAR would have caught..

Absolutely no guarantee VAR would have done anything.

20 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The subs rules are ridiculous as well. Liverpool can make 3 subs at half time and this doesn't count towards one of their 3? I think that's right. 

Rodgers panicked and decided to bring Bertrand on as well at the same time as Vestergaard as he couldn't make any more subs after this. 

That’s right not part of their 3 but only has two left anyway as used 3/5 subs

31 minutes ago, turlo said:

Spurs last day of the season is still top of the pile, when we were comfortablywinning and tried to defend out the game making some strange substitutions in the process ie taking Madders off when he was playing well,  not bringing Amartey for Fofona, moving Wilf into defence and bringing Mendy on to play the Wilf role who got completely overran 

Comfortable?

At 1-0 or 2-1 ……. 

bale changed that game for them ( even allowing for kasper’s brainfart) 

32 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Were you there, he could barely walk when the final whistle went, was moving around like a 80 year old.Do you really think we purposely selected Luke Thomas over Vardy , god this forum is full of pillocks !

Appears to me that this forum is full of pillocks berating other pillocks for asking questions. I didn't select Thomas to take a penalty, but if I had been the person who was deciding who was taking penalties I certainly wouldn't have selected a youth to do so in front of a crowd of booing Liverpool supporters. There were older, cooler heads out there to do the job.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Comfortable?

At 1-0 or 2-1 ……. 

bale changed that game for them ( even allowing for kasper’s brainfart) 

We were in control of the game threatening for a 3rd but we susceptible to the counter due to taking Wilf out of midfield replacing him with Mendy, leaving us lightweight in midfield. Maddison was playing well and helping to maintain possession in midfield until he was taken off and we went defensive inviting pressure onto our shaky back line when Spurs made their changes.  

Good effort but----

Why take Daka off when he looked very dangerous.

Ricardo was obviously hurt and he was left on for another 10 mins to really damage himself

Thomas and Bert on pens was plain silly

Cags go injured chasing back after a awful clearance form Kasper straight to a Pool player

No VAR didnt help ref was dubious to say the least and the keepers were both jumping off the line during the pens

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

It's hard to really criticize last night imo. Though many have. The team played really well, gave 100% and probably deserved to win. People complain about Rodger's change of tactics but that was also in part forced changes because of injuries. And even if it wasn't it makes sense. If we started a strong side, they finished with one. Klopp's half time subs were Jota, Konate and Milner. My main irritation was seeing Bertrand playing in a Foxes shirt again. I thought we agreed he was banned. He's so so bad. I'd rather they played Perez, but given that's kind of the alternative it says a lot about where our injury and sqaud depth is at. And last night isn't going to help. 

The referee was a joke. It blew my mind watching some of the decisions he made. Seeing Thomas on the deck and the game just continueing was awful. The state of refereeing as Shearer talked about on MOTD has been abysmal for a while now. VAR gets the blame the majority of the time but VAR is just a bunch of equipement. It's the people opperating that equipement. Not good enough and until something happens I just don't see it getting better any time soon. 

Oh and the positive is we didn't actually lose the 90mins. 

Well said 👏 

• Like 2

The last 15 minutes was like, the Alamo Dunkirk,Rorks drift,Isandlwana thrown into one...

An Away game at One of elite Europes Intimitating grounds, especially in cup-atmosphere.

Against Great players...

Our Lads did a Great job...I had also a Bit of a knee-jerk reaction, But I am sorry, this forum has reached the level where only Toxic ,and kill bill,shit on own Team

posts Have become the Norm....Forest Fans have taken over...It seems..!!

I am Not Diving on,belittling or criticising any Leicester Player including my MOTM...But last Nights game hung IMO on 3 incidents...

That terrible tackle...Vardy hitting the post...Ndid under-Jumping , miscalculating the Cross for the 3rd goal...

If anyone still doubts the Chasm to find a consistent or One Off Spot in the Top 4....last Night had the whole Pallate throw in Front of them...

Refs calls, Fringe/young players Level of quality, a high Quality cavalary of 1st-team/Now Quality 2nd choice players ready to Call upon....

People can hate the Top 6, But they do have that extra sprinkling of Stardust quality, from youth,fringe,to deeper squad players...

We have improved our squad immensly, But we still aint touching the like...

So when we do Mix it , Away from home & compete against extraordinary Opponents drive, I prefer to remember the Good & Great moments,

and Not the vibes of the misgogs...

So...Well done lads, you gave Everything last night...Proud of you..!!!   Less other dozos forget..!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Poxy Mickey Mouse cup and more matches we don't need at the minute...proved were good going forward still and did well defending until injuries hit us again....see you all in the new year!! (I've written off the next 2 matches completely)

So Mickey Mouse, that 5,000 of us went, and got really piss off when we lost.

• Like 1