Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

3 hours ago, gerblod said:

Appears to me that this forum is full of pillocks berating other pillocks for asking questions. I didn't select Thomas to take a penalty, but if I had been the person who was deciding who was taking penalties I certainly wouldn't have selected a youth to do so in front of a crowd of booing Liverpool supporters. There were older, cooler heads out there to do the job.

That wasn’t the point being made, suggest you read the posts properly, the criticism was of Rodgers for not selecting Vardy when the poster clearly had no clue whatsoever what was going on, older cooler heads like Bertrand?

The options were incredibly limited, would you really have fancied N’didi ,Soumare or Vestergaard  or maybe you wanted Kasper?
So as you seem to think you know better than the manager who exactly should have taken them.

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The article below really made my blood boil. The entitled club and their newspaper. Obviously no mention of the elbow or crappy challenge on Ricky. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-milner-liverpool-breaking-22553500

I would ask our fans to show positive support to our team and not resort to insults directed against the opposition. Let us show some class. I know this might nieve but don't let our club or the city be dragged down. 

1 hour ago, Mythyaar said:

I'd say that was the most dramatic game I've ever attended.

Kudos to Rodgers for going for it and fielding such a strong team. Unbelievable goals from Vardy and a whisker away from being one of maybe only a few to score a first half hat trick in the kop end in one half for the opponents (wonder if that feat has ever been achieved?!)

Every time we went forward we were dangerous. Maddison's goal looked sensational though someone on the radio later said it took a deflection? I thought at one point it was going to be a cricket score.

I guess the turning points were the injury to Soyuncu and the premature subbing of Daka, who was superb again. Once those two events happened, we really increased the time wasting tactic, which really didn't work. We didn't press or attack like we had first half. Soumaré, who'd been pretty good first half, looked shattered and Tielemans seemed off the pace for most of the game tbf. 

When they equalised last minute of the game it was a real gut punch and we sensed the worse. Exhilarating, dramatic game with a really terrible outcome and loads of talking points. The officials had stinkers I thought. One of their players should have seen red for Ricardo challenge, they completely "missed" a blatant elbow even though the linesman was 2 yards from it. Same linesman allowed play to go on and LFC to attack when the ball had clearly gone a foot out of play......makes you wonder, is VAR really that bad of a concept?

Hate losing to Liverpool in particular who at times, despite their protestations that you will never walk alone, can be a classless club (look how they treated Karius post the Real Madrid final). However, it was beyond disappointing that some of our own fanbase stooped to the depths of waving copies of The S#n and screaming "murderers".

Purely out of interest- did you go to Cardiff away in the playoff semi’s? 

Or the 5-3 United?

I’m only asking as I didn’t go last night, and whilst it was clearly an entertaining match, I didn’t get the impression it was that dramatic 

40 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Purely out of interest- did you go to Cardiff away in the playoff semi’s? 

Or the 5-3 United?

I’m only asking as I didn’t go last night, and whilst it was clearly an entertaining match, I didn’t get the impression it was that dramatic 

Was all too predictable when soyuncu went off for me! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

We bottled a 2 goal lead to Liverpool’s third team. 

Why on earth would you sub KDH off, Tielemans stunk the gaff out. 
Beyond pissed off at Rodgers, apu his overthinking has cost us another big game. Bringing vestergaard and Bertrand on should be a sackable offence on its own. 
Coming out and slagging off Ndidi who is only playing there because he’s being shoe horned into that position cause he doesn’t trust the 15m defender he bought is pathetic, it’s about time he starts taking account for his actions, we lost this game down to him and him only

I think he either isn't good at reading games or is stuck to making sub options he decided pre game.  The amount of times I have seen good performing players pulled off, formation changes etc. when we have the upper hand under Rodgers is a lot.

Yes we should have won last night and it wasn't good enough, but once again show the difference of the spending power of the big clubs that there squad was still cost more then ours.

Value of Liverpool starting line up and subs 229m vs LCFC 203m 

Liverpool 

x 5  youth Morton, Bardley, Williams, Koumetio and Kelleher. 

Firmino 29m 

Henderson 20m 

Ox 34m 

Tsimikas 11m 

Minamino 7.5m

Gomez 

Subs

Jota 40m 

Konate 36m 

Keita 52m 

Leicester

Kasper 1m

Riccardo 22m 

Soyunuc 18m

Ndidi 15m 

Youri 40m 

Maddison 24m 

Vardy 1.7m

Soumare 17m 

Daka 25m 

Subs 

Albrighton Free

Bertrand Free

Vestiguarrd 15m

Nacho 25m 

x 2 youth Thomas, KDH people forget how inexperience this two are. 

Edited by coolhandfox

10 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I think a patched up defence cost us. Let’s face it Ndidi, Vestergaard, Bertrand and Thomas isn’t the best combo. Ndidi is a midfielder Vestergaard is a broken down bus and Bertrand is just well pants. I’ll let Thomas off as he’s been playing well, but he’s inexperienced and needs a guiding head. Get Wes and Huth out of the office back in the gym and back on the pitch. Also can we loan Fuchs back? They wouldn’t have let the last goal happen and Huth is certainly quicker than Vestergaard!!!!

What was the defense to do with them cutting through our midfield like it didnt exist?

Because of the strategical blunder we were absorbing attack after attack, it seems bizarre to blame defensive personnel for that.

Think we need to look at the positives here.

Obviously we have a mad Xmas schedule and while we can’t expect points from City or Liverpool in our next two games, we still have to be able to put a team out to compete.

I think it gives KDH a pat on the back for being so crucial to our midfield now that we want to protect him for those two games. 

We went to Anfield not many win there, haven’t won there in 10 games, scored 3, only conceded late goals as half our already deprecated defence went off injured, and don’t have the squad depth that they have. They brought on over £100m mainly league and champion league winners, what do we expect.

Once Justin and Forfana are back it will be nice to see what we can do with an actual first team out. We have never sadly seen this in the past 12/18 months nearly often enough. 

• Like 1

“It was weird how you lot managed to put out your first team” is a text I’ve just received off one of them. 

What are they ****ing on man Jesus wept lol 

Never known a bigger set of moaners in my life, they won for god sake they must not be able to enjoy anything. 

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

That wasn’t the point being made, suggest you read the posts properly, the criticism was of Rodgers for not selecting Vardy when the poster clearly had no clue whatsoever what was going on, older cooler heads like Bertrand?

The options were incredibly limited, would you really have fancied N’didi ,Soumare or Vestergaard  or maybe you wanted Kasper?
So as you seem to think you know better than the manager who exactly should have taken them.

Four lines - one sentence being inflammatory about forum members, doesn't need much reading and very little comprehension. It didn't necessitate reading "properly".

I suggest you're more circumspect about who you address as 'pillocks'. 

I agree that Vardy should not have been expected to take a penalty while incapacitated. I condemn anyone who called him a coward or irresponsible. We have inconsiderate insulting and intemperate people on this forum.

As a matter of fact, I would have chosen Schmeichel and N'Didi over Bertrand and LT - both have powerful and accurate kicking ability - Schmeichel in long-distance clearances and N'Didi in occasional pot-shots at goal. The important point is that they're both much more experienced in both Premier and international football.

What knowledge do you have of Bertrand's shooting abilities that makes you consider him potentially better than those others I've preferred?

On occasion, I've felt that Rodgers decisions have been problematical so yes, I do believe I have known better than the manager in certain situations. Others have expressed similar reservations.

I couldn't be a manager - it takes personal confidence rarely found in any walk of life. And, at least, he could probably make a far better fist of running the U.K. than Johnson would of managing Leicester City lol.

Guest Col city fan
5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

How have people never heard this?

United fans sing it to Liverpool fans every Christmas, to suggest they’re all brassic. 

Is that all it is!?

😂

1 hour ago, Jonzey01 said:

Obviously we have a mad Xmas schedule and while we can’t expect points from City or Liverpool in our next two games, we still have to be able to put a team out to compete.

I think it gives KDH a pat on the back for being so crucial to our midfield now that we want to protect him for those two games. 

We went to Anfield not many win there, haven’t won there in 10 games, scored 3, only conceded late goals as half our already deprecated defence went off injured, and don’t have the squad depth that they have. They brought on over £100m mainly league and champion league winners, what do we expect.

Once Justin and Forfana are back it will be nice to see what we can do with an actual first team out. We have never sadly seen this in the past 12/18 months nearly often enough. 

By then we'll have around 5 or 6 other long term injuries the way we are going. Also going to be quite a while before they are back and up to speed. Look at Ricardo. Never been and probably now never will be the player he was before injury.

1 hour ago, Manini said:

“It was weird how you lot managed to put out your first team” is a text I’ve just received off one of them. 

What are they ****ing on man Jesus wept lol 

Never known a bigger set of moaners in my life, they won for god sake they must not be able to enjoy anything. 

Except we didn't. Evans, Barnes, Castagne all missing.

9 hours ago, Ian S said:

Were you there, he could barely walk when the final whistle went, was moving around like a 80 year old.Do you really think we purposely selected Luke Thomas over Vardy , god this forum is full of pillocks !

In the nicest way possible without bullying or obviously listing/highlighting.. the forum should have a voted flagging system where it turns a flagged profiles thumbnail into something to remind us that the said person who was flagged is known as a dilusional fan or a simpleton 'feeling hopeful' l, in this day and age of cancel culture and soft mindedness, it wont ever happen.. but imagine the entertainment! and time not wasted responding to such beings. k thanks

Edited by Simoken

3 hours ago, Jonzey01 said:

"Nearly often enough"? More like "at all". Not had our first team fully fit since March 2020.