Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

On 22/12/2021 at 22:07, ttfn said:

The more I see of this team the weirder the cup final looks.

We have thrown away advantageous positions either in-game or in-season at almost every other critical juncture in Rodgers’ tenure with not just poor but absolute no-show performances and we leak goals like a sieve.

And yet against the European champions we dig in for 90 minutes in an attritional game and win 1-0. 

It’s a Leicester trait at the moment 2 steps forward 12 back is it Rodgers strange tactics or substitutions or is it that the current squad we have just can’t cope with the pressures of all the games we have to play, yes we have some damn awful injuries to important players  & the fact we can’t keep Evans injury free for very long is worrying ?

Wondering now what we’ll be looking at bringing in January to strengthen up the squad or even do we have the money until we sell on a few players, a frustrating time at the moment for the fans games we normally win convincingly we struggle but is it time for a change in Management Not yet ?

On 23/12/2021 at 15:53, blue blood said:

So we are all in agreement.  Liverpool lack class.

"Liverpool lack class" says a person whose fellow LCFC supporters spent 90+ minutes singing "Feed the Scousers" and mocking poverty during a pandemic that's left countless people all over the country struggling to make ends meet. Now that's priceless. Utterly priceless.

By the way, I agree that Morton should have walked for that challenge. A straight red. But Brendan Rodgers should be kicking up an absolute stink about it (if he isn't already). He's your manager, Klopp can only comment on what happens to his own players so it's no good vilifying him. Terrible refereeing is affecting all clubs.

Edited by Lizzie
  • Like 1

On 23/12/2021 at 09:56, accessory said:

We played at Goodison the week after the last election. 

Some "Foxes" thought it a spiffing wheeze to chant the name of the prime minister in a city where he is (rightly) reviled for his comments on Hillsborough and a whole lot of other stuff besides.

Scousers clearly haven't forgotten or forgiven.

But they must have heard the "Feed The Scousers" chant a thousand times before.  Judging by their level of outrage on social media, it'd be easy to conclude that ours was the first and only fanbase to sing it.

Thanks for that. Didn’t know 

7 hours ago, Lizzie said:

"Liverpool lack class" says a person whose fellow LCFC supporters spent 90+ minutes singing "Feed the Scousers" and mocking poverty during a pandemic that's left countless people all over the country struggling to make ends meet. Now that's priceless. Utterly priceless.

By the way, I agree that Morton should have walked for that challenge. A straight red. But Brendan Rodgers should be kicking up an absolute stink about it (if he isn't already). He's your manager, Klopp can only comment on what happens to his own players so it's no good vilifying him. Terrible refereeing is affecting all clubs.

Did you sign up to post this? What a load of shit. 

• Like 2

it seems it’s just a football fan thing ….. you know, the ones that you wouldn’t be seen dead with ……

but you are, most times that you go to watch your team away! 

In my day it was ‘in your (insert grim town/city name) slums ‘ ……

we all sang it with gusto 

eventually we grew up 

I guess it’s completely out of step with the modern woke society we are part of …. I guess eventually it will disappear - to get sharp harsh, edgy ‘acceptable’ chants, you have to put up with some that aren’t ……. There are some which are absolutely unacceptable and they aren’t generally sung by more than a handful who quickly realise they should stop  - most are pretty harmless. Of course some will take real offence - it depends whether it goes beyond the point where it breaks the law. 

On 24/12/2021 at 09:45, Red Dave said:

Here you are then. A Liverpool fan saying Morton's tackle was horrendous and he should have walked.

I watch quite a bit of youth football and see a lot of tackles that are over zealous. Maybe it's a youth thing.

Just to add, you won't see many tackles like that from our established players, after all, along with everything else, we win the fair play league every year.😀

Also, ridiculing people who need to use foodbanks is equally horrendous. Be ashamed, whoever sang that.

Are you ashamed of the Liverpool fans mimicking a crashing helicopter, or the Liverpool fans who still sing songs about the Munich air disaster.  Out of interest, does the city of Liverpool pay it's respects every year to the Italians who died at Heysel, or has Liverpool washed it's hands of that, and pretends it never happened.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Are you ashamed of the Liverpool fans mimicking a crashing helicopter, or the Liverpool fans who still sing songs about the Munich air disaster.  Out of interest, does the city of Liverpool pay it's respects every year to the Italians who died at Heysel, or has Liverpool washed it's hands of that, and pretends it never happened.

Lights a candle

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
17 hours ago, Lizzie said:

A club that takes furlough payments whilst making millions, defends racists and tries to form a super league lacks class.

Don't let a few fans detract from the real story.

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

it seems it’s just a football fan thing ….. you know, the ones that you wouldn’t be seen dead with ……

but you are, most times that you go to watch your team away! 

In my day it was ‘in your (insert grim town/city name) slums ‘ ……

we all sang it with gusto 

eventually we grew up 

I guess it’s completely out of step with the modern woke society we are part of …. I guess eventually it will disappear - to get sharp harsh, edgy ‘acceptable’ chants, you have to put up with some that aren’t ……. There are some which are absolutely unacceptable and they aren’t generally sung by more than a handful who quickly realise they should stop  - most are pretty harmless. Of course some will take real offence - it depends whether it goes beyond the point where it breaks the law. 

Suddenly everybody seems to feel they have the right to be over sensistive and ' poor Soul' victims..

What about the Police over the years...in the 70s apparently 'we' liked Harry Roberts so much  because he killed them 2 by 2.

Years of Opposition fans, singing Manutd air Disaster chants...

The list against Club or individual is Never ending,since the 70s

Its wrong, totally Lack of feeling from the Societies Scum of scum, whether they are 11-60Yrs of age.

A  fan whos  also a journalists Picks up on something, goes OTT on Making  a point about that specific suffering topic of the Time &

It goes then  virile and todays media & non Football Political platforms Jump on it & make a meal ( no pun intended)  out of the situation & ingratious chants..

22 hours ago, Lizzie said:

"Feed the Scousers" has been a song sung against Liverpool by all opposition fans for years, and has absolutely nothing to do with the pandemic.

You ever thought maybe Liverpool is 'Mocked' because it's a City that has always been ran by Labour Councils, with Labour MP's.....Yet it's always somebody else's fault?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Yes I am, quite frankly, and it's something I and many others call them out on time and time again. Also, yes Liverpool FC pays its respects to the victims of Heysel and there's a memorial plaque to the dead outside Anfield. We naturally don't take centre-stage on the anniversary because that would be grossly inappropriate. But the tributes are paid. When we played against Juventus in 2005 there were special events organised by both clubs to mark what happened. It should also be noted that because those responsible for Heysel were prosecuted at the time and a raft of safety measures introduced at the time is the reason there's no "Justice for Heysel" campaign going (before you even go there).

What we don't do is double down on our shitty behaviour the way you just did. Face it, your fans behaved disgracefully and instead of calling them out, you're dredging up stuff from years ago in a poor effort to justify your appalling behaviour. I didn't see anyone in Anfield mocking your deceased owner the other night either. 

"Feed the Scousers" has been a song sung against Liverpool by all opposition fans for years, and has absolutely nothing to do with the pandemic.

You ever thought maybe Liverpool is 'Mocked' because it's a City that has always been ran by Labour Councils, with Labour MP's.....Yet it's always somebody else's fault?

I'm not sure what you even mean by this. What's being a Labour city got to do with it "always being someone else's fault"? The "someone else's fault" chant originated when we were campaigning for the truth about Hillsborough and, I think it's fair to say, given the extent of the cover up, we've been more than vindicated there. The fact that your fans are singing this BS during times of great hardship for many are what makes it particularly tasteless, hence why I brought up the pandemic.

Edited by Lizzie
Adding further points

Let's face it, every club has cretins that sing or say appalling things at football matches. Most level headed footy fans recognize this and can separate club from plain wrong.

Let's not get into my dicks bigger than yours or the whole holier than thou talk. Some football fans in general can be pathetic (put club allegiances aside). 

Anyhow, hope we thrash you tossers in a few days although tall order considering our epic failure in the cup match.  Watch out, vestergaard and bertrand might be coming for you (to assist a goal for you). Lol 

1 hour ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

What a load of bollocks. 

Absolute bunch of crybabies. It’s not that deep with singing feed the scousers chief, it’s just to wind you all up which it clearly has done and apu a Liverpool fan has taken the holier than thou approach and got on their high horse as if they’ve never done anything wrong. 

The reason for the victim tag is because that’s exactly what you are. Do you come onto every opposition fans forum when they sing nasty songs at you? Have any Leicester fans been onto murdererstalk to complain about your lot mocking a helicopter crash?

You don’t double down and excuse the Munich songs yet the rear their head every fixture and yet you complain when hillsborough is mentioned. 

You mention the plaque that’s outside your ground, only took you 30 years to recognise it and as for the show of respect juve fans turned their back on it. 

Those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones everybody sings stupid songs from time to time. Every fan base has idiots in it some have prosecuted killers

I categorically and unequivocally condemned all death mocking chants in my post and it's certainly not my fault that you have deliberately misrepresented that post. And it didn't take Liverpool 30 years to acknowledge Heysel. It's always been acknowledged. You can choose to ignore that all you like and you can use that as a convenient stick to beat Liverpool fans with just as much. And you know full well we only got the "victim" tag because we campaigned endlessly to expose the truth of what happened in the aftermath of Hillsborough. Or, are you seriously suggesting the cover up and smear campaign didn't happen? Sadly, it seems from posts like yours and others, the smear campaign was all too effective. As for your reference to "Murdererstalk" (whatever that is you're even referring to), it is beyond contempt.

I don't expect Juve fans to accept the respects paid by LFC. But that doesn't negate the fact that they happen. Now, I really am done here.

The sad thing is, there's no rivalry between Liverpool and Leicester. We're just two football clubs coexisting. Yet there's this swell of irrational hatred pouring out for no reason. It's weird.

Edited by Lizzie