Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

15 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Are you ashamed of the Liverpool fans mimicking a crashing helicopter, or the Liverpool fans who still sing songs about the Munich air disaster.  Out of interest, does the city of Liverpool pay it's respects every year to the Italians who died at Heysel, or has Liverpool washed it's hands of that, and pretends it never happened.

Washed its hands of course (for a very long time)

39 Italians can’t be wrong.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lizzie said:

Yes I am, quite frankly, and it's something I and many others call them out on time and time again. Also, yes Liverpool FC pays its respects to the victims of Heysel and there's a memorial plaque to the dead outside Anfield. We naturally don't take centre-stage on the anniversary because that would be grossly inappropriate. But the tributes are paid. When we played against Juventus in 2005 there were special events organised by both clubs to mark what happened. It should also be noted that because those responsible for Heysel were prosecuted at the time and a raft of safety measures introduced at the time is the reason there's no "Justice for Heysel" campaign going (before you even go there).

What we don't do is double down on our shitty behaviour the way you just did. Face it, your fans behaved disgracefully and instead of calling them out, you're dredging up stuff from years ago in a poor effort to justify your appalling behaviour. I didn't see anyone in Anfield mocking your deceased owner the other night either. 

I'm not sure what you even mean by this. What's being a Labour city got to do with it "always being someone else's fault"? The "someone else's fault" chant originated when we were campaigning for the truth about Hillsborough and, I think it's fair to say, given the extent of the cover up, we've been more than vindicated there. The fact that your fans are singing this BS during times of great hardship for many are what makes it particularly tasteless, hence why I brought up the pandemic.

What alarms me with Hillsborough (apart from the obvious) is the way pressure groups from LFC and their fans have seemingly been able to rewrite history over the years, skewing the courts findings. 

Years and years of passionate campaigning from the #jft96 meant that the courts were always going to find in favour of the fans there on the day. 

We’re now told to believe that there weren’t any drunken Liverpool fans there that day, nor were there ticketless fans there that day, and nor did they contribute in any way to the tragedy. 

If ticketless fans, drunken fans, drugged up fans are present in and around Wembley in 2021, then they sure as hell were doing that in the 80’s for a Cup Semi too. 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

What alarms me with Hillsborough (apart from the obvious) is the way pressure groups from LFC and their fans have seemingly been able to rewrite history over the years, skewing the courts findings. 

Years and years of passionate campaigning from the #jft96 meant that the courts were always going to find in favour of the fans there on the day. 

We’re now told to believe that there weren’t any drunken Liverpool fans there that day, nor were there ticketless fans there that day, and nor did they contribute in any way to the tragedy. 

If ticketless fans, drunken fans, drugged up fans are present in and around Wembley in 2021, then they sure as hell were doing that in the 80’s for a Cup Semi too. 

7 hours ago, Lizzie said:

Yes I am, quite frankly, and it's something I and many others call them out on time and time again. Also, yes Liverpool FC pays its respects to the victims of Heysel and there's a memorial plaque to the dead outside Anfield. We naturally don't take centre-stage on the anniversary because that would be grossly inappropriate. But the tributes are paid. When we played against Juventus in 2005 there were special events organised by both clubs to mark what happened. It should also be noted that because those responsible for Heysel were prosecuted at the time and a raft of safety measures introduced at the time is the reason there's no "Justice for Heysel" campaign going (before you even go there).

What we don't do is double down on our shitty behaviour the way you just did. Face it, your fans behaved disgracefully and instead of calling them out, you're dredging up stuff from years ago in a poor effort to justify your appalling behaviour. I didn't see anyone in Anfield mocking your deceased owner the other night either. 

I'm not sure what you even mean by this. What's being a Labour city got to do with it "always being someone else's fault"? The "someone else's fault" chant originated when we were campaigning for the truth about Hillsborough and, I think it's fair to say, given the extent of the cover up, we've been more than vindicated there. The fact that your fans are singing this BS during times of great hardship for many are what makes it particularly tasteless, hence why I brought up the pandemic.

There were safety measures made after Heysel you say. Well maybe we football fans around the world should all be grateful to your wonderfull supporter base, who have helped to make those safety changes happen, by indiscriminately charging at other innocent football fans, and causing such terror, that fans who went to just a football game never returned home to their loved ones. Well thank you Liverpool for making the fan experience a safer one.  You say there is no justice for Heysel because those responsible were dealt with. What, really? All of them? Did they serve a prison term equal to that, that would be normal for those the kill through manslaughter? 

You have a memorial to those that died at Heysel, and Liverpool fc pay their respects every year. How about the fans, do they pay their respects?  Of course I'm dredging up the past, and that's not right, because Liverpool fans have reformed now, and are back to being the lovable scallies the media love to portray them as aren't they.  Of course, it wasn't the Liverpool fans of today that smashed the Man City coach up while their players were in it, was it. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Brilliantly blunt, but true 🤷🏻‍♂️

You’ve just described Brian Clough in a nutshell 

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

There were safety measures made after Heysel you say. Well maybe we football fans around the world should all be grateful to your wonderfull supporter base, who have helped to make those safety changes happen, by indiscriminately charging at other innocent football fans, and causing such terror, that fans who went to just a football game never returned home to their loved ones. Well thank you Liverpool for making the fan experience a safer one.  You say there is no justice for Heysel because those responsible were dealt with. What, really? All of them? Did they serve a prison term equal to that, that would be normal for those the kill through manslaughter? 

You have a memorial to those that died at Heysel, and Liverpool fc pay their respects every year. How about the fans, do they pay their respects?  Of course I'm dredging up the past, and that's not right, because Liverpool fans have reformed now, and are back to being the lovable scallies the media love to portray them as aren't they.  Of course, it wasn't the Liverpool fans of today that smashed the Man City coach up while their players were in it, was it. 

The Suarez tee shirts weren’t too long ago either…

• Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate
3 hours ago, Sly said:

Do most people have a club they have an irrational dislike towards; and is it always Liverpool? 

Yes

Guest Chocolate Teapot
33 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

So refreshing to hear I think

Can you imagine a manager coming out and saying that in an interview nowadays? 😂

He’d be sacked and “cancelled” 😂😂

To be fair for good reason, anyone ive met that ever dealt with him described him as a horrendous bloke.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

27 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

To be fair for good reason, anyone ive met that ever dealt with him described him as a horrendous bloke.

I met him a few times when Nigel Clough was managing Burton the first time. He was alright but had an edge though. 

Many people forget what a great player Clough was. He was not the same without Peter Taylor as well. 

Guest Col city fan
41 minutes ago, Sly said:

I met him a few times when Nigel Clough was managing Burton the first time. He was alright but had an edge though. 

Many people forget what a great player Clough was. He was not the same without Peter Taylor as well. 

I’ve made this comparison before. Clough wasn’t much at all without Peter Taylor

Same as Pearson without Shaky and Walsh 

And like Cloughie, Sir Nige definitely has ‘an edge’

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He just took zero shite. And look what he achieved.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The standard LFC persecution complex in full swing. 

Some of the worst fans in English football. Easily the most annoying. 

Also a rabid fan base online. One in, all in seems to be the mantra. Not a single rational voice between them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He just took zero shite. And look what he achieved.

He was also an alcoholic and downright rude to a lot of people in his final spell at Forest. Losing Taylor stopped him being reigned in. That’s where Teapot is coming from 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I remember back in the late 80's we went to see a reserve game v Forest at Filbo. Clough turned up in the car park being chauffeur driven in a big blue Rolls Royce.

Me and a few mates spotted him and said something to him (bit of banter) and he took it completely the wrong way and had a right go at us. Him and his chauffeur walked into the entrance and we let all the tyres down on his Roller :D

Brilliant manager, absolutely 'of his time' but a total bully. Wouldn't last five minutes in todays game.

• Haha 2

When I was younger, the things that you would worry about on a trip to Anfield (or Goodison) would include: being slashed with a stanley knife, having darts thrown at you, being on a coach as the bricks come flying at you, or getting kicked to shit on the walk back to Lime Street.

Now we worry about offending people with little traditional Christmas ditties such as "feed the scousers".

I suppose it's good that things have moved on a bit ...

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I remember back in the late 80's we went to see a reserve game v Forest at Filbo. Clough turned up in the car park being chauffeur driven in a big blue Rolls Royce.

Me and a few mates spotted him and said something to him (bit of banter) and he took it completely the wrong way and had a right go at us. Him and his chauffeur walked into the entrance and we let all the tyres down on his Roller :D

Brilliant manager, absolutely 'of his time' but a total bully. Wouldn't last five minutes in todays game.

His style wouldn’t, he would. Guy of that calibre adapts to the surroundings and environment he’s in. His man management alone would get the best out of players, you’d evolve.

Having said that, not sure he would evolve given the amount he used to drink.

Edited by TJB-fox