Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

Just now, Ric Flair said:

How to go from a position where we should have been 5-1 up to losing on penalties.

Leicester City the class of 2021/22.

Taking off KDH is this year's Iheanacho away at Bournemouth when cruising. That will be a huge mountain for us to climb now. Injuries and covid everywhere and 4 players off to AFCON. Ouch.

Gutted as we were magnificent 1st half.

Not sure even Iheanacho should have been on when our front two were working fine and always a threat of getting the killer goal

• Like 1

Just now, adam said:

Another brendan master class. Completely folded against Liverpools second string. What was going on with the penalty takers. More great management. Thomas and Bertrand and no Vardy. Where was the clubs penalty taker. Its a complete joke at the.moment.

I cant figure it out.

Yes the ref was poor.  But we gave it away.

Guest Col city fan

We are genuine fook up merchants 

Anyone claiming that Rodgers is some tactical genius needs their head looking at

But the real problem as I’ve said all season is our defence, which is the weakest it’s been for many seasons 

We just can’t keep goals out and the lack of strength in depth is criminal really at this level 

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Before I analyse Rodgers performance, what was the reason for the subs as I tuned in late

The only reason that was logical was Albrighton on for Ricardo.

The rest was just a shock and I didn't know why or what was going on.

My initial reaction was "I can't actually believe from the position we are in we have lost that"

But then, almost instantly I got a hold of myself and shook myself down. "Of course I can believe it , it's Leicester.  It's what we do"

We know our defense is crap, Rodgers knows our defence is crap.  The whole damn world and their grandma's knows our defence is crap.  So what is Rodgers answer with 30 to go, knowing our defence is crap? "Yeah, let's give Liverpool a free hit for half an hour, see if they can punch holes through our already leaky sieve"

And they did just that.  Why on earth, if you know your defence is struggling big time, would you heap the pressure on them knowing they would crumble!  We took all our attacking intent off when we should have just have just kept playing on the counter.  We had nothing to offer after this point.

Just what is Rodgers being paid for??

Just now, Kopfkino said:

It gets more and more amazing that this lot managed to win the FA Cup. Weak as piss mentally and bottle 90% of moments they’re under pressure.

Jota is up there with Fernandes for getting away with everything and being just the cuntiest of *****. Ref has shit himself after seeing Klopp at the weekend, might as well just hand him the whistle for the rest of their games this season.

We were about 5mm from bottling that FA cup final and going into extra time with a back 6 including an injured Morgan to be fair lol

Well we did our best to throw it away, finally succeeded.

What happened? Too entertaining? Too exciting? In the first half?

Bet he was ****ing seething in at half time. "Calm in the **** down lads!!!!" were along the lines of his words at half time no doubt.

Wouldn't expect anything less from our so called "Attacking manager".

Losing to their ****ing C team.

Oh well, another bottle job and another nail in his coffin.

Onto the next one.

Obviously the subs could have been better but I don't care how many of you disagree with me, the players should start taking more of the blame

I'm sympathetic because a lot of them are playing out of position but there are too many simplistic mistakes. I wish we could rip up Vestergaard's contract at the end of this season.

I don't mind losing this but the manner we did so is a gut punch 

Makers of our own downfall sometimes. 

Taking KDH off was bad enough considering he gave us a lot of energy in midfield. 

Bringing Bertrand on was even worse. 

He's absolutely useless. Then he misses a penalty as well. 

This borders on the Bournemouth debacle. Considering how strong a position we were in at 3-1, we buckled under pressure. Frustrating!