Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

Probably the poorest refereeing display I've seen in a very long time. It was despicable and Rodgers should publicly come out and criticise that. He'll get fined but sometimes things needs to be said 

3 reds missed.

Foul in lead up to final goal where Vardy was pretty much wrestled to the floor.

If VAR was in use Tonight we win that comfortably. Liverpool got away with murder.

Soyuncu injury caused by a Kasper poor kick and then we had to make countless subs to counter Vestergaard lack of pace. Vestergaard and Bertrand terrible. Nacho scored goals last season but his overall play is woeful.

KDH looks quality.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Makers of our own downfall sometimes. 

Taking KDH off was bad enough considering he gave us a lot of energy in midfield. 

Bringing Bertrand on was even worse. 

He's absolutely useless. Then he misses a penalty as well. 

This borders on the Bournemouth debacle. Considering how strong a position we were in at 3-1, we buckled under pressure. Frustrating! 

Just delete the word ‘sometimes’ and you have it right 

Substitutes were very questionable, saving legs for a Man City team who look like they’ll beat anyone in the world? I’m not sure

Could see how much the game meant to Tielemans, shame we couldn’t of put up a fight for him.

Also, some of our fans at times? Feed the scousers? Do better lads

• Like 2

Just now, Brooksy said:

That peno from Bertrand was so half arsed and obviously he didn't give a ****. Get rid of the useless fat **** 

He looks like a total **** too. 

Such a poor fit for the club. His agent pulled a blinder. Surely some relegation fodder can take him in Jan, even if on loan?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Took Daka off?

Bertrand for KDH?

3 goals within 33 mins and we still lose?

6 mins?

No Vardy pen?

I’m done. 

Daka off for Iheanacho- Iheanacho offers a bit more coming deep and adds to the midfield where we were starting to get overrun.

Bertrand had to come on to make a back 3 - without going to back 3, we had a back 4 of 2 midfielders, a young kid and our 6th choice CB - it needed changing.

Vardy clearly injured not to take a penalty.

Guest Kopfkino
Just now, Stadt said:

Going 532 was disastrous. We already had a relatively unfamiliar back line on. Vestergaard should have a straight swap for Soyuncu. Wouldn’t piss on Bertrand if he was on fire 

I think it’s pretty obvious he didn’t want to play Vestergaard in a two with Ndidi, flanked by Albrighton and Thomas. 

I’d have made the same subs tbh but it was a bit rock and a hard place. 

Just now, ttfn said:

The more I see of this team the weirder the cup final looks.

We have thrown away advantageous positions either in-game or in-season at almost every other critical juncture in Rodgers’ tenure with not just poor but absolute no-show performances and we leak goals like a sieve.

And yet against the European champions we dig in for 90 minutes in an attritional game and win 1-0. 

Tinker mans in charge

Just now, JonnyBoy said:

surely I'm not the only sane person to stick a tenner on at 3-1 up and we brought on Bertrand. and vestegaard? absolutely printing money its unbelievably predictable we were going to knocked out from that point onwards 

I layed Leicester at 1.16 on BFX at that point 🙄

Totally personal for me, maybe because they won everything when I was a small boy…

BUT Liverpool…. Anyone but Liverpool…. I hate everything about Liverpool…. If feels like I’ve been smacked in the guts by someone with a perm and tracksuit 

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1