Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

On another day it would’ve been over in the first half. Fine margins.

Yes, the injuries forced his hand, but the manager got that second half completely wrong. 

The officiating was atrocious yet again. Serious questions need to be asked about why the standard of referees is so fvcking abysmal in this country.

Edited by RoboFox

The most naive team in the Premier League strikes again.

Our mentality is weak as piss and I’m getting bored of it.

Shit mentality from the players, shit management from Rodgers.

Bringing on Vestergaard and Bertrand, plus changing formation, is just asking for trouble.

I’m not going to blame any player for tonight but when it went to pens I thought we’d win it with Youri, Madders, Vardy and Nacho in the team. Real question is why no Vardy in the 5 penalty takers????

We snatched defeat from victory there so I’m really p****d off 

3 minutes ago, eblair said:

Ref was a joke. Tackle on Ricky a disgrace. Jota assaulted Thomas. Bertrand committed crimes against Leicester… again

The one on Alby was pretty dreadful too. I understand they got dealt a bad card or two against Spuds but the ref didn't need to endear himself to the home crowd on behalf of all referees. 

I did make a post in the match thread but can't find it now. CBA writing it again but general consensus was I have some sympathy tonight. Weak defence to begin with and got weaker on the night. 

Iheanacho was dreadful and we really lost something without Daka. 

Liverpool were always going to be all over us second half and generally thought we did well with a defence that would barely survive in this league. 

5 subs is rubbish. They change the game and also gives Rodgers More reason to mess with things. 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, ttfn said:

The more I see of this team the weirder the cup final looks.

We have thrown away advantageous positions either in-game or in-season at almost every other critical juncture in Rodgers’ tenure with not just poor but absolute no-show performances and we leak goals like a sieve.

And yet against the European champions we dig in for 90 minutes in an attritional game and win 1-0. 

It was one of those games. We played ok and scored a wonder goal. Chelsea were well under-par. It happens sometimes 

I've not read any of the threads but just want to say what I think first.

What was Rodgers thinking?

Take Daka off (best player on the pitch), fine, but bring mendy on and go with an extra in mid, of lookman. Players with pace and energy, not Nacho ffs who is renound for being slow and isn't a great impact sub.

Then taking KDH off who covers every blade of grass to go 5 at the back, but still leave 2 up top with 1 of those being Nacho. Wtf is that all about? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Not the reason we lost but Madley was an absolute ****ing disgrace tonight. Disgusting performance. Absolute **** 

Not the reason we lost????

Liverpool should of had 8 players on the pitch if VAR was used tonight. One of the worse Refferee displays this season 

Injuries were cruel and the Ref was weak, but my god I really dislike this team at the minute. We are bottlers, there is no doubt about it.

Rodgers cost us that game with his bizarre choice of subs. With each one we got weaker and lost control of the game. To take KDH off and not Soumare is criminal. As is making Thomas take the 4th penalty.

I’ve never known a team waste so many golden opportunities. We have to be beating that Liverpool team.

• Like 1

Just now, Yes said:

I didn’t actually think Vestergaard was all that bad but Bertrand is beyond dreadful, quite clearly not Prem standard and played a big role in knocking us out of 2 competitions despite barely playing.

Vestergaard’s defensive positioning and awareness for Jota’s goal was absolutely gash.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I did make a post in the match thread but can't find it now. CBA writing it again but general consensus was I have some sympathy tonight. Weak defence to begin with and got weaker on the night. 

Iheanacho was dreadful and we really lost something without Daka. 

Liverpool were always going to be all over us second half and generally thought we did well with a defence that would barely survive in this league. 

5 subs is rubbish. They change the game and also gives Rodgers More reason to mess with things. 

they were brought in as insurance for the chosen 5

1 minute ago, Yes said:

I didn’t actually think Vestergaard was all that bad but Bertrand is beyond dreadful, quite clearly not Prem standard and played a big role in knocking us out of 2 competitions despite barely playing.

Indeed because he was barely playing. We would have been better with 10 men.

Just now, Kopfkino said:

I think it’s pretty obvious he didn’t want to play Vestergaard in a two with Ndidi, flanked by Albrighton and Thomas. 

I’d have made the same subs tbh but it was a bit rock and a hard place. 

Which proves why it was a catastrophic signing. I’d rather player Mike Stowell at LCB than Bertrand - he’s finished.

Daka and KDH off were polio subs as well.