Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

Men against children and the children won. 

Only Leicester.

Brendan cannot be trusted against the club's he believes are better than us. There's no sane explanation for allowing Ryan Bertrand of all people to take a penalty that important after Luke Thomas who also shouldn't have had one. The mind boggles.

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The more I see of this team the weirder the cup final looks.

We have thrown away advantageous positions either in-game or in-season at almost every other critical juncture in Rodgers’ tenure with not just poor but absolute no-show performances and we leak goals like a sieve.

And yet against the European champions we dig in for 90 minutes in an attritional game and win 1-0. 

We scored a wonder goal, Kasper pulled out 2 miracle saves and we got a lucky VAR decision, also Chelsea couldn’t finish their chances. 

We fluked the cup really lets be honest, not that any of us were complaining. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Was it ‘common sense’ to take off KDH, who was immense, and change to three at the back, when we know we flap it when we try and park the bus. 

I'm not defending Rodgers. All I'm saying is anyone that's thinking "Rodgers has deliberately chosen Bertrand to take a pen over Vardy, our regular penalty taker" isn't thinking rationally. 

• Like 2

Fault lies at the Managers door and the Refs, that is as poor a reffing display as you will see and Rodgers seems to have sucked the backbone out of the team, hopefully post match he at least has the balls to call the ref out because he should be nowhere near a professional football field.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Going 532 was disastrous. We already had a relatively unfamiliar back line on. Vestergaard should have a straight swap for Soyuncu. Wouldn’t piss on Bertrand if he was on fire 

Who were the 3 CBs? Ndidi, Vestegard and who? I can't work it out from the players on the pitch surely it wasn't Bertrand or Thomas? 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We are genuine fook up merchants 

Anyone claiming that Rodgers is some tactical genius needs their head looking at

But the real problem as I’ve said all season is our defence, which is the weakest it’s been for many seasons 

We just can’t keep goals out and the lack of strength in depth is criminal really at this level 

We've got the same amount of defenders as most Prem sides. Half of them seem to be injury prone. If you start a season with Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, Amartey and then Vestergaard added, that's a decent amount of cover in the middle. And I genuinely don't think anyone could have predicted how poor Vestergaard would be. As it happens, he wasn't the issue tonight, the tactical subs were.

1 minute ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

That’s on Brendan. Disastrous second half, back three ended up being a back five, with no midfield and getting penned in. Everyone could see that coming. Should have kept KDH on and subbed Youri.

Back five? Don’t believe I saw Bertrand touch the ball…:blush:

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Rodgers subs and tactics in the 60th minute cost us. 

This team has no fight or bottle, we’ve been saying it for over 2 years now. 

I’m just fed up with it atm, feel like we need a change at the end of the season. 

Drivel. Absolute nonsense. 5th, 5th and an FA Cup win. We lost on penalties. Yeah, probably should have seen in out, but we started without 3 centre backs, lost another one and a right back. Liverpool should have been down to 9 by the end.

Get some perspective or just support Arsenal, because you sound like one of their ‘fans’

• Like 3

Probably feel the most for wilf, bouba and Kasper out of everyone. Those two outfield put in so much running and effort and showed tremendous heart. Kasper with a great save from that point blank header and trying to keep the lads focused even after the equaliser. Just another day that hasn’t gone out way :,(

• Like 3