Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

Just now, splinterdream said:

I've not read any of the threads but just want to say what I think first.

What was Rodgers thinking?

Take Daka off (best player on the pitch), fine, but bring mendy on and go with an extra in mid, of lookman. Players with pace and energy, not Nacho ffs who is renound for being slow and isn't a great impact sub.

Then taking KDH off who covers every blade of grass to go 5 at the back, but still leave 2 up top with 1 of those being Nacho. Wtf is that all about? 

He’s running us into the ground - ironically just like he did Liverpool. Get rid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

Vestergaard’s defensive positioning and awareness for Jota’s goal was absolutely gash.

He was by no means good just not as bad as usual on the basis he actually managed to win a couple headers and challenges

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, adam said:

Another brendan master class. Completely folded against Liverpools second string. What was going on with the penalty takers. More great management. Thomas and Bertrand and no Vardy. Where was the clubs penalty taker. Its a complete joke at the.moment.

Wasn't their second string in the second half. They improved their side with their subs, while we made ours worse.

Ok I think my question on the subs seems partially answered we had some injuries.  But KDB wasnt one of them.

So yeah Bertrand for KDB was just dumb, a clear Rodgers panic bottle job sub there.

I also dont disagree on the ref, on the part of the game I watched, he seemed to be clearly not wanting to get in the way of Liverpool.

Our players were awful last 10 minutes, but I do think this was probably the result of the manager sending a signal of give up with his tactical changes.

As to injuries I just dont understand why is no enquiry.  I dont believe the injury situation is luck at this point.

Edited by Chrysalis

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Don't know how anybody can continue to justify it. I've never seen  a Leicester City team with such a weak underbelly. The in game management is non existent. End the season already 

Don’t forget most people are ostensibly sheep. They go with the flow and don’t want to criticise. 
Our fans will continue to justify it because a. We won the FA cup and b. They can’t consider what an alternative management set up would look like 

It’s easier just to keep going with what we have.

That kinda thing… 👍

Wish I didn't tune into this game now. We were in free flow cruising to victory. The way in which it all crumbled is just sickening. We died a slow death one agony at a time not even gonna list them you all have already. Just feel sick now :cry:

Just now, Charl91 said:

I'm not defending Rodgers. All I'm saying is anyone that's thinking "Rodgers has deliberately chosen Bertrand to take a pen over Vardy, our regular penalty taker" isn't thinking rationally. 

Well regarding that one is truly baffling but one can only guess that Vardy either declined to take one, which is very much doubtful, or he’s picked up an injury that would effect him taking one. Rodgers wouldn’t of chosen Bertrand to take one over Vardy.

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Men against children and the children won. 

Only Leicester.

Brendan cannot be trusted against the club's he believes are better than us. There's no sane explanation for allowing Ryan Bertrand of all people to take a penalty that important after Luke Thomas who also shouldn't have had one. The mind boggles.

The ‘children’ won after they brought on adults…:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Drivel. Absolute nonsense. 5th, 5th and an FA Cup win. We lost on penalties. Yeah, probably should have seen in out, but we started without 3 centre backs, lost another one and a right back. Liverpool should have been down to 9 by the end.

Get some perspective or just support Arsenal, because you sound like one of their ‘fans’

And that’s why we won’t see any changes, ‘fans’ like you will just blindy support this regardless. 

How you just watched that game and thought we were unlucky is beyond me. Swap managers with Liverpool and we’d have seen that game out. 

3 minutes ago, Daz93 said:

Just me that thought there was an awful lot of fight in that from us? We lost Ricardo and Soyuncu to injuries and ended up playing Albrighton at right-back and were forced to bring on Vestergaard and Bertrand because we had no other choice. 

Thomas, Ndidi, Albrighton, Youri, Maddison all put in a shift and defended well. The difference is they were able to bring on 4 first team players of huge quality.

The tactics in the second half were no different to the first either - sit back and hit them on the break. The difference was first half was against their kids and second half wasn't.

Exactly this, glad to see a fair post! 

They worked so hard, you cannot question the commitment of anyone in the team (except Bertrand's). 

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Can I just ask what Vestergaard did wrong when he came on exactly? Thought he was good myself. 

agree suprsingly he wasn't that bad but his buddy boy bertrand arghhh. bringing these 2 on was just the icing on the turd cake that was baking away