Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Liverpool vs Leicester (cup) post match

Just now, Yes said:

He was by no means good just not as bad as usual on the basis he actually managed to win a couple headers and challenges

I think the more the game went on he seemed a little more confident in the tackle, won a decent header and made a good block. He obviously isn’t confident whatsoever atm and it won’t help the fact we’re all frustrated with how we’ve been this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The worst thing about this....

In the next few days we'll all have to hear about how amazing Liverpool are from one of their 'fans' we know, even though they've never been within 30 miles of Anfield.

We all know at least 5 of them.

I unfortunately have two of them in my family. And they’re massive tw*ts.

We didn’t lose tonight because of penalties. We lost tonight because we don’t have a good enough squad. Klopp rotated big time and then quickly reverted back to almost his first 11 by full time. We started with probably our strongest available 11 and the only area that looked weak was defence but by the 60th minute that already looking defence amazingly looked even worse. Vestergaard and Bertrand didn’t do a whole lot wrong in the time they played (apart from missing a penalty) but they’re presence in the team created a fear factor that meant the rest of 11 were in complete panic mode. 

One thing we have to talk about is our complete an utter lack of control of the game tonight. At 0-2 and 1-3 tonight we still didn’t look like we were in control. At 2-3 especially we were awful. We rushed every clearance and looked like we were defending with 10 men with only 2 minutes to play even when we had 25/30 minutes left to play. Not once did we take the ball down in midfield and string some passes around to quiet the crowd down and kill their momentum. We just kept throwing them the ball back and inviting their back 4 and midfield to push up on us. Amateur.

• Like 1

Thought the players worked hard, thought we had it in the bag.

Injuries, poor substitute decisions, and a couple of missed oppurtunities, cost us.

Sums up the season so far in one game for me, 3 to 1 up then lose on penalties.

I really couldn't stomach the post match comments from BR or the Kloppmeister, just glad Christmas is in a couple of days and I'll be too pissed to worry about Boxing days match.

Have a great Christmas everyone come on you Foxes!

Easy to be wise after the event but surely Daka should never have been taken off. This decision was made to look even more damaging given Nacho's ineffective performance and the readjustment when Soyuncu went off. We had a pop gun attack from that moment on. 

If Klopp can get away with what he said about refereeing at the weekend then Rodgers should point at that and do the same. Morton and Jota could both have been off on another day, and Vardy tugged to the floor before their equaliser. 

Edited by Foxes96

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The more I see of this team the weirder the cup final looks.

We have thrown away advantageous positions either in-game or in-season at almost every other critical juncture in Rodgers’ tenure with not just poor but absolute no-show performances and we leak goals like a sieve.

And yet against the European champions we dig in for 90 minutes in an attritional game and win 1-0. 

We basically won the FA Cup because Tielemans played one of the best individual all round performances I've ever seen live by a Leicester player and Kasper made two wonder saves. That was the difference on the day. If that Mount effort had gone in we would have almost certainly lost.

This defeat is hard to take. I'd say the subs really cost us and our inability to clear the ball in the 95th minute. 

Aside from the injuries the most worrying thing for me is our apparent lack of mental fortitude. we're just too easy to play against and as soon as the opposition up their tempo and intensity we fall apart.

The question as to why Vardy didn't take a penalty is one that needs answering.

Also on the subs I suppose we don't know how affected by covid the squad have been. Some may not have been able to play a full 90 at that tempo.

Another disappointing and frustrating night in a season of frustration and disappointment.

Hard to see it being much of a success now.

3 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Wasn't their second string in the second half. They improved their side with their subs, while we made ours worse.

It definately wasn't there first team in that second half. We had more than enough to win that but as usual brendans arse went