Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Pre Match Thread - Man City (A) / 26th Dec / 15.00

On 25/12/2021 at 03:21, String fellow said:

I wonder if any FTers attended the game at Maine Road on 11th. November, 1967? We were on the receiving end of a 6-0 defeat. Alan Woollett played at centre-half. Goals by Neil Young (2), Francis Lee (2), Tommy Doyle and Alan Oakes did the damage. Let's hope that there's no repeat of that scoreline on Boxing Day! Exactly a month before that game was City's impressive 5-1 win at The Dell, including Peter Shilton's goal.

I was at the Dell for that match 

• Like 1

Thinking about the defence we could potentially have to put out in might say 6-0, or as going forward we look okay, 7-1? All our 1st team defenders potentially injured, our only options being Vestergaard and Ndidi with Bertrand on the wing back/full back position scares the living daylights out of me against a Man City team full of talent. It’s not going be a pretty watch. Good luck to those who go! 

Edited by fox_favourite

So am I right in saying these players are potentially unavailable due to Covid/injury/AFCON for this game:

Soyuncu, Ricardo, Castagne, Evans, Justin, Fofana, Barnes, Vardy, Amartey (AFCON), Choudhury, Ward. Apparently Daka felt something towards the end of the last game? Anyone I’ve missed? 

We might have to play some of Leicester Ladies at this rate! 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
30 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They are missing Foden and Grealish but probably won't make a jot of difference

And 4 other covid tests.

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Keep checking for that postponement, come on you sods. 

you only need 13 players including a keeper.. that's what the league agreed on I think?

Probably see more covid positives today though which could postpone some of the games..

Edited by whoareyaaa

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, whoareyaaa said:

you only need 13 players including a keeper.. that's what league agreed on I think?

13+ two keepers.

It is almost laughable to think what our line up is going to look like and yet the premier league within all its decision making yet again fails to consider the fans who dispense with their hard earned cash to travel and watch the supposedly most exciting league In the world, when in reality in recent weeks and more to come we will be watching a mix of fringe players and u23’s with team selections more likely to resemble a pre season friendly against the Dog & Duck …..farcical situation but guarantee the fans won’t be compensated 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

So am I right in saying these players are potentially unavailable due to Covid/injury/AFCON for this game:

Soyuncu, Ricardo, Castagne, Evans, Justin, Fofana, Barnes, Vardy, Amartey (AFCON), Choudhury, Ward. Apparently Daka felt something towards the end of the last game? Anyone I’ve missed? 

We might have to play some of Leicester Ladies at this rate! 

Castange & Evans were due to be back in training after the Liverpool game according to Rodgers but probably not fit enough to start or worth risking. Not sure about Amartey as Rodgers said players had not gone to AFCON yet, so no idea if he was injured or still recovering from Covid

Edited by turlo

1 hour ago, Sankey93 said:

F14F5A20-D7BB-41B4-A53E-94C929841C05.jpeg

Uhh ohh. If Kels is likely to start as well as Perez and Lookman does that mean we’ve managed to crock Patson as well now? 

Looks like KDH is playing based on his Instagram and Madders was in recovery or something with Lookman… so does that mean another midfielder Soumaré/ Youri is injured/ Covid? 

Schmeichel 

Albrighton - Ndidi - Vestergaard - Thomas 

Perez  -  Tielemans -  KDH  - Lookman

Maddison 

Iheanacho 

Guest Col city fan

The ACON is going to absolutely decimate this squad this season. Wilf, Big Dan, Soumare? All off for a whole month! 

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan
Just now, wattolcfc said:

Soumare is french but Kel will be going too.

My bad re Soumare. But completely forgot about Kelechi as well! Blimey…

14 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Uhh ohh. If Kels is likely to start as well as Perez and Lookman does that mean we’ve managed to crock Patson as well now? 

Looks like KDH is playing based on his Instagram and Madders was in recovery or something with Lookman… so does that mean another midfielder Soumaré/ Youri is injured/ Covid? 

Schmeichel 

Albrighton - Ndidi - Vestergaard - Thomas 

Perez  -  Tielemans -  KDH  - Lookman

Maddison 

Iheanacho 

Could be even worse if he goes with Bertrand as a CB in a back 5

Edited by turlo