Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Pre Match Thread - Man City (A) / 26th Dec / 15.00

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Imagine we start this game with 3 cbs and the best one if Vestergaard. The only thing preventing this from being a massacre will be the Man City players conserving energy and just passing across their backline for the last 30 minutes.

Wishful thinking.

Even at 7-0 up against Leeds they were still all out attack.

Kind of team that see a weakness and all want to get on the score sheet.

Guest StevieLynex
On 23/12/2021 at 20:55, foxfanazer said:

It's gonna be a boxing day massacre. Really could be double figures

At least we will fight for ever more because of Boxing Day

Guest StevieLynex
41 minutes ago, turlo said:

Injured or Covid, can't remember which 1. In his last presser Rodgers said he was due back in training but not ready to start

Interpreting Rodgers, that means he will be out for six months

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

It doesn’t help that it’s Chris WankRef Kavanagh today is the ref today either 4th official Cootes & Paul utterly Useless Tierney on VAR !!

There is no such thing as a competent English referee , that is a contradiction in terms.

I'm buzzing for today, been in the seven stars since 11, sent my table number to my mates who haven't travelled. Totally expecting us to get battered by Man City so what better way than to not remember any of it.

My luck is that we'll win 1-0 and I'll remember the kick off and that's it.

Equally happy with that.

• Like 4

Amartey, Vester at centre half. Thomas and Albrighton left and right back.  Tielemans, KDH and Maddision in midfield. Lookman and Perez on the wing. Iheanacho up front. At least Perez and Albrighton will provide decent interception stats. The Amartey Vester partnership may be the partnership we didn't know we needed (but perhaps the one we deserved). Lookman and Perez will want to impress. Uh. uh. uh. Cool. Let's go?

48 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Imagine we start this game with 3 cbs and the best one if Vestergaard. The only thing preventing this from being a massacre will be the Man City players conserving energy and just passing across their backline for the last 30 minutes.

Exactly what I can see. Get to three or four. Then chill 

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can't see that we'd have no-one anchoring midfield (KDH or Tielemans being the deepest midfielders?) whilst Soumare and Hamza are on the bench, unless an analyst shows they go wide every time and don't use a number ten AM. Klopp said in the week he saw we only had one "Number 6" i.e. DM and got his side to exploit the spaces either side of him in the second half, can't see that we'd then go to just KDH or no DM and concede that territory entirely :dunno:

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

With liverpool chasing hard, goal difference could be relevant come may time.  That’s bad for us today - otherwise we could let them score and then be Austria v Germany from the seventies World Cup ….

Let's hope they all went to Kyle walkers Christmas party