Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Pre Match Thread - Man City (A) / 26th Dec / 15.00

Any news on cags after tonight and  when's Wilf off to AFCON? Do we even have any available CBs who can play in a back 4 for the weekend?!

Would rather Rodgers play Vestergaard in a back 4 and tweak the system a bit rather than playing a makeshift back 3 and end up getting overran anyway due to sacrificing the extra midfielder

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turlo said:

Any news on cags after tonight and  when's Wilf off to AFCON? Do we even have any available CBs who can play in a back 4 for the weekend?!

Would rather Rodgers play Vestergaard in a back 4 and tweak the system a bit rather than playing a makeshift back 3 and end up getting overran anyway due to sacrificing the extra midfielder

Absolutely right. If you only have 1 proper centre half, why compound the problem by adding 2 makeshift one's there and weaken your midfield as well, surely that's common sense. Play a back 4 and protect it. Rodgers is an utter twat at times.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

If we can forfeit the game and ‘lose’ 3-0 we should, if only to see the look on Klopp’s face.

If not:

Ward/Jakupovic/Stolarczyk

VDC

Amartey

Vestergaard

Bertrand

Perez

Tielemans 

KDH

Lookman

McAteer

Daka 

Agree with having the three goalkeepers!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

As long as Pep doesn't do his snidey tapping up post match on Youri that's fine. Can't stand that shite. 

Expecting a loss. Anything else is just a post-Christmas miracle. 

Urgh. After they've pumped up 6-0. 

"Leicester so brave. So, so brave. They play so brave." Unlike when we hit them for 5 last season and we're anti football ..

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan

To be honest, Covid could do us a favour at the moment.

If we have to try to play against Man City without Soyuncu or Evans we are going to get fooked 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If we have to try to play against Man City without Soyuncu or Evans we are going to get fooked 

To be honest how they’ve been this season I doubt we’d do much better with them…

6 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Is there any possibility that if I get a note from my Mother, we don't have to play, like you did in the old days for PE at school? 

Send them all out in their undies like they forgot their PE kit, that’ll show em 

After having needlessly risked and lost players in the cup against Liverpool, I just really want to see this one out without any more injuries to the first team (many of which are now second or third choice players). 

We always seem to play these around Christmas but I’ve never been less confident of a result. If I was Rodgers, I’d do a Klopp and bemoan the bad referring, lack of protection for our players plus the fixture congestion and then just send out the kids. Either that or forfeit the game. 

It is not worth sending everyone out just to get hammered and incur another injury or a suspension to a defender when they have to take out a Man City player. Let everyone rest at home and enjoy Christmas and then fully focus on trying to get something back against Liverpool (unlikely) but at least it’ll give us some time to recover.

The timid, half-hearted performances this season have in no way influenced my selection for next game, but I’d try - 

Blonde highlights 

Mascara  Concealer Lovely locks

Liquid eyeliner              Moisturiser

Bronzer     Eye shadow

Lip gloss

Toner                Cleanser

I do realise this is extremely controversial - as bronzer isn’t really a good call in a double-pivot. But nail-polish is injured, so we’ll have to make do. 

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

The timid, half-hearted performances this season have in no way influenced my selection for next game, but I’d try - 

Blonde highlights 

Mascara  Concealer Lovely locks

Liquid eyeliner              Moisturiser

Bronzer     Eye shadow

Lip gloss

Toner                Cleanser

I do realise this is extremely controversial - as bronzer isn’t really a good call in a double-pivot. But nail-polish is injured, so we’ll have to make do. 

That's a bold line-up, but I'm not sure the league is going to let us field Madders on his own. :dunno:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I don't think it particularly matters, feel like we'd lose anyway. Might as well take the 2 losses and move on.

With the defensive injuries Rodgers has every excuse going for these next 2 games. 

Any news on whether Evans will be back? And Castagne? If they are out we are ****ed big time. I'd be throwing Nelson in, baptism of fire but can't be any worse. 

My only hope is usually we do ok defending against Man City, to a point, as they pass the ball around the edge of our box rather than running at us like Liverpool do. But their movement is excellent and we don't bother tracking runners. 

Just attack them and see what happens. We do have success against these on the counter. 

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't think it particularly matters, feel like we'd lose anyway. Might as well take the 2 losses and move on.

I did think that is the silver lining playing these 2 in our current state. A good chance we would have lost both anyway, so nothing lost really. Maybe chuck the kids in, and let the rest of them rest and recover for the next winnable game. 

Think Brendan had delusions of grandeur thinking he was a prime candidate to fill Pep's shoes when he leaves, this will be very much a case of "Look what you could have won" for Brodge. 

Incidentally might give this one a miss, I can't watch Man City games at the best of times :yawn: mixed with our insipidity, i'm not sure I can handle the excitement.

Edited by Matt