Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Pre Match Thread - Man City (A) / 26th Dec / 15.00

We won’t be playing with a back four with just Vestergaard the only “regular” fit CB especially as we don’t have a natural RB currently without dipping into the unders and then it will only be VDC who is not good enough to play against these 2 teams without ruining him.

I imagine it will be the back 3 with Amartey, Vestergaard and then I hope Benkovic over Bertrand I know doubtful as he’ll want experience and given 0 playing time so far for Benny.

That said we are down to the bones and I think there isn’t a single poster that thinks we will win these games, so why not just put those 3 in with Thomas & Sharky making up the 5 and see how it goes as we won’t be playing a high line so could suit Vestergaard giving him the responsibility as lead CB, he plays for Denmark there must be something in there.

We then flood the midfield with KDH, Youri, Soumare & Maddison leaving Nacho or Daka as lone striker. 
Bench fairly weak only Perez, Barnes and Lookman as senior’s left I think.

3 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

This talk about Benkovic being badly managed. 

Well he's been loaned out to the Championship and OH Leuven and barely got a game. So it's not just our management that think he's not up to it. I'm as desperate for him to come good as anyone else, but this is one it seems we might just have to write off. 

Admittedly it would be pretty hard for him to be worse than Vestergaard, but will Rodgers get hammered for playing him if he is? There is clearly more to this situation than we fully know. 

Wouldn't read anything in to those loans to be honest, there's potentially lots of reasons besides ability that meant he didn't get a look in.

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Has BR given up doing press conferences or I have missed today's?

No press conference but the embargoed comments after the Liverpool match about player fitness have now been made available. 

Castagne might return but sounds like he got Covid as well so only just back in training. Evans may return but unlikely. 

Barnes is definitely out, along with the other players who missed the midweek game. 

No updates on Soyuncu or Ricardo. 

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

We won’t be playing with a back four with just Vestergaard the only “regular” fit CB especially as we don’t have a natural RB currently without dipping into the unders and then it will only be VDC who is not good enough to play against these 2 teams without ruining him.

I imagine it will be the back 3 with Amartey, Vestergaard and then I hope Benkovic over Bertrand I know doubtful as he’ll want experience and given 0 playing time so far for Benny.

Amartey has already gone to pre afcon  training camp, hasn't he?

Oh and the BBC report Mendy may make his last appearance before going to afcon.  Jeez.

Edited by pleatout

Wonder what was up with Big Dan mid week if he's not gone to AFCON yet? He was one of the first to catch covid so should be back now, unless it's knocked him for 6. 

Leicester City are expected to have their Africa Cup of Nations players available for three more games before the tournament kicks off next month.

"Asked how long he will have the five for, Rodgers said: “I believe up until early January, I think it’s til about the third, so they’ll be around for that time.”

That means, if fit, they will be able to play in both the games against Manchester City and Liverpool in the festive double header, and the New Year’s Day meeting with Norwich.

Mendy was not included in the Premier League squad, but with the registration period reopening alongside the January transfer window, he would be able to play on New Year’s Day.

The tournament begins on January 9 in Cameroon, and ends on February 6."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-major-boost-over-6404122

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Has BR given up doing press conferences or I have missed today's?

it was after the liverpool game:

"Asked if any of the absent players from Wednesday would be back for a trip to the Etihad Stadium, Rodgers said: “We don’t think so. Definitely not Harvey. Wardy, no. Jonny, question mark. Timothy, yep, but whether he’s available or not, because he’ll just be returning to training, so we’ll have to wait and see.”

In the match at Liverpool, Ricardo Pereira and Caglar Soyuncu hobbled off with injuries that are being assessed, but they remain doubtful to appear on Boxing Day. Jamie Vardy also complained of a tight hamstring.

City also had Daniel Amartey and Hamza Choudhury missing from the squad in midweek, while they have James Justin and Wesley Fofana as long-term absentees."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barnes-evans-castagne-leicester-injury-6403832?fbclid=IwAR1hTzH8fWNoUEoY6Dj7-7D6lPqE55GI8BVoDPPUeKTivuwwZS99lu5uiww

• Sad 1

I wonder if any FTers attended the game at Maine Road on 11th. November, 1967? We were on the receiving end of a 6-0 defeat. Alan Woollett played at centre-half. Goals by Neil Young (2), Francis Lee (2), Tommy Doyle and Alan Oakes did the damage. Let's hope that there's no repeat of that scoreline on Boxing Day! Exactly a month before that game was City's impressive 5-1 win at The Dell, including Peter Shilton's goal.

• Thanks 1

Kasper

Nelson   Evans Vestergaard 

Albrighton                           Thomas

Ndidi       Youri

Maddison 

Iheanacho        Daka 

16 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Kasper

Nelson   Evans Vestergaard 

Albrighton                           Thomas

Ndidi       Youri