Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Which cup exit has you fuming more?

27 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Chelsea away FA Cup replay (1997 ish?)

Defended out of our skin that night only to be robbed by a dodgy penalty

No defeat has ever hurt more than that one

I think that was made worse by the way they celebrated laughing in our faces knowing they had cheated. 

• Like 2

Villa was shit. Terrible performance in the first leg and we weren't at it in the second one. They were bag of horse wank then as well, not surprising we capitulated somewhere the home crowd was loud.

Yesterday was abysmal though, 3-1 up against a team featuring a load of kids and contriving to go out is a disgrace. Koumetio's played 90 minutes of senior football, Bradley 172 minutes and Morton 426. Williams and Kelleher aren't particularly experienced either. 

We're building up quite a few bottle job case studies. Liverpool with a shit side out embodied their manager yesterday, aggressive, tireless, full conviction & physical. We embodied ours, timid, naive, weak, nervous & really small.

• Like 2

I wasn’t even mad about last night til I saw the replays of the most blatant red card you will ever see. We’d have put the game to bed and Klopp wouldn’t have risked sending his big dogs on.

It’s still Villa tho. Play that game another 100 times we’d win 99 times and they’d get to ET once. 

2 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Wycombe also

Ditto. It was this defeat that signalled our demise as a regular premier league side, and eventual relegation., The club never recovered from this loss and the consequences were terrible. They went on to lose 9 in a row winning just once.

• Sad 1

Millwall under Ranieri was the game where I turned and wanted him out.

We were Champions of England and lost to a side not even in the top 10 in League 1. It was embarassing.

I remember being fuming at Blackburn in the quarters just because Dickov scored the penalty for them.

Edited by Fox92

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Millwall under Ranieri was the game where I turned and wanted him out.

We were Champions of England and lost to a side not even in the top 10 in League 1. It was embarassing.

I remember being fuming at Blackburn in the quarters just because Dickov scored the penalty for them.

Millwall were even down to 10 men

• Sad 1

Most gutted one for me was Villa. Probs because they were poor and we didn't turn up in two games. I was desperate to go to Wembley to see us in a final for first time in years and I fully expected us to get there.

Last night annoyed me but could see it coming last half an hour.

Newport was a disgrace and Puel should have got the bullet straight after. 

7 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Harlow Away 1980 ! Pushed the Burger van over in protest 

...and yet we finished champions of the old Div.2 that season under Jock Wallace, so maybe a 3rd. Round exit wasn't such a bad thing. Btw, did you also do something similar at Orient in our last league game? I seem to remember a fracas/valdalism at the back of the end where City fans were jammed in.

Wycombe was obviously a killer, but Walsall away in 1978, last minute defeat sticks in my mind.

Millwall in 2017, another last minute cock up.

For you oldies, 1966, 5th round replay at Filbert Street against Man City. Lost 1-0 thanks to a horrendous mistake from Banks.  I was convinced that was going to be our year. 

I don’t really rate league cup defeats in the same way as the FA Cup. I was brought up with the FA Cup being the be all and end all.