Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Match Thread

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Don't set us up so ****ing open for a start. Are you actually suggesting there's nothing he could have done to try and keep it a bit tighter? Because I refuse to believe you think he's done his best here. If he has. Well that's just depressing. 

Again, so what do you suggest he does? He specific rather than say keeping it tighter? 

Without knowing the condition of our other players, it’s difficult to choose an alternative lineup. 

However I’d have been happier playing a formation that offered better protection to the defence. 

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Wtf do you expect him to do? Magic a new CB into the team? All you guys moaning about BR to do something, perhaps maybe suggest an option he could take? 

Use Ben Nelson, look at the training methods and why we're getting so many injuries, sign another player back in the summer, have a bigger squad, win the easier EL ties so we could rest our best players in the last couple of games.

Our main issue this season is that we've been so shit that we have to keep playing all our key players every game, rather than resting than for a game or two like the other teams do as they've performed to their best. That Napoli at home game where we threw away a 2 goal lead, away in Warsaw, at home to Moscow etc. Yet against Liverpool we have a 2 goal lead and he decides to take the best player (KDH) off, and guess what, we threw the lead away again and ended up losing the game, may as well have played the ****ing kids.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I've been watching since 89.

So have lots of experience being frustrated with City.

Anyone what side would you have picked today?

Hardly relevant what side I would’ve picked because I’m not one of the highest paid managers in the world who works week in week out with these players. As stated, frustrations have come due to poor performances over a LONG period of time.
Nobody is saying Rodgers should go because we’re losing away at Man City, that shouldn’t be too hard to understand.

If I had to pick a side I would’ve gone 5 at the back, probably starting the young lad Nelson. Midfield you can pick Tielemans and then whoever out of the rest of the clowns in the Middle. Get some support over to Albrighton who every time has played RB for us has been destroyed by the opposition winger. 

Then, if going two or three down I would’ve actually tried to change things and plug gaps. 

The state our football club is in playing and managing staff at the moment is really really poor. Something needs to change

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FLAN said:

Ndidi, Soumare, Hamza all injured but in bench?  

Ndidi and Hamza aren't fit enough to start, neither are Castagne or Vardy.

Leaves you with Soumare who hasn't been doing too well recently, which leaves you with 2 kids who have never started a senior game, and VDC who isn't that good.

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

What other defence could he field today?

It’s the effort, the desire, the belief…. It’s not there. Personnel I’m not particularly bothered with, even with a weakened team this shouldn’t be happening. A league 2 side would be giving a better account of themselves today, they’ve gone out there either;

1) not giving a ****.

2) have been sent out believing that they’re going to lose, and have just stacked it.

Either way it’s Brendan’s fault, he’s the gaffer surely the lads go out and just throw themselves in front of everything and defend like their lives depended on it? 

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Wtf do you expect him to do? Magic a new CB into the team? All you guys moaning about BR to do something, perhaps maybe suggest an option he could take? 

Brendan Rodgers is one of the highest paid managers IN THE WORLD! Drawing comparisons between him and people on here is pretty fuching ridiculous to be fair.