Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Match Thread

Refereeing is absolutely dire. Genuinely wonder if the league has unofficially said something like "we get our big money from international audiences who tune in to see the big 6 win"

I wouldn't say there's a mandate or a rule that says "give big teams penalties" but I can imagine it's one of those pervasive ideas that creates a culture for it. 

• Like 1

Reality check. We were expecting a mauling before team sheet came out. Even moreso after, and we're getting one. Where is the surprise/disdain coming from?

No point bringing on vardy now, and realistically, from the slim pickings available, would you go stronger for Liverpool at home or man city away?

Untwist your knickers people.

Realistically, Rodgers has earned a nothing season. Injuries galore.  Rodgers fault after almost 3 seasons of no real pre season. 

Get a ****ing grip people and just enjoy the football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Fox said:

You just know that will happen 🤣

I'm in a friendly predictions league and predicted this for 7-2.........looks like I was over-optimistic, but you never know! lol

"You've got to laugh or else you'd cry; you've got to live or else you'll die", as those great philosophers The Piranhas once pointed out....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, l444ry said:

No gameplan again as regards to protecing a pretty dismal looking back four. We have injuries for sure but why does it seem that it's only us that embarras ourselves to this extent when weakened?

Because the manager hasn't got a clue about defending. He doesn't value being sturdy or hard to beat.

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m starting to think the refs are bent. Taking the result away, we’re being battered and they’re continuing to make piss poor decisions and give Man City the advantage….. Someone get Ted Hastings on the case. 

The only one i can think of that was a "poor decision" is the yellow card for Vestergaard. The others I think have been ok. 

Can't really complain about the Ref today. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Hardly relevant what side I would’ve picked because I’m not one of the highest paid managers in the world who works week in week out with these players. As stated, frustrations have come due to poor performances over a LONG period of time.
Nobody is saying Rodgers should go because we’re losing away at Man City, that shouldn’t be too hard to understand.

If I had to pick a side I would’ve gone 5 at the back, probably starting the young lad Nelson. Midfield you can pick Tielemans and then whoever out of the rest of the clowns in the Middle. Get some support over to Albrighton who every time has played RB for us has been destroyed by the opposition winger. 

Then, if going two or three down I would’ve actually tried to change things and plug gaps. 

The state our football club is in playing and managing staff at the moment is really really poor. Something needs to change

I get the frustrations and why you are fed up with it.

Something does need to change.

But moaning about today is a waste of time, injury ravaged squad, post a COVID outbreak was always going to a total clusterf**k.

There has been a lot talk about which players would you pick and I get that but really its about how the team is set up and what roles they have been given. Our defensive play has been nothing short of disastrous. Players not tracking back, marking, running or just basic stuff like competing. Take Festergaard for example I’ve seen oil tankers turn quicker than him, he was so so slow to close down Jota on Wednesday and today he was again ambling when De Bruyne took the ball down and given all the space in the world to give Man City the lead. This sort of horrendous play sets the tone. 

Just now, browniefox said:

The only one i can think of that was a "poor decision" is the yellow card for Vestergaard. The others I think have been ok. 

Can't really complain about the Ref today. 

Their first penalty was a rubbish call as well. Both players were holding one another. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Do wonder what the people who want to keep Rodgers see in him that make them want to persist? Not looking for an argument just curiosity. 

He persist in trying to.play a game that our players cannot.  His persistence is crazy.  I would like to see him given his p45

• Like 2

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

Reality check. We were expecting a mauling before team sheet came out. Even moreso after, and we're getting one. Where is the surprise/disdain coming from?

No point bringing on vardy now, and realistically, from the slim pickings available, would you go stronger for Liverpool at home or man city away?

Realistically, Rodgers has earned a nothing season. Injuries galore.  Rodgers fault after almost 3 seasons of no real pre season. 

I love getting shafted. Fair play. 

• Haha 1

With only two days between this game and the Liverpool game,(which I very much doubt will go forward) ...

I think Vardy, Ndidi and Castagne have been held out for the Liverpool game, which we would have a better chance of getting a result.

We essentially sacrificed this game for both Liverpool games...

Then proceeded to royally cock up the Liverpool cup game, with some befuddling coaching decisions. :cry:

• Like 2

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

We should have parked the bus today, we could have given Nelson a go, we could have got some positives out of this game but so far there's nothing, that for me is the issue 

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Corky said:

Guardiola- "Leicester are so, so good. So, so tough. So many top players, that defence is so good, so tough to score against. So proud of my players, it was such a difficult game".

Brendan - They are a great bunch of lads, work hard in training, played a top class side, need to move the ball better, will work on in training and focus on the next game