Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Match Thread

Just now, moore_94 said:

Can also guarantee we don't get given that at the other end

Absolutely. 

There is definitely corruption amongst the officials we need a disgruntled ex ref to just expose it all. Probably something that started to really kick off after we won the league, how else can they justify still getting decisions wrong even when we have VAR? Unless they all admit they’re incompetent?   

• Like 1

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Because the manager hasn't got a clue about defending. He doesn't value being sturdy or hard to beat.

You're preaching to the converted. I've been saying the same for too long to remember. Could you imagine a Martin O'Neill side being so easy to play against?

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Do wonder what the people who want to keep Rodgers see in him that make them want to persist? Not looking for an argument just curiosity. 

When his had a fully fit squad he has done a good job.

We have been chasing our tales with injuries for the last 18 months.

If we had a fully fit squad and were playing like this, I would be in the out camp.

Also what's the point of having a new manager who going to have to deal with all these problems. Hardly going to get off to a flyer.

If we are going to have a new one give him a summer to prepare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Refereeing is absolutely dire. Genuinely wonder if the league has unofficially said something like "we get our big money from international audiences who tune in to see the big 6 win"

I wouldn't say there's a mandate or a rule that says "give big teams penalties" but I can imagine it's one of those pervasive ideas that creates a culture for it. 

Absolutely true. The big 6 are worth £billions to the worldwide audience ,the rest are not even on display, The boys in charge have total control, 

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Because the manager hasn't got a clue about defending. He doesn't value being sturdy or hard to beat.

I thought his mantra was if you can't win a match at least don't lose it? Sure I've heard players say that in post match interviews.

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Refereeing is absolutely dire. Genuinely wonder if the league has unofficially said something like "we get our big money from international audiences who tune in to see the big 6 win"

I wouldn't say there's a mandate or a rule that says "give big teams penalties" but I can imagine it's one of those pervasive ideas that creates a culture for it. 

Makes you think when you see so much damn awful decisions week on week out, maybe we should have a European pool of officials that rotate to all the leagues that way we could hopefully get consistency rather than our usual inconsistency?

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Aha.  Just back from my walk.  Have we conceded another during the half time break at all? lol

No looked really solid

Edited by StevieLynex

We are a poor imitation of a premier league team at the moment. Yes I accept we will lose today but to not put them under pressure from the front three is not good enough. No doubt the club will blame injuries etc. but there is a lack of all round effort and competitiveness that are the most concerning aspect.