Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 6- Leicester 3 post match thread.

1 hour ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

Don't let the 3 goals and second half fight gloss over the fact that Rodgers had been an absolute shower of shite for a full calendar year

Rubbish ,F.A CUP WINNERS ,CHARITY SHIELD, WINNERS ,and we played well considering we had players out ,at least we gave it a go in the second half,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Well remember we are the Club who allowed Man City to clock up 50 league goals this season and Liverpool probably even more after Tuesday.

We hod some unenviable records.

They've scored 50 against us?  Bloody hell when you put it that way today must have been a remarkable improvement over the first match.

I found a way of being less glum.

It seemed clear to me that we would concede many goals today.  I predicted 7-1 to Man City.  This makes me think it wasn't so bad.   

Vestegaard can give himself a pat on the back for being part of a defensive unit that conceded less than 9.

My prediction meant that after we scored our third, the game was even fun for 3 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This game sums up peoples opinions on the late season failures in a single game, perhaps even more so in fact.

We we’re expecting to get walloped, due to many factors; their fantastic form, our form, our injuries, the schedule, their lack of injuries, their squad quality.

So we are initially poor, start to improve and then we rally at half time and play some scintillating attacking football and get the game to 4-3, an almost impossible comeback is within reach, and they genuinely looked rattled and vulnerable.

We could not complete this comeback, and eventually fell to a defeat, a defeat that had a score line that reflected unfairly on the match as a whole.

I for one was impressed, at least against expectations, and if you were not, what were you expectations pre-match? 

Totally right

The difference between us and them was our calamitous defending which was worse than I thought after watching the highlights. Cags Fof and Evans would've been the difference in that and I genuinely believe that we would've got something from that game.

I'm feeling positive 6 goals in our last two against Man C and Liverpool. Who else has done that this season, we are half way and when fixed watch us go. Up the foxs

6 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Totally right

The difference between us and them was our calamitous defending which was worse than I thought after watching the highlights. Cags Fof and Evans would've been the difference in that and I genuinely believe that we would've got something from that game.

I'm feeling positive 6 goals in our last two against Man C and Liverpool. Who else has done that this season, we are half way and when fixed watch us go. Up the foxs

Yes we scored 6 but conceded 9!,

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

This is what I’m saying. 

Which is our standard way of playing them away

we allow them to have the ball and huff and puff

then we try to be clinical on the counter 

unfortunately we had a very makeshift defence and no cdm  (last season wasn’t great btw) and I appreciate Brendan’s frustration at the VAR pen 

Twice against 2 of the Top 4 & 2 of Europes top in form teams...

We went away created some Great chances & Scored twice 3 goals...!!!

Something in the Front 3-5, whoever is selected is Working Damn Bloody well...!!!

Often our 2 fbacks Play quite well, anyone of the CBs might have a decent show,..... but still all round defensively we are Really shit....

Our individual & Team , Set pieces defensive coaches, are failing miserably...

I find myself this season, agreeing & disagreeing the like, to all posts...

like for English cricket team, I am at quite a quandary where & what could be done to move forward...

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What is really annoying is, if it was Man City in our position today, they would have complained and the game would have been called off. 

I’m glad we played it, we had enough players but we weren’t good enough.

I wish more teams did the same 

1 hour ago, AS78UK said:

Feared the worse before the game started...

Realised that my fear wasnt the worse after 25 mins...

Absolutely buzzing when we came back...

Desperately wanted Vardy on when we 4-3 just behind to see the fear in the eyes of the Man City defence....gutted it didn't happen.

Mix feelings at the end of the match....

Yes, but if he'd played today his injury would worsen. Daka's out, Kel is going to play in the Afcon soon and we'd have nobody to play up front. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Twice against 2 of the Top 4 & 2 of Europes top in form teams...

We went away created some Great chances & Scored twice 3 goals...!!!

Something in the Front 3-5, whoever is selected is Working Damn Bloody well...!!!

Often our 2 fbacks Play quite well, anyone of the CBs might have a decent show,..... but still all round defensively we are Really shit....

Our individual & Team , Set pieces defensive coaches, are failing miserably...

I find myself this season, agreeing & disagreeing the like, to all posts...

like for English cricket team, I am at quite a quandary where & what could be done to move forward...

Let’s be honest - first half, Liverpool’s defence was shocking 

Man City today took a chance with Fernandinho I/o Rodri and it showed when we broke …

we are good going forward and a fit madders makes a huge difference !!

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, Trac7 said:

Say what you want about klopp..but he's one of the most honest managers around..unafraid to speak his mind. Klopp has plenty of times credited other teams. Perhaps you only see what you want to see. He's a good advocate for football. 

Don't forget liverpool have had significant decisions go against them as well..something Rodgers alluded to on his post match reaction. 

Pep's done well with his billions spent on this team. Not too shabby right. And it's easy to credit the other team when you've smashed 6 goals past them! Might have been a bit different if it ended up a draw 

No. Klopp is horrible and much worse than Pep, he's not honest he plays the media just like the big managers do.

Not sure a good advocate for football would say nothing about a potential career ending foul by one of his players.

• Like 2

Talk about a tale of two halves, first half tactics, set up and performance was a complete and utter shit show, at half time I was honestly fearing it would be ten. 

in truth what the hell was Rodgers thinking going into this game to play a cobbled together back 4 and not have a recognised defensive midfielder was absolute criminal and cost is the match inside the first 30 minutes. 

Change of shape in 2nd half and us playing with more more intensity and suddenly for 20 minutes the dream of an unbelievable comeback was on but 5th goal and Albrightons miss killed us off from what was a valiant response to a 1st half mauling. 

Despite the 25 minutes of hope either side it was Men vs boys, both on and off the pitch. Yes we had injuries however surely you set yourself up to be harder to beat, they literally cut through us like a knife through butter, but for poor finishing and a fine save from Kasper it could have been 5 or 6 at half time. Yes we are decimated by injuries but that first half was an insult to the fans who had travelled and spent their hard earned cash watching that absolute shit show. 

one other observation, our pre match warm up looked nothing short of shambolic and embarrassing, low intensity drills, players pissing about, just looked really half arsed, feels like we are no longer a professional set up all seems to relaxed and comfortable and clearly set the tempo for the first half. 

despite the response in 2nd half the 65 minutes either side suggests there are a lot of questions about the direction we are going in. 

Madders, KDH, Kels were quality today. 

Guest glasgowfox

I would have taken the score before we kicked off.....why it was even played is beyond me....premier leage say 13 fit players and off you go...that's fine if you can buy 23 great players and pay them to warm the bench at times