Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 6- Leicester 3 post match thread.

11 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Well I'm worried we concede 6 and think that's good enough. Apathy at it's finest. No doubt the 3 helped but fifteen minutes show not good enough and just when we get close, they slaughter us again. A million miles off what we've been used too, could have been really embarrassing today.

We had 2 first team outfield players starting against probably the best team in Europe, there are some right drama queens on this forum

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Absolutely apparent we need a CB either on loan or permanent in January.  Either that or we have to trust an under 23 player to actually play.  Evans is crocked, Fofana won't be back 100% fir for quite a while, Amartey isn't really good enough and will be at Afcon for a month, so will Ndidi and JJ still seems a way of being back.

If we don't we're going to be playing the rest of the season with a makeshift back line.

Anyone else think our support is generally just quite poor away from home and at home for that matter. yes we went 4/0 down but even at 4-3 not many fans were singing. Not just today either a lot of away game I’ve been to is the same. Obviously Man City’s support was very poor 🤣

I think the players deserve some credit for giving it a go second half.

They could have grown in the towel and gone through the motions second half.

What we learned is that Lookman can contribute if played on the left.

Madison was sublime against real quality, He now knows the level he has to maintain.

I don't know what more Malachi has to do to be given a run in the team. He was superb in attacking areas.

We just move on and we have a score to settle with liverpool next game.

I know the Brendan fan boys keep crying about it being the best team in the world, we haven’t got any players etc but honestly it’s not about this game.

Brendan cannot get us defending set pieces.

Brendan has a training regime that has decimated our squad.

Brendan makes a lot of substitutions that make no sense.

Brendan is too stubborn and single  minded, adapts slowly.

Brendan is poor in the media.

This squad should not be mid table. This squad has top 4 players within it, you don’t hold a UCL spot for two years without that (beside the times it mattered to hold the positions). I think this squad has flattered Brendan and his naturally egotistical persona has bought his own hype. I don’t see why we should continue to suffer him, a measly £10m to get rid, no?

(look at his past clubs injuries btw)

Edited by SheppyFox

19 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

"Disappointing result today but the boys showed a lot of heart. We move on to the next one."

That kind of guff yes?

No they didn't show heart, you don't go 4-0 down in 25 mins showing heart. A fourth division team could have served better.  Too little too late from us, and like I say, as soon as we get close they batter us again.  Really don't see so much positives or heart, but not as embarrassing as it might have been, I'll grant you that. 

55 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

We had 2 first team outfield players starting against probably the best team in Europe, there are some right drama queens on this forum

There were 3 defensive midfielders on the bench including 2 first teamer's, why did none of them start? There was a first team right back on the bench instead of Albrighton who we know can't play there from experience. To compound matters further, we had powder puff Perez in front of him, what would any reasonable supporter think was liable to happen there then?

It was a very poor starting line up and it didn't have to be. Start with your best line-up and substitute for whatever reason, injury or fatigue when you have to. Don't go 3 zip down before you change it and give yourself a mountain to climb. It was so easy to predict what was going to happen, as it usually is, from merely looking at initial line-ups and formations. Christ, they have all week to look at it and still barely ever get it right first time until second half substitutions if then.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

There were 3 defensive midfielders on the bench including 2 first teamer's, why did none of them start? There was a first team right back on the bench instead of Albrighton who we know can't play there from experience. To compound matters further, we had powder puff Perez in front of him, what would any reasonable supporter think was liable to happen there then?

It was a very poor starting line up and it didn't have to be. Start with your best line-up and substitute for whatever reason, injury or fatigue when you have to. Don't go 3 zip down before you change it and give yourself a mountain to climb. It was so easy to predict what was going to happen, as it usually is, from merely looking at initial line-ups and formations. Christ, they have all week to look at it and still barely ever get it right first time until second half substitutions if then.

Ideally, Castagne wouldn’t have come on at all. He shouldn’t have played 45

wilf also has a strain. Assume hamza hasn’t had enough training sessions post his covid/isolation to get through a game 

what you don’t do is start with players who may not make it to half time and then you end up playing a chunk of the second half with ten or nine men …..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ideally, Castagne wouldn’t have come on at all. He shouldn’t have played 45

wilf also has a strain. Assume hamza hasn’t had enough training sessions post his covid/isolation to get through a game 

what you don’t do is start with players who may not make it to half time and then you end up playing a chunk of the second half with ten or nine men …..

I do genuinely understand your point but if players are struggling with strains or not at least capable of a full half, arguably they shouldn't even be on the bench. Could it be that sort of attitude towards injuries and fitness that may have caused some of our injury problems in the first place?

Edited by volpeazzurro