Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 6- Leicester 3 post match thread.

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I do genuinely understand your point but if players are struggling with strains or not at least capable of a full half, arguably they shouldn't even be on the bench. Could it be that sort of attitude towards injuries and fitness that may have caused some of our injury problems in the first place?

The alternative is untried U23 players who are perhaps outside of the squad bubble ?? 

I assume having them on the bench (rather than having a bench of four or five)  is to keep the opposition guessing ….

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The alternative is untried U23 players who are perhaps outside of the squad bubble ?? 

I assume having them on the bench (rather than having a bench of four or five)  is to keep the opposition guessing ….

Admittedly Daley-Campbell is very inexperienced but would he have not been a decent option at right back with Albrighton in front protecting him? Chilwell and Thomas have been blooded in some pretty daunting games so why not him if fit. Got to be better than Albrighton with Perez in front of him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Admittedly Daley-Campbell is very inexperienced but would he have not been a decent option at right back with Albrighton in front protecting him? Chilwell and Thomas have been blooded in some pretty daunting games so why not him if fit. Got to be better than Albrighton with Perez in front of him. 

Sorry but VDC is probably only available because he is in the first team squad bubble !  Anyone who has seen him play would not suggest he’s a better option at RB than albrighton!! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Have you used that all season then? The bench was stronger than the team. Let's throw the game so we can lose heavily again on Tuesday, fantastic tactics. But no doubt you'll be happy if we only concede 6?

I think we ‘threw the game’ so we can make a stab at competing on Tuesday ……

but then BR explained after the game that a few of those subs weren’t fit to play any part …..

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sorry but VDC is probably only available because he is in the first team squad bubble !  Anyone who has seen him play would not suggest he’s a better option at RB than albrighton!! 

In fairness I'll bow to your greater knowledge there then because I've only seen him on his debut when I thought he did really well. I've not repped your previous comments out of ignorance it just says I've ran out for the day. I wonder why it does that particularly on a busy match day?

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Well they did switch from zonal to man marking, it just didn’t help 

Disagree- nothing changed from what I could see. The tactics we used today defending set pieces is what we’ve done all season. Smaller players used as ‘blockers’ for their runners then our better headers of the ball in ‘zones’. On paper this should suffice but our inability to defend is ridiculously alarming. 

I have a few points .

perez should never play for us again , please pay someone to take this imposter. 
the 1st half we stood around and watched them just walk throw us no one put in a hard tackle at all 

I think u can say YOURI is going , he was poor , looked like he didn’t want to be there , the sooner he goes the better we will be , because we might get someone who wants to play for us .

maddison finally done what he did when he first came to us he held the ball and then passed it to a team mate and what a difference that made , we need a couple more midfielders that can do this . 
As for our defence around set plays who ever is in charge of this should be sacked now , for god sake it hasn’t worked for two years , try something else Rodgers or u to stubborn, like must other things that u do . 
that’s my rant , I love my team but gee we have fallen so far so quick , hard to take . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I have a few points .

perez should never play for us again , please pay someone to take this imposter. 
the 1st half we stood around and watched them just walk throw us no one put in a hard tackle at all 

I think u can say YOURI is going , he was poor , looked like he didn’t want to be there , the sooner he goes the better we will be , because we might get someone who wants to play for us .

maddison finally done what he did when he first came to us he held the ball and then passed it to a team mate and what a difference that made , we need a couple more midfielders that can do this . 
As for our defence around set plays who ever is in charge of this should be sacked now , for god sake it hasn’t worked for two years , try something else Rodgers or u to stubborn, like must other things that u do . 
that’s my rant , I love my team but gee we have fallen so far so quick , hard to take . 

I’ve been a critic of many things around the side this year but come on, Youri and Ayoze are not 100% right now. 

And, jeez, we’re having a rough season but we’re not Cov.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Anyone would think we have played brilliantly the past year and this period of injuries and illness is just an unfortunate blip that BR can do nothing about. We have played horrendously for far too long. Even with a full squad, do you really think we wouldn't have played our dull sideways game today. The only reason we scored 3 today because we had nothing else to lose.

Dull, sideways possession based football with players that cannot play possession football. You'd think he would have realised that by now after so many disastrous performances.

We have basically had awful injuries all season u need to calm down. Some of it is down to rodgers but injuries have played a massive part! We seriously all need to calm down about the situation, once fofana and James Justin are back we will go on a run and everyone will forget about this. 

Some serious clutching at straws in this thread, especially around how their xg was 3.8 and ours was 2.4.. 

This game was always a write off especially with injuries however what cannot be forgiven is how easy Man City scored from two corners today after the team had worked so hard to get back into it. 

Its been said it all season, the zonal marking doesn't work and whats more frustrating is that the camera cuts to Rodgers analysing it and he’ll do absolutely nothing about it, like he hasn’t all season. Even Rodgers most ardent supporters will struggle with the mental gymnastics required to defend that.

What did people expect was going to happen today realistically with all the injuries we have?,All I see is posts about being  bottlers, threads about Leicestersy etc. 

What I saw today was a patched up team that defiantly never gave in despite all the injuries and possibly the worst performances from one of my all time favourite players in Tielemans that I have seen from a Leicester player. Be proud that despite how ****ed we are with injuries we never gave up and there was pride in the players in the 2nd half. 

2 pens and a worryingly lack of ability to defend corners aside we gave a much better account of ourselves than the scoreline suggests. We are a good team. We just need our luck to turn with injuries to show it. 

• Like 2

The key thing to take from this game is that we were 4-0 down after 25 minutes - that’s right after less than a third of the game we have not only already lost but are facing a season- defining, humiliating, never-to-be-forgotten thrashing. Records are about to be set. 

What happened next Is the upside of the crowded fixture list. Man City soft pedalled to conserve energy and inadvertently lost control of the game for a brief spell. It’s fair to say we exploited that well. But even then we didn’t have the tactical nouse,  the resilience, the game management, the defensive strength to make them pay. 

Let’s be clear about this - worse teams have gone to the Etihad and been completely outplayed and outclassed. What hardly any of them have done is concede 4 goals in the first 25 minutes. Even if that means parking the bus. Even if it means sacrificing every coaching principle they have to stay in the game for as long as possible. 

Teams that accept conceding four goals in 25 minutes end up getting relegated - maybe not this season - but eventually. They are not winning anything. Because the knowledge that a team can concede 4 goals in 25 minutes encourages opponents and demoralises teammates and supporters. It is simply not acceptable at any ambitious football club and I can’t hide my dismay that fellow supporters are queuing up to say it’s just another bad day at the office on the road to inevitable success. 

• Like 4

Anyone would think we have played brilliantly the past year and this period of injuries and illness is just an unfortunate blip that BR can do nothing about. We have played horrendously for far too long. Even with a full squad, do you really think we wouldn't have played our dull sideways game today. The only reason we scored 3 today because we had nothing else to lose.

Dull, sideways possession based football with players that cannot play possession football. You'd think he would have realised that by now after so many disastrous performances.

What a shameful, entitled thing to write.

We have not had a fully fit squad to choose from for over 12 months and this is the worst injury crisis I can remember in over 40 years of supporting Leicester. 

Be proud we did not roll over and die, but tried to take it to the best club team in the world despite all the setbacks we have. 

• Like 4

Dull, sideways possession based football with players that cannot play possession football. ...

This is my.brlief.  we are not man city... we do not have the quality of squad to play posession football as per rodgers dreams.

Rangnick was being goaded by reporters about his high press ideas and Ronaldo's role.... he said that a manager has to find a style of play to suit the players available... not the other way around.  This is Brendan's mistake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

The key thing to take from this game is that we were 4-0 down after 25 minutes - that’s right after less than a third of the game we have not only already lost but are facing a season- defining, humiliating, never-to-be-forgotten thrashing. Records are about to be set. 

What happened next Is the upside of the crowded fixture list. Man City soft pedalled to conserve energy and inadvertently lost control of the game for a brief spell. It’s fair to say we exploited that well. But even then we didn’t have the tactical nouse,  the resilience, the game management, the defensive strength to make them pay. 

Let’s be clear about this - worse teams have gone to the Etihad and been completely outplayed and outclassed. What hardly any of them have done is concede 4 goals in the first 25 minutes. Even if that means parking the bus. Even if it means sacrificing every coaching principle they have to stay in the game for as long as possible. 

Teams that accept conceding four goals in 25 minutes end up getting relegated - maybe not this season - but eventually. They are not winning anything. Because the knowledge that a team can concede 4 goals in 25 minutes encourages opponents and demoralises teammates and supporters. It is simply not acceptable at any ambitious football club and I can’t hide my dismay that fellow supporters are queuing up to say it’s just another bad day at the office on the road to inevitable success. 

Literally I couldn't agree more. Carry on like this we know where it ends. It's not just this season either, but this whole calendar year. Saved only by the fa cup. Let's hope lightening strikes twice yeah?