Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 6- Leicester 3 post match thread.

10 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What did people expect was going to happen today realistically with all the injuries we have?,All I see is posts about being  bottlers, threads about Leicestersy etc. 

What I saw today was a patched up team that defiantly never gave in despite all the injuries and possibly the worst performances from one of my all time favourite players in Tielemans that I have seen from a Leicester player. Be proud that despite how ****ed we are with injuries we never gave up and there was pride in the players in the 2nd half. 

2 pens and a worryingly lack of ability to defend corners aside we gave a much better account of ourselves than the scoreline suggests. We are a good team. We just need our luck to turn with injuries to show it. 

If you concede at least one goal every game from a set piece you aren’t a good team. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What did people expect was going to happen today realistically with all the injuries we have?,All I see is posts about being  bottlers, threads about Leicestersy etc. 

What I saw today was a patched up team that defiantly never gave in despite all the injuries and possibly the worst performances from one of my all time favourite players in Tielemans that I have seen from a Leicester player. Be proud that despite how ****ed we are with injuries we never gave up and there was pride in the players in the 2nd half. 

2 pens and a worryingly lack of ability to defend corners aside we gave a much better account of ourselves than the scoreline suggests. We are a good team. We just need our luck to turn with injuries to show it. 

I must admit I can’t fathom the thought process of many who went with the following pattern: 

2.01pm ‘we are ****ing shite, we are losing this 10-0’ 

3.27pm ‘this is a joke. What the **** is this’

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

There we go, in 2 minutes on MOTD, Shearer has managed to diagnose exactly why we concede so many goals from corners. Taken BR 12 bloody months, and he still don't see it. 

I don't know exactly what the solution is, but the bottom line is ****ING CHANGE SOMETHING. It's the definition of madness.

16 minutes ago, shailen said:

Our side was patched up, we were playing Albrighton at RB and everyone else in the backline are reserve players that have barely played this season. 

Vestergaard - a Danish international, an experienced EPL player and an £11-million signing three months ago. He hasn’t played much but he has been given plenty of time to assess the problems from the bench and prepare himself to play and help solve them. 
Thomas - first choice left back I believe, possibly only because Bertrand has been such an unmitigated disaster..

Amartey - oddly given little to no game time by BR recently even as Cags commits error after error. Certainly not perfect but in my view a respectable stand in. 

Makeshift, patched up, yes. Disastrous no. If the squad has been working as a squad - they should be able to come in and work under a system they understand. 

• Like 1

The players in the defensive positions didn’t do too badly actually but as a team we are awful. I think we are currently the worst defending team I’ve ever seen. Tielemans making two stupid challenges and giving away pens, Kasper setting up one from no where and the two set piece goals where I actually cringe watching us trying to defend. Soo 5 awful goals to concede! One game we’re gonna concede double figures, we really do look like a bunch of kids trying to defend against men.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, shailen said:

Our side was patched up, we were playing Albrighton at RB and everyone else in the backline are reserve players that have barely played this season. I think the 4-0 after 25 mins is largely a reflection of this and the fact that Man City are on fire right now.

But for me the change in shape at half time and the character we showed to nearly get back was fantastic. Set pieces aside, second half we defended really well. With Maddison on fire right now and Dewsbury Hall's energy in midfield we look a real threat. 

Today we played the best team in world football imo and our third team gave them a scare. We're not as far away as people think and we'd be even better when our injuries subside! 

...yes it was a patched up side, but he (Rodgers) came out and said he had compromised his ideology when playing this very same team previously!!!

Why go toe to toe against them. It is the worst plan, they looked so susceptible on the break, we could just have put in a block and countered them.

Not sure why people keep eulogising them, they really aren't all that and no point going into games thinking it is a free hit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smudgerfox said:

Vestergaard - a Danish international, an experienced EPL player and an £11-million signing three months ago. He hasn’t played much but he has been given plenty of time to assess the problems from the bench and prepare himself to play and help solve them. 
Thomas - first choice left back I believe, possibly only because Bertrand has been such an unmitigated disaster..

Amartey - oddly given little to no game time by BR recently even as Cags commits error after error. Certainly not perfect but in my view a respectable stand in. 

Makeshift, patched up, yes. Disastrous no. If the squad has been working as a squad - they should be able to come in and work under a system they understand. 

Vestergaard was actually 14m rising to 15m depending on appearances for Leicester 🥺

3 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Both are not mutually-exclusive viewpoints...

Except of course that one is FACT and the other is supposition. 

We are a free scoring side and if we conceded a few less goals we would rocket up the table since it's so congested.  I am not defending our defence. We are a relegation worthy defence. But we are a little bit better than "not too shabby" in attack.

But don't let my supposition get in the way of your panic-stricken posts.  

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

We are a free scoring side and if we conceded a few less goals we would rocket up the table since it's so congested.  I am not defending our defence. We are a relegation worthy defence. But we are a little bit better than "not too shabby" in attack.

But don't let my supposition get in the way of your panic-stricken posts.  

The last line was childish and renders your post unworthy of the dignity of a substantive response...

Despite the result (be honest, most of us would have accepted this score before the match), there were a few positives. Maddison has definitely got back to his best form. Best match I’ve seen from Lookman. Iheanacho had a good second half. KDB looking good.

With a bit more luck we could have snatched a point. The 2 penalties were very silly from Youri, particularly the first. We had loads of chances that went begging.

Could have been a lot worse.

Edit: KDH, not KDB :blush:

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

Brendan bloody Rogers,

Let the boys play free.

Let the boys play with no fear.

Let them display their true potential .

Because we can go head to head and toe to toe with anyone.

AS FAR AS YOU STOP PULLING THEIR LEASH.

Be brave, be courageous .

We are getting sick and tired of playing catch ups because you are gutless.

13 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Brendan bloody Rogers,

Let the boys play free.

Let the boys play with no fear.

Let them display their true potential .

Because we can go head to head and toe to toe with anyone.

AS FAR AS YOU STOP PULLING THEIR LEASH.

Be brave, be courageous .

We are getting sick and tired of playing catch ups because you are gutless.

Is this a poem?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Can’t beat our own fans falling out at games 😂 got vardy on the bench what Rodgers doing, our bench is better than our starting 11, there all clueless etc etc. Some people just need to wake up and realise we’re struggling big time and have been for 18months with injuries. Let’s try and start next season with everyone fit and a couple of new players and we’ll be fine again. Just try and finish as high as possible now and have a go at the conference league. 

7 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Before the Liverpool game, there is no way we'd have gone into this game relying on a back four of Albrighton, Vestergard, Amartey and Thomas. To ask them to all play together for the first time against Man City in the form they are in was never going to end well. I think the first 25 minutes showed that more then anything and a team like Man City will be ruthless. But for the rest of the game they recovered well and bar set pieces defended really well. 

It takes time to build a defence and usually to ask one new team mate to play is fine, but to ask three new team mates who have probably never played together with limited prep time against the best team in the world was going to be a huge task. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1