Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 6- Leicester 3 post match thread.

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Considering we had very few of our best 11 and were 4-0 down to one of the best teams in football getting it back to 4-3 was astonishing. Bizarrely one of our best shows of the season. 

6-3 was a little bit harsh on us overall. 

Nah

If we have to go into the Liverpool game with the same defence, we’ll concede just as many I think 

To get back to 4-3 and then see our fragility from corners throw it away, it’s just painful yet again. I’m a supporter of Rogers but make shift squad or not, two goals from corners, two penalties given away by Tielemans and a Kasper error for another one…we are not good enough from 1 to 11 in periods of games this season, we’re underachieving. 

8 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

We've conceded the fourth most goals in the PL this season...

If it was not for our not-too-shabby attack, we would be battling relegation.  

Or you could see it as.... We amazing going forward, if it weren't for our defensive injury crisis we'd be fighting for the top 4?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Another great example that epitomes the season

Going forward, we look slick. Maddison really put himself in the shop window today by playing really well in a rubbish team 

But defensively…. A back four of Amartey, Vestergaard, Thomas and Albrighton is championship standard

And they had zero protection in front of them

The reality is that Man City scored four and just switched off. It was like a practice match for them.

As soon as we started scoring, they upped a gear and tried again

If they’d have REALLY wanted to, they’d have got 8 or 9 today I think 

I dream of a back three of Cags, Fofana and Evans. We probably wouldn't have an issue then. But as we all know its not possible at present.

5 hours ago, hejammy said:

Or you could see it as.... We amazing going forward, if it weren't for our defensive injury crisis we'd be fighting for the top 4?

Not mutually-exclusive viewpoints...

Except of course that one is FACT and the other is supposition. 

Edited by NaijaFox

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I absolutely agree we cannot defend set pieces. 

I also agree our team is in bits. 

Agreed! Yes our defence massively needs work but our team is seriously depleted and to show fight to get 3 back is great and more than any would believe. I'm proud of them. We'll done boys!

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Ric Flair said:

Maddison is pure sauce at the minute. Looks quicker, more aggressive and more confident than I've ever seen him.

Put himself in the shop window today for sure because he played really well against a top side. That’s generally the barometer 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Maddison is pure sauce at the minute. Looks quicker, more aggressive and more confident than I've ever seen him.

The cynic in me says we should make hay while the sun shines and cash in if we receive a good offer, while hes on this form 

The highs are high with madders and the lows are extremely low.

• Like 1