Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 6- Leicester 3 post match thread.

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Glass half empty

Just how I saw the game and how it played out

You can be as pro Leicester as you like but as soon as they thought they needed to try again,  they did

And scored another two goals 

How on earth there’s much to be positive about having conceded 6 in a game is beyond me tbh

But that’s typical FT. We let in SIX and some on here are almost hailing us as heroes.

I don’t disagree we tried to get forward. We had lots of missed chances in the first half. But they were in control if they wanted to be.

Edited by Col city fan

6 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Schmeichel can pull off great saves but he is the essence of our vulnerability at corners. Different defenders have come and gone but he is always there, rooted to his goal line.

Funnily enough my 15 year old son said the same, and has pointed it out countless times.

• Like 1

With that back line we was never going to expect anything but a drubbing but fair play for the effort in the second half. 

Still though it’s still scary how crap we are against corners. Rodgers and the coaching staff really need to find a solution because it’s embarrassing.

• Like 1

Make sure we stay up, go for the conference league, and forget this season ever happened I think lol injuries and an inability to defend have ruined us.

Pleasing fight back, players did themselves proud with that. Shame we can’t defend set pieces isn’t it! 

Edited by Devonfox1884

With corners, it isn’t working. Just sod the tactics and get back to basics. Man mark and match up. Kasper needs to be more commanding. It shows it’s not the players as every combo has the same problem. So it is the system. If it was just solely player problem, it would be fixed with a change. 

but good fight today in the end. Like others said, rather we had a go at least their is fight in the team. This shows to me they still back the manager. Think of Puel time - it was obvious he lost the dressing room and the players didn’t care.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

With corners, it isn’t working. Just sod the tactics and get back to basics. Man mark and match up. Kasper needs to be more commanding. It shows it’s not the players as every combo has the same problem. So it is the system. If it was just solely player problem, it would be fixed with a change. 

but good fight today in the end. Like others said, rather we had a go at least their is fight in the team. This shows to me they still back the manager. Think of Puel time - it was obvious he lost the dressing room and the players didn’t care.

Very true

Rodgers is getting away with murder here. This isn’t only about our poor players at the back, it’s also tactics. What the Hell Dan Amartey is doing being shoved on the back post. It’s just lunacy 

Edited by Col city fan

Our defense was Amartey and Vestergaard at CB. So yeah it was never going to be pretty against ManC. We're decimated at the back, that's just the reality of it and probably should make our peace with it. Partnerships are the most important thing in those roles and we have no consistency due to injuries. Would like to see the club bring somebody experienced in during the transfer window, even if its on loan. 

Exciting second half where hope raised its nasty little head for a moment but I saw 25 minutes to go and knew they'd have a few chances. And Foden coming on in the same minute of Hamza is a good indicator of where we're at. Good game for the neutrals and another win for ManC but so far this season: ManC 0 cups. Leicester City 1 cup. And yes it counts. 

BR is doing well holding this team together during an insane schedule with an awful injury list to key areas. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You can be as pro Leicester as you like but as soon as they thought they needed to try again,  they did

How on earth there’s much to be positive about having conceded 6 in a game is beyond me tbh

But that’s typical FT. We let in SIX and some on here are almost hailing us as heroes.

I don’t disagree we tried to get forward. We had lots of missed chances in the first half. But they were in control if they wanted to be.

They always will be with their quality, the money they spend will assure them of that, I actually thought we did quite well! 4th and 5th choice centre backs along with a 20yr old and a right wing are going to struggle against Man City every day of the week

• Like 2

Attacking we are fine,  Creating lots of chances and scoring ample goals.  We desperately need a NEW Goalkeeping Coach and NEW Defensive Coach.  Until we address this, even with defenders coming back, I cannot see this set piece problem disappearing. We need freshening up and sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well clearly Pep, Sterling and lots others disagree with you. They said they wanted to control the game but didn't. Yes we conceded 6, one which was not a penalty, one which their was debatably a hand ball. This is Man City, probably the best team in the world at the moment. How many goals have they conceded? Look at our defensive line up? I think maybe you need to bring your expectations down a notch and understand the situation. From that second half performance there were lots to be positive about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Can’t defend for our lives, nobody seems prepared to sort it either, scoring isn’t a problem for us but wow the defence has been woefully inept all season. 
Only conceding 6 should not be seen as some kind of bizarre positive either. 

Spot on

That’s 6 goals shipped. And we have people on here making out it wasn’t too bad

FT is a funny ol place 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Well clearly Pep, Sterling and lots others disagree with you. They said they wanted to control the game but didn't. Yes we conceded 6, one which was not a penalty, one which their was debatably a hand ball. This is Man City, probably the best team in the world at the moment. How many goals have they conceded? Look at our defensive line up? I think maybe you need to bring your expectations down a notch and understand the situation. From that second half performance there were lots to be positive about. 

He’s being nice 

18 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Schmeichel can pull off great saves but he is the essence of our vulnerability at corners. Different defenders have come and gone but he is always there, rooted to his goal line.

8 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Funnily enough my 15 year old son said the same, and has pointed it out countless times.

why don't we put him in charge ?!

aliens.jpg