Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 6- Leicester 3 post match thread.

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just how I saw the game and how it played out

You can be as pro Leicester as you like but as soon as they thought they needed to try again,  they did

And scored another two goals 

How on earth there’s much to be positive about having conceded 6 in a game is beyond me tbh

But that’s typical FT. We let in SIX and some on here are almost hailing us as heroes.

I don’t disagree we tried to get forward. We had lots of missed chances in the first half. But they were in control if they wanted to be.

Mate, we had Albrighton and an unfit Vestargaard and Amartey at the back against one of the best teams in the world lol

Would you have preferred a 5 5 0 formation where we just low block all game and probably lose 2 or 3 anyway?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I’m disagreeing with your analysis of the game as you well know. 
We were always going to lose today. 
And I’m glad we scored three. 
But they HAD stopped playing. Going up by 4 goals in 30 mins is almost embarrassing I’d imagine. I think they already had their heads on the next game.

And what happened is as I said. As soon as they were threatened they went on to score another two

You say it as a matter of fact and its actually a matter of opinion. An opinion which a lot, if not most people disagree with (even those involved in the game) don't forget even when it was 4-3 we had a few chances, you'd think if what your saying is true, they would have "switched back on" after conceding the first or second? You're point is flawed in my opinion 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Agree but was just comparing him to Klopp, I would much rather Man City win he the league than Klopp and his bunch of cheats. 

Say what you want about klopp..but he's one of the most honest managers around..unafraid to speak his mind. Klopp has plenty of times credited other teams. Perhaps you only see what you want to see. He's a good advocate for football. 

Don't forget liverpool have had significant decisions go against them as well..something Rodgers alluded to on his post match reaction. 

Pep's done well with his billions spent on this team. Not too shabby right. And it's easy to credit the other team when you've smashed 6 goals past them! Might have been a bit different if it ended up a draw 

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

You say it as a matter of fact and its actually a matter of opinion. An opinion which a lot, if not most people disagree with (even those involved in the game) don't forget even when it was 4-3 we had a few chances, you'd think if what your saying is true, they would have "switched back on" after conceding the first or second? You're point is flawed in my opinion 

You could literally see it!

After the fourth goal went in, they just completely slowed down. I even turned to our kid watching the game and said this was like a practice match.

Anyone trying to genuinely make out that there were some real positives today are deluding themselves. 
I’m not surprised we scored tbf. We nearly always do. I had btts pre game and made a few quid.

But defensively, to concede goals in the manner we did is shocking. 
For me, scoring a few against a side who had visibly slowed right down doesn’t gloss anything over.

Guest Col city fan
14 minutes ago, Hales said:

Are you always this grumpy 😊

When the team I support ships in 6 goals in the manner we did..?

Yes

🤷‍♂️

That’s six goals… 

I’m genuinely finding it bizarre to even have to justify myself

6 goals… and could have been many many more

Garbage

Edited by Col city fan

So in our starting lineup a mixture of mainly injury and a few rested to make sure we have some form of competitive side 2 days later DIDNT INCLUDE, Ricardo, Justin, Evans, Soyuncu, fofana, ndidi, soumare, Barnes, daka, vardy and yet folk still wonder how we aren't going toe to toe with a full strength Manchester City side top of the league? 

2 gifted pens which were poor from YT, 2 set pieces which are poor to concede from again but regardless of switching from zonal we are still going to concede on occasions believe it or not... 

We looked she'll shocked for 25 mins but somehow managed to scare them in to forcing the game through with a that advantage and score line in their favour! I'm 50/50 on BR and think that's a stretch too far given his achievements but City came out a different animal, formation and togetherness second 45. Yes City had won the game at 45 but ask them that up up until the 69th minute and you'd have a different reaction! Pep must be fuming tonight.

We put out virtually our full strength against their weakened side at Wembley in May and won the game, today was their turn.

No idea if BR will be here this time next season but strangely enough the more taxing it becomes for us with injuries etc the more I seem to want to back the bloke. 

Edited by Blanchflower78

It’s a shame we can’t defend as we have no issue scoring goals, sort the defence out and we aren’t too far of being too 4/title contender as mad as that sounds. You can counteract that by saying if we sort the defence out does that sacrifice the amount of goals we would score? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

When the team I support ships in 6 goals in the manner we did..?

Yes

🤷‍♂️

That’s six goals… 

I’m genuinely finding it bizarre to even have to justify myself

6 goals… and could have been many many more

Garbage

Yes but on the same page…. We could have had many more…. Maddison&Iheanacho forcing class saves from Ederson, Albrighton missing a sitter. If you’re gonna say this at least look at it in a balanced view because they only had one more shot (on target/off target) than us all game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

Don't let the 3 goals and second half fight gloss over the fact that Rodgers had been an absolute shower of shite for a full calendar year

So who would you have named in the team today then?

Despite how bad we were at the back first half we had a few chances. Feared the worst obviously at 4-0 but I’m amazed to say I’m really proud after that second half. If we had to lose, I’d rather lose 6-3 than 5-0 or 5-1. Some obvious deficiencies but given the personnel absent and everyone expecting the worst, I’ll take that today

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yes but on the same page…. We could have had many more…. Maddison&Iheanacho forcing class saves from Ederson, Albrighton missing a sitter. If you’re gonna say this at least look at it in a balanced view because they only had one more shot (on target/off target) than us all game. 

I’d have repped  this but have used my quota- we created those excellent chances second half so could easily have scored more. 

Edited by old koppite
Spelling

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well the xg was 3.8 to 2.4 at their 3.8 included 1.6 for the two pens 

So on chances created it was fairly even 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, smudgerfox said:

Precisely no-one is wondering that. What we’re wondering is how many goals Man City might have scored had they continued trying to score. Because I honestly believe they could have scored ten..the defence  we put out today is makeshift but every player is a first team squad player - not players plucked from the obscurity of the under 23s too early. The defence is poor organisationally and was left wide open for the entirety of the first half. That has been the case for most of the season and it hasn’t made much difference who the individuals in the defence have been. I don’t think it’s too much to expect our “elite” coach to make us more difficult to beat, more difficult to score against. You can’t spend half a season wishing your best defenders weren’t injured and saying things will improve when they return. You have to do your best to build a solid base from the players you have…the returning players will benefit from the establishment of that base and hopefully make it even more solid…

:appl:
Absolutely spot on… these are not kids we threw in. They are experienced professionals who many (in the case of Amartey) have claimed are more than able to deputise

But I blame Rodgers mainly. Vestergaard was a shocking appointment and whomever we play at the back it doesn’t seem to much matter. We STILL look defensively clueless 

Edited by Col city fan

5 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Precisely no-one is wondering that. What we’re wondering is how many goals Man City might have scored had they continued trying to score. Because I honestly believe they could have scored ten..the defence  we put out today is makeshift but every player is a first team squad player - not players plucked from the obscurity of the under 23s too early. The defence is poor organisationally and was left wide open for the entirety of the first half. That has been the case for most of the season and it hasn’t made much difference who the individuals in the defence have been. I don’t think it’s too much to expect our “elite” coach to make us more difficult to beat, more difficult to score against. You can’t spend half a season wishing your best defenders weren’t injured and saying things will improve when they return. You have to do your best to build a solid base from the players you have…the returning players will benefit from the establishment of that base and hopefully make it even more solid…

Your missing the point, they are all stop gaps who we are then asking to play as a collective, against the country's best side!!

You can't coach JV turning his back on KDB his limited ability means that is more likely than say Evans or Fofana doing it. This whole back 4 had real limitations hence why you ideally ask them to step in individually when you have an injury, they aren't typically expected to create a collective of stop gaps at the same time?

It's really not that difficult to understand. Would you have expected the reserve back 4 to have done better against say Newcastle? Yes, why, cos they are far poorer. So if we can understand that logic why not the first bit?

Edited by Blanchflower78
  • Like 4