Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Seagrave Training centre/Poor performances

Simple topic really. Do people think that the new training ground has had a negative effect on the clubs results?

I for one believe that this has been the case and that results/style of play/injuries have all coincided with the training ground opening.

Usually a club having the luxuries that our players are entitled to would be a deal maker for any player. I think with the injuries we've had that either the training regime has had a negative impact on the players or that possibly the medical staff are under pressure to get players back out to quickly. Either way, with this training centre we should be improving, not declining.

Yes, the training ground is only one component. 

Thoughts everyone........

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Simple topic really. Do people think that the new training ground has had a negative effect on the clubs results?

I for one believe that this has been the case and that results/style of play/injuries have all coincided with the training ground opening.

Usually a club having the luxuries that our players are entitled to would be a deal maker for any player. I think with the injuries we've had that either the training regime has had a negative impact on the players or that possibly the medical staff are under pressure to get players back out to quickly. Either way, with this training centre we should be improving, not declining.

No

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Completely agree

Leicester City players will have “no excuse” for not improving their game when the club move into their state-of-the-art new training ground, manager Brendan Rodgers has said.

“This is right up there with the best in the world. It’s an absolutely incredible investment by the club.

“It’s one of the big reasons to come here. I’m a developer, that’s my life. It’s a facility where there’s been no expense spared, it’s phenomenal.

“There’s no excuse for any player.

“It has everything you would want at the very elite level of modern football from the sports science to the pitches, to the academy.

Rodgers said last month that moving to Seagrave will provide the City squad with an immediate “vital boost” as the advanced recovery facilities allow them to get through a busy period with more freshness.

“I think the benefits to it straight away will be that we’ll go into a world-class facility that will allow us to recover even better,” he said.

“We go into Seagrave where there’ll be pools, hydro pools, cryotherapy, there’s going to be everything there in order to recover. That will be brilliant for us in this period where the games will be coming thick and fast.”

Why Brendan Rodgers insists there will be 'no excuses' from his Leicester City players - Leicestershire Live (leicestermercury.co.uk)

• Like 3

That ‘no excuses’ line was brought out a couple of times on the Moscow 25 training ground tour.

It’s an incredible facility with everything you could need as a footballer. But I’m already hearing rumours that the players aren’t keen and complaining about the pitches and the wind…

Put it this way, the training ground isn’t going anywhere so if something’s going to give, it’ll be the current players.

21 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

No. Bad challenges, covid and needing to overplay players have resulted in the injury crisis. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

That ‘no excuses’ line was brought out a couple of times on the Moscow 25 training ground tour.

It’s an incredible facility with everything you could need as a footballer. But I’m already hearing rumours that the players aren’t keen and complaining about the pitches and the wind

Put it this way, the training ground isn’t going anywhere so if something’s going to give, it’ll be the current players.

Liverpool's players moaned that their new training ground was too windy. It's not exactly done them much harm. 

5 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Care to elaborate?

I’m not in the know in any way, which is why I said rumours.

But there’s one saying that the players don’t like the wind that comes with being in a big, open, green location as it interferes with the ball and that the temperature they have to train in each day is colder.

57 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Seagrave  was never going to be for these First few months or year....Too early !!

• Like 1