Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Seagrave Training centre/Poor performances

On 26/12/2021 at 19:24, Freeman's Wharfer said:

That ‘no excuses’ line was brought out a couple of times on the Moscow 25 training ground tour.

It’s an incredible facility with everything you could need as a footballer. But I’m already hearing rumours that the players aren’t keen and complaining about the pitches and the wind…

Put it this way, the training ground isn’t going anywhere so if something’s going to give, it’ll be the current players.

World class training facility and the players are moaning about the new pitches and the wind? If any of this is true then they all need to wipe their fanny’s and get a grip of themselves.

Jesus.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

I don’t think Seagrave is totally to blame but I do think it has made our players a bit spoilt. When you compare to how they used to ruff it up at the old gaff to what they have now. It’s like being on the dole for years and years to scooping the euro millions jackpot. For me they look like they’ve lost there fight and motivation.

But other clubs have similar top class facilities and I don't see anyone saying that Jordan Henderson or Bernardo Silva or Son Heun Min are spoilt and not putting the effort in.

If that's their mindset, that's a player issue not Seagrave itself.

• Like 2

On 26/12/2021 at 19:35, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’m not in the know in any way, which is why I said rumours.

But there’s one saying that the players don’t like the wind that comes with being in a big, open, green location as it interferes with the ball and that the temperature they have to train in each day is colder.

The high winds have ruined set piece training. Obviously!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, iancognito said:

But other clubs have similar top class facilities and I don't see anyone saying that Jordan Henderson or Bernardo Silva or Son Heun Min are spoilt and not putting the effort in.

If that's their mindset, that's a player issue not Seagrave itself.

Let’s be fair the scousers old place would’ve been a upgrade on our old place.Until Vichai and top came along we had no money chucked at it. That’s why they built Seagrave because they knew the old place was limited. I just feel the old place kept the squad grounded they were in the middle of a housing estate. Now there in the middle of no where they may as well be in one of those posh health farms. 

On 26/12/2021 at 20:17, Bryn said:

Correlation not causation.

Just saying this isn't an argument of any sort. It's just a phrase people use because they think it is clever. 

If something correlates then that is grounds for investigation. You don't just say 'Correlation not causation' and sit with a big grin on your face because you think you've disproved an argument with a non-sequitur. 

This phrase is useful at as a means of justifying further study NOT as a means of dismissing an argument because you don't want to engage with it. Using this phrase is a segway into examining the parameters that seem to cause but actually just correlate. 

So in that spirit explain in deal, as is the ENTIRE SPIRIT of that phrase, the reason that correlation does not equal causation in this instance. Obviously, if you're using it you can prove it. Unless you're just spouting it to dismiss an argument with no reasonable grounds in a way you think makes you seem clever. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Just saying this isn't an argument of any sort. It's just a phrase people use because they think it is clever. 

If something correlates then that is grounds for investigation. You don't just say 'Correlation not causation' and sit with a big grin on your face because you think you've disproved an argument with a non-sequitur. 

This phrase is useful at as a means of justifying further study NOT as a means of dismissing an argument because you don't want to engage with it. Using this phrase is a segway into examining the parameters that seem to cause but actually just correlate. 

So in that spirit explain in deal, as is the ENTIRE SPIRIT of that phrase, the reason that correlation does not equal causation in this instance. Obviously, if you're using it you can prove it. Unless you're just spouting it to dismiss an argument with no reasonable grounds in a way you think makes you seem clever. 

'For every hundred people who get this infection 85 die. This could be a cause for concern.' 

'Correlation not causation.'

'Oh right, we end the research because you've used those three words. That's exactly what that phrase means thanks. It isn't just an academic edict for the need for robust data, inquiry, examination, and discussion. It's a phrase people can use on message boards to shut down areas of discussion they're not interested in. No further examination necessary.' 

Edited by foxile5

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

World class training facility and the players are moaning about the new pitches and the wind? If any of this is true then they all need to wipe their fanny’s and get a grip of themselves.

Jesus.

I thought we are talking about the mens team, not the women 😮

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

wat