Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Seagrave Training centre/Poor performances

You can have all the facilities in the world, but if your staff aren't up to scratch it means very little.

The saying "All the gear, No idea" springs to mind.

Perhaps our coaching team are too busy playing 9 holes and our players are too busy playing water polo.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

That ‘no excuses’ line was brought out a couple of times on the Moscow 25 training ground tour.

It’s an incredible facility with everything you could need as a footballer. But I’m already hearing rumours that the players aren’t keen and complaining about the pitches and the wind…

Put it this way, the training ground isn’t going anywhere so if something’s going to give, it’ll be the current players.

They need some of these beauty's 

KingMakers Multicolor Striped 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 Pole Beach Holiday Caravan  Camping Windbreak Tall Windbreakers - 4 Pole 4ft High x 7ft Long :  Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

• Haha 2

Whether it's St George's Park or Seagrave, no matter how state of the art the facilities are, the most important ingredient is the coaches. If the coaching team, philosophy and methods are poor, then the chances are so will the team be on the pitch. 

So, do we think the coaches are up to it? Are they being told what to coach the players regardless of their thoughts? Why haven't they addressed the set peice issue, are they being stubborn and still believe it's suddenly going to work after all this time or, haven't they got a clue what to do?

Is it time to get a new team of coaches in?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

KDH has posted up pics of Nacho & Amartey doing recovery sessions today, the facilities look incredible, I can't see anyway it hinders us. If as a player you're hindered by BETTER facilities you need to re-evaluate your career. Similar facilities are available to Liverpool, Spurs and Man City, yet they don't seem to have had an issue with injuries or form like us.

Straws will always be clutched during poor seasons.

• Like 1

I don’t think Seagrave is totally to blame but I do think it has made our players a bit spoilt. When you compare to how they used to ruff it up at the old gaff to what they have now. It’s like being on the dole for years and years to scooping the euro millions jackpot. For me they look like they’ve lost there fight and motivation.

• Like 1