Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

19 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

His not coming here, even if he doesn't go Barc

Because you think he's aiming higher than us or that we would not be interested?

He will already know Schmeichel, Vestergaard and Bertrand well and he'd be joining a team that's top 6 material in the PL.
Could do a lot worse.

7 minutes ago, shen said:

Because you think he's aiming higher than us or that we would not be interested?

He will already know Schmeichel, Vestergaard and Bertrand well and he'd be joining a team that's top 6 material in the PL.
Could do a lot worse.

Yes, Chelsea have offered him a contract. 

If he doesn't resign he will have better options then here. 

It comes down to the clubs ambitions for this season. The last 2 seasons we needed to act to secure top 4... we didnt. I cant see us doing any big deals now when we are miles off of that and in truth thats correct. The last thing we need is another failed squad filler signing. My only hope is that we go for a young up and coming player that will be useful if we need them but have been signed for the future rather than right now. 

What we dont need is a 10m james tomkins or some other gap fill 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, Chelsea have offered him a contract. 

If he doesn't resign he will have better options then here.

He'll need to be convinced Chelsea is the place for him to be. They've yet to prove they see him as more than a rotation player.

Regarding other options, I'm sure there are a few, but I think you're doing us a disservice if you think we aren't an attractive proposition to him.

We let Tomiyasu go to Arsenal, when we should have got him instead of Vestergaard.

Sven Botman and Atilla Szalai have both been linked to Premier League moves, two other players we should have made a move for instead of Vestergaard.

Ideally we have to move for one of those two before it’s too late, but with us signing Vestergaard in the summer, I just don’t see it happening :mellow:

• Sad 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I think signing a young mobile centre half would be perfect.

Soyuncu will be off in the summer as there's no sign of him signing a new deal. Evans is injury prone (and will continue to be) and Fofana is going to have a tricky 6 months. Dan is useful backup.

Vestergaard and Benkovic are just pointless as the manager doesn't rate them.

Chances of us actually doing that are slim to none as I can't see where we'd get the budget from after the summers business.

We really need to offload some before thinking of new faces in. Fofana will take Benkovic's place in the 25-man PL squad at the end of the window and Mendy is already out of it. I am afraid is gonna be a quiet window for us.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

We really need to offload some before thinking of new faces in. Fofana will take Benkovic's place in the 25-man PL squad at the end of the window and Mendy is already out of it. I am afraid is gonna be a quiet window for us.

Fofana would still be under 21 so wouldn't need to be registered I think?

However you're right he'd still count so unless we ship someone out its not happening.

Only way I could see it would be if we were to have a player ruled out for the rest of the season....

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Fofana would still be under 21 so wouldn't need to be registered I think?

However you're right he'd still count so unless we ship someone out its not happening.

Only way I could see it would be if we were to have a player ruled out for the rest of the season....

Correct, Fofana is already listed as part of the Under 21 players

Benkovic is the only player I can probably see us getting rid of for definite to make space

Maybe Jakupovic if we decide to use one of the younger keepers as 3rd choice

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2247219

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Correct, Fofana is already listed as part of the Under 21 players

Benkovic is the only player I can probably see us getting rid of for definite to make space

Maybe Jakupovic if we decide to use one of the younger keepers as 3rd choice

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2247219

Basically would mean both Benkovic and Mendy would have to move?

I could well see us putting mendy back in the squad and using wilf as an emergency centre half.

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

With Barca pretty keen on carrying on their mess, I’d hope we were pretty much be front of the queue for Yusuf Demir 

Yeah I'd love us to take a punt on him, same deal. Loan until the summer and then €10m to sign permanently.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Just looking at possible defenders available for loan this month from the PL and there really isn't many I can think of:

Joe Gomez

Nat Phillips

Phil Jones

Pablo Mari

Malang Sarr

from that list it has to be Sarr or Gomez for me

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Just looking at possible defenders available for loan this month from the PL and there really isn't many I can think of:

Joe Gomez

Nat Phillips

Phil Jones

Pablo Mari

Malang Sarr

Gomez isn't going to be allowed out on loan either. Phillips might be a shout but can we guarantee him football?

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Gomez isn't going to be allowed out on loan either. Phillips might be a shout but can we guarantee him football?

We can guarantee him a fair amount at the very least and possibly be 1st choice for the rest of the season with the way our injuries are likely to be in that department. 

To be honest I don’t know why I do it to myself every year.

That is, get my hopes up that we’re going to improve the squad in January - before we inevitably announce someone like Ryan Bennett (on loan) on transfer deadline day

• Like 2