Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

The Athletic seem to think we will look to get a short term CB loan and then a longer term solution in the Summer

https://theathletic.com/3052299/2022/01/05/sensible-transfers-leicester-analysing-short-and-long-term-solutions-to-centre-back-problem/

Maxence Lacroix does sound ideal for us in the Summer, with some EPL CB loan in Jan

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

The Athletic seem to think we will look to get a short term CB loan and then a longer term solution in the Summer

https://theathletic.com/3052299/2022/01/05/sensible-transfers-leicester-analysing-short-and-long-term-solutions-to-centre-back-problem/

Maxence Lacroix does sound ideal for us in the Summer, with some EPL CB loan in Jan

Who does it say we’ll be eyeing up short term?

5 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Who does it say we’ll be eyeing up short term?

A random collection of (unlikely) known names, it really looks like utter horse sh*t

• Joe Rodon (Tottenham Hotspur)

• Mason Holgate (Everton)

• Calum Chambers (Arsenal)

• Nathaniel Phillips (Liverpool)

The Athletic is getting more predictable and pants tbh, just thought it was worth putting out there as it relates to us (Maybe more fitting for "Do they mean us" but as it was transfer related, so....) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

A random collection of (unlikely) known names, it really looks like utter horse sh*t

• Joe Rodon (Tottenham Hotspur)

• Mason Holgate (Everton)

• Calum Chambers (Arsenal)

• Nathaniel Phillips (Liverpool)

The Athletic is getting more predictable and pants tbh, just thought it was worth putting out there as it relates to us (Maybe more fitting for "Do they mean us" but as it was transfer related, so....) 

Ewww don’t think I’d mind Phillips although I’m not sure if he just looks better in a good team? 

presume it says lacroix is the summer target then? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Ewww don’t think I’d mind Phillips although I’m not sure if he just looks better in a good team? 

They just think it would be a good target, so pretty pointless article, but its silly season I guess

So we hire another one and when or if all fit ,we have Evans ,Soyuncu, Fofana, Vestergard,  Amartey, Benkovic and A N.  Other having to be paid millions a year. Move some on? We have heard that one before. I reckon we get by with what we have.

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Could be one to go for as a loan to buy deal. He did well for Liverpool last season when all their CBs were out injured and was pretty much their senior CB in a pairing that changed most weeks with either Kabak and some kid out of Liverpool's academy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

“What’s his style of play?”

Well, he tends to play to the left.

A bit to the right.

Jumps up and down and does the knees.

....looks like he does a lot more than that!!!

I would just love to see our midfield with that much composure, he looks wasted in defence.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

So we hire another one and when or if all fit ,we have Evans ,Soyuncu, Fofana, Vestergard,  Amartey, Benkovic and A N.  Other having to be paid millions a year. Move some on? We have heard that one before. I reckon we get by with what we have.

Fofana might not be back for months yet and Evans has struggled with fitness since he came back from injury. We need someone in for the rest of the season

9 minutes ago, turlo said:

Fofana might not be back for months yet and Evans has struggled with fitness since he came back from injury. We need someone in for the rest of the season

Don't forget JJ can fill in admirably at CB too

11 minutes ago, turlo said:

As long as its a short term loan , yes , but no four or five year contracts.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Holgate or Rodon would be aggressive and quick enough to do us a job for 6 months. You need to be quick to play in a Rodgers backline, Phillips might be able to as Liverpool are similar.

Holgate seems to have fallen right out of favour at Everton, always thought he was decent and he's aggressive. They think he's shit though.

And rodon was very highly rated but doesn't seem to have done much at Spurs.

If we do business though it'll be a gamble.

25 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

There goes my dream, he’d be ideal next to fofana, would be like having chiellini and bonucci at the back 🥲

He seems quite similar to Fofana from the article, is that ideal? Another Fofana would no doubt be great, but is another Fofana the ideal partner for Fofana?

52 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Can see Nat Phillips coming in on loan. 

He's basically a younger version of Ryan Bennett, seems to stumbled upon a decent reputation after a few games as a last resort for Liverpool but was protected and made to look half decent by the rest of their team. He's technically poor and will be found out as soon as he leaves,

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As long as its a short term loan , yes , but no four or five year contracts.

That's what we'll go for as will want to avoid another Vestegaard panic buy. Come the summer things could be different, especially if Evans continues to struggle with his injury/fitness. Tanner and Blackwell will have got wind from their contacts within the club that we're actively looking for another CB on loan in January but the names they're coming up with will be guess work based on who might be available. 

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He seems quite similar to Fofana from the article, is that ideal? Another Fofana would no doubt be great, but is another Fofana the ideal partner for Fofana?

He’s more of a brick house from what I’ve watched, kinda like evans. think they’d work quite well 

• Like 1