Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Doubt Origi wants to be our 4th option?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Iheanacho move on and Vardy is slowly edging towards retirement. Hirst isn’t pulling up trees at Portsmouth and we don’t really have any out and out strikers coming through at the minute. Other than Daka we don’t have a definite plan for the future outside the next 12 months. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I would Ric. I'd even go as far as saying a centre back on loan is unlikely and would only happen in the last week.

Oh yes, I don't doubt that's the likelihood as teams tend not to get loan deals across the line until the latter part of the window and especially with the uncertainty of covid and this month the 25 man PL squad is suspended until the window closes, however the urgency of an additional CB is right now and it potentially becomes less urgent the longer this month goes on. 

I think we'd be better served looking abroad anyway, easier to attain a player IMO.

9 hours ago, turlo said:

He came in after Rodgers left - Liverpool poached him from Boltons youth set up. Could be one to go for on a loan to buy but Liverpool will push for a mandatory purchase rather than option to buy. 

Pair the Bolton Baresi with the Marseille Maldini 

43 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Has he done anything this season? That’s a genuine question. 

I thought he looked their best player when we played them earlier in the season. I know that’s not saying a lot but he’s only 23 and looks like a Rodgers type of signing. Young who can develop his game with us. 

Phillips would be OK but the problem is Liverpool, they'll bleed you for every penny they can, we paid £12mil for a backup keeper last time we bought from there.

Think Eriksen will end up at Brentford. Strong Danish contingent already and they don't really have anyone quite like him, and also London. He'll be seen as a gamble for many.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Think Eriksen will end up at Brentford. Strong Danish contingent already and they don't really have anyone quite like him, and also London. He'll be seen as a gamble for many.

Although their shirt sponsor implies otherwise, I don’t think Actuary FC like too much of a gamble. :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, casablancas said:

Has he done anything this season? That’s a genuine question. 

It seems from the outside that his contract situation has limited his game time. 

Having said that, I don't think another naturally left sided player is the answer.

Year after year after year we always see teams improving their squads in and around us in January while we wait and do nothing.

I think its mad that no money gets saved to do business in January if we had been sensible in the last few summers it might not of cost us 2 top 4 places.

It's like we just can't compete with the other teams in the prem anymore.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Year after year after year we always see teams improving their squads in and around us in January while we wait and do nothing.

I think its mad that no money gets saved to do business in January if we had been sensible in the last few summers it might not of cost us 2 top 4 places.

We spent a net £55 million in the summer, a club record I think. The money is not there and won't be until Tielemans goes.

31 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

It does feel like we're falling behind a few clubs now, especially after signings like Vestergaard and Bertrand. You have to keep on top of things and not let your standards drop which they did with those two.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

some pretty clear reasons why the club/some clubs dont want to do alot of business this window, price and availability

the club dont want to get bent over trying to buy someone this window and clubs want top top dollar this window too, in not wanting to lose star players/assets either 

and as for sensible, the club have been, no one could foresee us losing out on the top 4 the last couple of season nor or injuries this, and i doubt more players would have helped either tbf

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

...as many have previously stated, dealing in the January window is difficult due to soaring cost of players who are needed at their respective clubs (so you end up paying through the nose) and our lack of finance, unless we choose to sell first to sustain our aim of self-sufficiency!!!

We, like all clubs, would like the opportunity to delve into our accounts when we wish and in the last two campaigns, we would not have seen January acquisitions as a necessity. 

The fact that we failed to get the fourth spot twice on the last day, when we had clearly had an advantage with points on the board, was not down to a lack of a January buy, but poor game and player management from the manager.

The situation might be a bit different this time round, we have a crisis in our backline in regards to availability, I have little or no confidence that players will be available or up to speed for the run in, and that might force our hand in procuring a player, not necessarily via a loan agreement. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

some pretty clear reasons why the club/some clubs dont want to do alot of business this window, price and availability

the club dont want to get bent over trying to buy someone this window and clubs want top top dollar this window too, in not wanting to lose star players/assets either 

and as for sensible, the club have been, no one could foresee us losing out on the top 4 the last couple of season nor or injuries this, and i doubt more players would have helped either tbf

As for no one..... everyone could see that we would struggle to the back end of the final 2 seasons if new additions wasn't added.

Look back on the history of this forum and it will state just that.

January is a tough window but other teams are able to make good signings to keep them afloat to see the season out 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

As for no one..... everyone could see that we would struggle to the back end of the final 2 seasons if new additions wasn't added.

Look back on the history of this forum and it will state just that.

January is a tough window but other teams are able to make good signings to keep them afloat to see the season out 

true but that was more form and results, getting in XYZ players probably wouldnt have changed a thing tbf, as frankly we was honking after the new year for the most part(in the league anyways)

keep them afloat, yes that is true to some point, but that doesnt always work out

yeah you can get some decent signings in Jan, but more often than not its panic buying

and other teams so you mean ones in trouble then.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With 13 available outfield players, I genuinely expected this window to be the busiest in a long time. Staggered that we hadn’t set up one or two to hit the ground running with when the window opened. Even more so now we’re into it with a runaway snowball of matches approaching. It smells of a lack of ambition.

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

With 13 available outfield players, I genuinely expected this window to be the busiest in a long time. Staggered that we hadn’t set up one or two to hit the ground running with when the window opened. Even more so now we’re into it with a runaway snowball of matches approaching. It smells of a lack of ambition.

Our 25 man squad is full. We would have to remove players before we can add anyone. 

Benkovic is one which will likely make way, but for anyone else to be brought in someone else would have to be removed from the squad

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Our 25 man squad is full. We would have to remove players before we can add anyone. 

Benkovic is one which will likely make way, but for anyone else to be brought in someone else would have to be removed from the squad

We also spent loads in the summer and paly our players well.

There's no huge budget and equally of the quality we require they're not likely to be available on loan.