Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...due diligence should not just kick-in, in the summer window!!!

That should already have taken place the season or seasons before. Consideration was already in place regarding Vestergaard and Bertrand prior to them coming here, it is just that they have under performed as at this point. 

Vestergaard is a capable defender if used in a certain way, he seems to relish the Wes Morgan style of defending, blocking shots and putting your body on the line. Bertrand has suffered from  covid and its effect maybe the reason for his drop off in application and lethargy.

Until there is a full report on the effects of long covid in respect of the effect on the brain and player well being, we are not wise to demonise a player as we cannot fully understand what he is going through. 

Are you their agent? 🤣 

I’ve yet to see Vestergaard do any defending that remotely resembles Morgan’s levels of determination, desire and controlled aggression. For a chap with his physique he’s been physically tormented by the likes of Vidra.

As for Bertrand let’s not offer Covid as an excuse for his apparent casual approach to defending and to the team’s cause in general.

They both look like they are done at this level.

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Phillips would be OK but the problem is Liverpool, they'll bleed you for every penny they can, we paid £12mil for a backup keeper last time we bought from there.

Think Eriksen will end up at Brentford. Strong Danish contingent already and they don't really have anyone quite like him, and also London. He'll be seen as a gamble for many.

Eriksen would be too expensive for Brentford. Also, as a very hard pressing side, maybe getting someone in like Eriksen is maybe risky?

Also, I doubt he's going to be match fit before March at best. Can see him playing maybe in the Danish Superliga or the Eredivise until the summer and then maybe move back to England.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

King power are simply going to have to dip into their own funds to generate some emergency cash I think….. unless they do

Klarna for footballers now?

It's not that simple.

In theory, yeah, we could ask KP for some money up front but FFP wise there's only around 75m worth of signings we can make without selling anyone. And that number is for this calendar year, so including next summer.

Edited by LFox99

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

It's not that simple.

In theory, yeah, we could ask KP for some money up front but FFP wise there's only around 75m worth of signings we can make without selling anyone. And that number is for this calendar year, so including next summer.

Maybe so, but we’re at the point of compromising the integrity of the league (not us the willy pullers that run it) and we might genuinely not be able to compete due to players….. so it depends what the powers that’s be want, to ultimately end up fining is because we can no longer play games, or fine us for spending too much money.

Some allowances are going to have to be made for now, it’s at breaking point.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

King power are simply going to have to dip into their own funds to generate some emergency cash I think….. unless they do

Are you seeing what's happening to Thailand's tourism industry at the moment.

I'm sure King Power have other ways of making money but they are heavily invested in Thai tourism and it's taking a serious beating at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Are you seeing what's happening to Thailand's tourism industry at the moment.

I'm sure King Power have other ways of making money but they are heavily invested in Thai tourism and it's taking a serious beating at the moment.

Ah shit, yea! I forgot that the world was more ****ed than Pamela Anderson post Tommy Lee. Well, we may as well throw the white towel in and go on holiday. 

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Arsenal have been getting players on Klarna for years now.