Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

47 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I think the  next 6 months will be crucial for the club, we will either carry on with our upward trajectory or

turn into a mid to lower table team. I just hope we show the courage to keep making progress on the pitch.

I fear we may have had our day in the sun like other teams e.g Southampton and Stoke. unless you can spend huge amounts like the rest then eventually your luck runs out as other teams will know who you are and see you as real compitition 

Edited by chapero82
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LFox99 said:

It's not that simple.

In theory, yeah, we could ask KP for some money up front but FFP wise there's only around 75m worth of signings we can make without selling anyone. And that number is for this calendar year, so including next summer.

Is FFP even still a thing? The wages at clubs like Villa and West Ham makes me think are they just turning a blind eye? I know both clubs will make more money on ticket sales but their wage bills plus the money they've both spent on signings is ridiculous! And lets not even get started on how the likes of Chelsea throw money around like they are playing monopoly. I don't see our issue being FFP, the more likely issue is KP may not have that much spare cash with the issues with the Tourism industry at the moment. I think its more likely we get some loans in rather than any permanent deals being made. 

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Maybe so, but we’re at the point of compromising the integrity of the league (not us the willy pullers that run it) and we might genuinely not be able to compete due to players….. so it depends what the powers that’s be want, to ultimately end up fining is because we can no longer play games, or fine us for spending too much money.

Some allowances are going to have to be made for now, it’s at breaking point.

I think this is a really good point.

I wonder if the Premier League or FA might do away with, or relax, FFP for the rest of the year like they have done previously?

Invariably clubs are going to need bigger squads to deal with the mounting injuries from playing too many games in a short period, and then covid on top.

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Is FFP even still a thing? The wages at clubs like Villa and West Ham makes me think are they just turning a blind eye? I know both clubs will make more money on ticket sales but their wage bills plus the money they've both spent on signings is ridiculous! And lets not even get started on how the likes of Chelsea throw money around like they are playing monopoly. I don't see our issue being FFP, the more likely issue is KP may not have that much spare cash with the issues with the Tourism industry at the moment. I think its more likely we get some loans in rather than any permanent deals being made. 

Had the impression that in the case of Villa, they are still on the ‘catch up’ point, where they can spend more (just on wages, etc)  after being promoted. Could be well wide of the mark though. :dunno: 

What we are also experiencing in the transfer market is a result of covid obviously but also 2 failed attempts of top 4. We should have made the top 4 twice and if we had not only would our rep had improved again but the finances. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeah I don't think FFP is even the issue anymore. We're putting money towards infrastructure whereas other clubs are putting that towards signings. That said, we are paying the manager a fortune.

7 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

I think the  next 6 months will be crucial for the club, we will either carry on with our upward trajectory or

turn into a mid to lower table team. I just hope we show the courage to keep making progress on the pitch.

It’s the hardest league in the world and if u look at the table now we are probably  where we should be. We had our chance the last 2 seasons to progress and fell at the last hurdle and with the investment other teams are putting in now we simply can’t compete without more investment and breaking our wage structure.

I hope we have a go at the Europa Conference League because it might be awhile before we get in Europe again. 

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Eh? 

What a completely ludicrous comment…. Pretty much our entire squad is out injured….. that’s a bit different to regressing to the point of going backwards….

Some people are just so pessimistic they even make the darkness shudder….

We’ve not had our “day in the sun” we’ve hit an injury crises as many other clubs have because of covid and the PL being a bunch of greedy ****ers. 

I’m not talking just about now, we were struggling well before the injury crisis and now Newcastle has money plus West Ham doing far better than us currently I fear our future targets maybe snapped up elsewhere as we can’t afford their budgets 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

As per usual in January, we are desperate for 1 signing in an area we are vulnerable and there's a complete lack of agreement and direction on targets. 

I’m assuming the lack of direction is a comment re: this place? Not the boardroom? All we need now is a breakdown in communication in the upward echelons. 

9 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I’m not talking just about now, we were struggling well before the injury crisis and now Newcastle has money plus West Ham doing far better than us currently I fear our future targets maybe snapped up elsewhere as we can’t afford their budgets 

Really? We nearly finished 4th and won the FA cup….. don’t really see that as struggling? 

Edited by Pliskin

10 hours ago, chapero82 said:

I fear we may have had our day in the sun like other teams e.g Southampton and Stoke. unless you can spend huge amounts like the rest then eventually your luck runs out as other teams will know who you are and see you as real compitition 

In terms of ‘our day in the sun’ being the league winners or knocking on the door of the Champ League then yes for a while but in challenging on cup fronts, top 6 and Europe are only just beginning. I believe we will settle now and find our place around 6-8th for the next 5 or so seasons until we can push on again. For as long as I have supported Leicester those are still very long days in the sun!

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Really? We nearly finished 4th and won the FA cup….. don’t really see that as struggling? 

In fairness, aside from the cup run, we struggled in the league from January-Feb ish onwards last year and we haven’t recovered to show any sort of consistency for more or less a year now. 

• Thanks 1