Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

9 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

In fairness, aside from the cup run, we struggled in the league from January-Feb ish onwards last year and we haven’t recovered to show any sort of consistency for more or less a year now. 

But isn’t that a sign of a good team? One that can bring success even when they are not at their best? 

26 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But isn’t that a sign of a good team? One that can bring success even when they are not at their best? 

Wigan won the FA cup and got relegated did that mean they were a good team? Twice we should have made top 4 and we failed miserably by poor performances but this season  we have carried on with them

Guest Kopfkino

What happened in the last two days where Brendan has gone from saying we need to get at least a CB in asap, probably on loan to there sounding like there’s no chance of anything this month and we’ll have to wait until the summer.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

What happened in the last two days where Brendan has gone from saying we need to get at least a CB in asap, probably on loan to there sounding like there’s no chance of anything this month and we’ll have to wait until the summer.

I didn't get this. Presumably hes been told they spent 15m on a centre half for him and he's not ****ing using him.

Guest Kopfkino
8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I didn't get this. Presumably hes been told they spent 15m on a centre half for him and he's not ****ing using him.

‘I like some pace at the back’ couldn’t have been anymore pointed imo.

Surely he approves every signing? The Vestergaard one is bizarre

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

‘I like some pace at the back’ couldn’t have been anymore pointed imo.

Surely he approves every signing? The Vestergaard one is bizarre

His mate Congerton is in charge of scouting and he's got massive control at the club. It's properly weird. 

Ok probably in a minority but if we can get a defender in on loan then great, other than that I think we should save our money and play our youngsters more, we are good enough to stay up so let's see what happens. 

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Barcelona need to remove more players from their squad to register new signings so wouldn’t surprise me if we got either Lenglet or Umtiti. 

Umtiti has spent more time injured than the rest of our centre halves put together, he’d fit right in here!

• Haha 1

On 08/01/2022 at 13:01, Blanchflower78 said:

Given the desperate situation I'm amazed we haven't a solid loan link yet at CB. Absolutely no sense in hanging around till final knockings of the window, we need bodies now! 

It's the way the system works, Players won't commit if they think they can get a better offer elsewhere.

Likewise, Loan players don't want to commit in the hope that they'll get a 3 or 4 year contract somewhere.

As the clock winds down they begin to think it's not going to happen and so will make decisions for their future.

9 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Barcelona need to remove more players from their squad to register new signings so wouldn’t surprise me if we got either Lenglet or Umtiti. 

Umtiti has Newcastle written all over it. Overpaid, inury prone, desperate, panic buy of a signing.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson