Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

Given the very encouraging performances of some of our younger players against PL opposition recently , I would see no reason to add anybody else to our massive wage bill. The exception might be a short term loan of a CB , however the Bennett experience doesn't set a good example.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2022 at 01:37, chapero82 said:

I fear we may have had our day in the sun like other teams e.g Southampton and Stoke. unless you can spend huge amounts like the rest then eventually your luck runs out as other teams will know who you are and see you as real compitition 

...does that mean refusing to sell to us or that they will show us respect and come with a game plan!!!

I would like to think teams already know who we are and we will be striving to stay one step ahead at all times.

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...does that mean refusing to sell to us or that they will show us respect and come with a game plan!!!

I would like to think teams already know who we are and we will be striving to stay one step ahead at all times.

Yeah refusing to sell to us or give us any loans etc plus other teams will charge us more for players which means no more cheap deals unfortunately as Newcastle will inflate prices

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's been pony at Spurs? We don't need a right footed left winger, we need a left footed right winger. 

...from the YouTube reels a season or so back he looked the real deal, and he was a player I wanted us to sign!!!

With all the available talent around him it is difficult to understand why he has failed to make the grade.

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's been pony at Spurs? We don't need a right footed left winger, we need a left footed right winger. 

He’s not been the best, but he’s a good player and a new environment might bring the best out of him. I agree he isn’t the left footed right winger we need but he can play on both flanks and we’re short and he’s been made available in January at a fair price. He’s the type of profile we would sign that if he gets playing well again the upside is huge. 

10 minutes ago, frany104 said:

He’s not been the best, but he’s a good player and a new environment might bring the best out of him. I agree he isn’t the left footed right winger we need but he can play on both flanks and we’re short and he’s been made available in January at a fair price. He’s the type of profile we would sign that if he gets playing well again the upside is huge. 

Don't need him, Lookman has already scored and assisted nearly as many as him in half a season.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, frany104 said:

I think he turned down a move to us before the Tottenham transfer.

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I’d try and get Cole Palmer on loan from Man City. 

I believe Pep has said he will be given more opportunities there with Ferran Torres leaving, rather than signing a replacement. So don’t think he’ll be allowed to go anywhere 

12 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

I believe Pep has said he will be given more opportunities there with Ferran Torres leaving, rather than signing a replacement. So don’t think he’ll be allowed to go anywhere 

We’ll have Foden then 😉

in all seriousness they have Foden, Grealish, Jesus, Sterling, mahrez (when back from AFCON) de Bruyne, silva and gundogen playing for 5 spots already. I would have thought they’d rather him go out and play some games 

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

...looks much better centrally, he plays more like a #10 than a Winger!!!

His production is actually better when he plays RW than LW, and he probably is an upgrade on Lookman.  Still kind of a tweener rather than a true lights-out starting RW though.

Edited by Deeg67

On 08/01/2022 at 20:58, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Vesty and Bertrand could be the reason Congerton left Leicester

In fairness, he could also be the reason Daka signed. We don't really know what goes on behind the scenes. 

And most of us, myself included, thought Bertrand was a fairly sensible free back up. Don't think anyone thought he'd be THIS bad or play any more than Fuchs had before him. 

Signing Vestergaard while Tomiyasu went for the same cash still gives me a migraine though. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Signing Vestergaard while Tomiyasu went for the same cash still gives me a migraine though. 

Agree with the first part but Tomiyasu really isn't a centre half. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

In his last 50 games for Bologna he played 24 games at RB and 22 games at CB and 3 times at LB

Which backups the point I was making. Hes not really anything. Probably a right back.