Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

37 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness, he could also be the reason Daka signed. We don't really know what goes on behind the scenes. 

And most of us, myself included, thought Bertrand was a fairly sensible free back up. Don't think anyone thought he'd be THIS bad or play any more than Fuchs had before him. 

Signing Vestergaard while Tomiyasu went for the same cash still gives me a migraine though. 

To be fair he went to Arsenal, they still have a lot strong pull in the transfer market than us. If it was a straight up choice between the two clubs saying that both had bid accepted and both offered the same contract the majority of players would pick Arsenal over us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

To be fair he went to Arsenal, they still have a lot strong pull in the transfer market than us. If it was a straight up choice between the two clubs saying that both had bid accepted and both offered the same contract the majority of players would pick Arsenal over us. 

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I'm not naive. But he is an example of the quality you can find in that bracket with an iota of imagination. 

Vestergaard was a signing akin to Ayoze Perez. A sort of shrug of the shoulders, run out of options, "at least they've got 'Premier League Experience™'" signing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I'm not naive. But he is an example of the quality you can find in that bracket with an iota of imagination. 

Vestergaard was a signing akin to Ayoze Perez. A sort of shrug of the shoulders, run out of options, "at least they've got 'Premier League Experience™'" signing. 

...I  suppose on such short notice, we had to commit to a deal!!!

With Soyuncu and Evans and Amartey, I  would suspect we would be rotating in the backline and the experience pro (due to Evans) recent history was going to be the major factor in his acquisition. 

We all know now ( I hope you are watching, Rodgers) that it is not wise to play him in a highline. When defending on the edge of our own box, he is more effective. We can't afford to leave too much space behind him, we will always need that added pace to cover him.

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

We were interested in him and a thread of him in this forum was running for weeks and we went for Vestergaard. Arsenal had shown no interest in him and only till the last days of the transfer deadline when Leicester and Spurs didn't want him, Tomiyasu's agent was offering him to other EPL teams and Arsenal still looked abit ropey at the back even through they had just bought Ben White signed him up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We were interested in him and a thread of him in this forum was running for weeks and we went for Vestergaard. Arsenal had shown no interest in him and only till the last days of the transfer deadline when Leicester and Spurs didn't want him, Tomiyasu's agent was offering him to other EPL teams and Arsenal still looked abit ropey at the back even through they had just bought Ben White signed him up.

Not stricly true to be honest, there is / was a thread on Arsenal Mania about him from this time last year. 

He was touted about yes, but Arsenal needed a right back and he fit the bill. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

sometimes you have to play it safe in the transfer markets and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be really work out for us but you cannot gamble on a transfer every time and win. 

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Marcos Senesi, loan with an obligation to buy in the summer. Feyenoord want to cash in to prevent him leaving for free next summer.

I think this is the only move we'll make. I young CB on loan with an option to buy. Don't know a lot about him but if you've scouted him that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Marcos Senesi, loan with an obligation to buy in the summer. Feyenoord want to cash in to prevent him leaving for free next summer.

59 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I think this is the only move we'll make. I young CB on loan with an option to buy. Don't know a lot about him but if you've scouted him that's good enough for me.

Sorry Ric, I'm gonna need a little more convincing lol 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Another short arse, well a giant compared to me but I want CBs who are at least 6'3".

Edited by hackneyfox

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

...looks a really good player, very similar to Fofana who likes to come forward, but Senesi is even more so!!!

If Fofana cannot come back to his previous self prior to his injury, he may just have to adjust his game where he becomes more like Evans and is the steady influence in the backline.

Senesi looks like he is comfortable anywhere on the pitch, whether defending, transitioning the play or being a threat in the oppositions box. Hard to think we could have the same type of players in the backline, something will have to give. I do suspect if we went to a back three, We could have Soyuncu central with Senesi and Fofana flanking him.

Would still like to see Botman come in though.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I don’t know if he’s been mentioned in here already but I’d take Brennan Johnson from Forest, would be a good fit for us.

He will be playing in the PL next season one way or the other.

....he looks like he could do a job for us, very tidy player, can't wait to go forward and balls into the box are kept mostly on the floor!!!

Coming here would be good for him, with Rodgers ability to relate to younger players it would be a great opportunity for him to excel here.

You have got to say the last Forest player that came here did not do too bad!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I thought the RB Djed Spence was Forest's best player yesterday, he's on loan from Middlesborough and I thought he looked very impressive

...I did not see the game, went to look at YouTube and he is a good player!!!

Loves to dribble, but not good at laying the ball off and that is about as bad as his short comings. With Ricardo struggling for any run in the team and his attempt to gain back some kind of form ( I am aware he is injured at the moment), he would be a good option to have in rotation with Castagne.

• Like 2

It's crazy isn't it, never heard of the 2 Forest players before ....Spence and Johnson and now after the game was televised everyone is raving about the duo. Read now that Brentford' want Johnson and Arsenal are interested in Spence. Could it be that they played good because they were playing Arsenal and the match was shown around the world?

24 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

It's crazy isn't it, never heard of the 2 Forest players before ....Spence and Johnson and now after the game was televised everyone is raving about the duo. Read now that Brentford' want Johnson and Arsenal are interested in Spence. Could it be that they played good because they were playing Arsenal and the match was shown around the world?

Funnily enough both players have been linked to us last summer.

• Like 1

Well here we go again 10 days in the window and nothing happening does this seem very much how we go about transfer business. Beginning to think we won’t do any business at all. If this is the case I really think we can say YOURI and Maddison will move at the end of the season and maybe CAGS, so we will have gone from wanting to be a permanent top 6 side to maybe next year fighting to stay in the top league .

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Well here we go again 10 days in the window and nothing happening does this seem very much how we go about transfer business. Beginning to think we won’t do any business at all. If this is the case I really think we can say YOURI and Maddison will move at the end of the season and maybe CAGS, so we will have gone from wanting to be a permanent top 6 side to maybe next year fighting to stay in the top league .

I think Youri will leave no matter what, Cags wouldn’t be a big loss. I don’t think madders will leave just yet, needs to prove to one of the big 6 that he can stay fit and firing for a significant amount of time, before they spend £60m-70m on him. 

I think there will be quite a big reshuffle in the summer but hopefully Youri will be the only key player to leave. 

16 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

It's hardly surprising, though, is it? We don't tend to spend any money in January. It's a seller's market.

I think it's been clear for a long time that Youri's off no matter what, anyway. Doubt Maddison will be sold. Cags probably will be off if he doesn't renew his contract.

I think we'll try to get a CB on loan, but that will be it. If it happens, it'll probably be at the end of the window.

23 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

....a bit of a stretch, I can understand your disappointment in the lack of activity in the transfer market but we knew what the January window was going to bring!!!

We have a very good squad of players and if we get our act together top 6 is not a daunting prospect as you might think. I am not the least bit worried about this window, it is what we were expecting and anyone coming in would be a bonus.