Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Attila Szalai? We were heavily linked in the summer and during the euros. 

They want 25m for him.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Eric Bailly?

.....looks like he comes from the same school of defending as Wes Morgan!!!

Sure De Geas goals against column has a lot to do with him. Can be overly physical in challenges on the ground, love the way he puts his body on the line. Has a habit of being on the ball too long when in possession, he needs to move it on much quicker, his long range switch ball has far too much height and needs to be punched through as the recipient is closed down when attempting to bring the ball under control.

At 27 years old, he is hitting his prime, it would be good to get him in, there is a lot of quality out there at reasonable prices and I am pretty much convinced Tarkowski will be coming here in the summer, so there will not be much movement in this January window on a permanent move.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....looks like he comes from the same school of defending as Wes Morgan!!!

Sure De Geas goals against column has a lot to do with him. Can be overly physical in challenges on the ground, love the way he puts his body on the line. Has a habit of being on the ball too long when in possession, he needs to move it on much quicker, his long range switch ball has far too much height and needs to be punched through as the recipient is closed down when attempting to bring the ball under control.

At 27 years old, he is hitting his prime, it would be good to get him in, there is a lot of quality out there at reasonable prices and I am pretty much convinced Tarkowski will be coming here in the summer, so there will not be much movement in this January window on a permanent move.

Would not be convinced that tarkowski is coming here in the summer. Am told its very unlikely.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some very interesting defenders out of contract in the summer.

Tarkowski

Ginter

Denayer

Luis Felipe

Brooks

Zagadou

Vida

Denayer feels a quite Leicester signing. Probably simply because he's Beigian.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Denayer feels a quite Leicester signing. Probably simply because he's Beigian.

And left footed which we are crying out for. He's approaching his prime. 

The issue with signing players now as opposed to the summer is negotiating that larger signing on fee or wages they get for coming on a free. Wouldn't be easy but possible. There's also nothing stopping a loan agreement and the player still being free to negotiate a permanent move either to us or elsewhere and Lyon still pick up a fee for the loan rather than getting nothing.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And left footed which we are crying out for. He's approaching his prime. 

The issue with signing players now as opposed to the summer is negotiating that larger signing on fee or wages they get for coming on a free. Wouldn't be easy but possible. There's also nothing stopping a loan agreement and the player still being free to negotiate a permanent move either to us or elsewhere and Lyon still pick up a fee for the loan rather than getting nothing.

He's right footed sadly. I want this left sided centre half as well. I don't like us in a back three but I do think we lack a couple of key components that makes it look worse than it is - namely a left sided centre half (Soyuncu is shambolic in a 3) and a proper attacking wing back on the left.

image.png.5c77d4f06efa15f79c1723f8a5ebe6ed.png

Just noticed actually it says he plays on the left, despite being right footed, so like Soyuncu. Still think I'd sooner a left footer tbh.

50 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Denayer would be good, seems abit of a leader too.

Hope we keep well away from Tarkowski, he's been honking for two seasons now.

I think Tarkowski has known for the last 18 months that he’s leaving and his performances have been affected by that.  I said exactly the same thing about Evans when we were linked with him at West Brom, he’d been poor for over a year and had the Spanish taxi incident, I said at the time steer clear because he’s after one last pay day but he’s been phenomenal for us.  I think Tarkowski could be the same for us for the next 2 years. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's right footed sadly. I want this left sided centre half as well. I don't like us in a back three but I do think we lack a couple of key components that makes it look worse than it is - namely a left sided centre half (Soyuncu is shambolic in a 3) and a proper attacking wing back on the left.

image.png.5c77d4f06efa15f79c1723f8a5ebe6ed.png

Just noticed actually it says he plays on the left, despite being right footed, so like Soyuncu. Still think I'd sooner a left footer tbh.

That must be where I had this assumption he was left footed, he plays left in a 3 for Lyon and Belgium. I'd rather an out and out left footer but he'd be a great signing.