Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

On 13/01/2022 at 20:54, Ric Flair said:

Lenglet from Barca, been linked before....

Was absolute quality afew years ago, but under Koeman at Barcelona he lost his way. If we can get him on a Coutinho style loan where they fork out the majority of this wages, then he may get back to his old self because of the change in environment, he'll be a beast at the back

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Now that Neres has sickeningly gone to Shaktar for just €12m, then I wonder if Tete would be available from them. Otherwise they have 3 Brazilian left footed right wingers all 24 or younger.

We've been linked to him before as well. One for the summer. 

.....unbelievable, just unbelievable, how on earth have we allowed this to happen!!!

At that price it is either he has problems with long term injury problems, and cannot be down to what he could bring. It will be very interesting who we bring in for this position, you get the impression either we have no interest in fulfilling the post or a belief that the more we pay the likelihood we will get the finished article.

Players like Neres and Stengs have stayed at clubs too long and have plateaued, the only way to get them back up to speed was to move and look to push themselves. It looks like Neres has chosen the easy option, and the money available would no doubt match or exceed what we could offer.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...like Sporting, let us just keep avoiding Southampton for a while longer!!!

The lad's been quality for a few years now. I'm amazed, even for the dead ball skills that no-one's picked him up before, fits what used to be our profile of player under Pearson/Walsh - young, hungry, good attitude.

I'll be honest, the fact Ward-Prowse is STILL at Saints and not a european position chasing club blows my mind. Massively massively underrated and often goes under the radar even though week in week out he plays his role perfectly for a bang average team. Would love to see him in blue. 

5 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You’re comparing 2 players who play in different positions so I’m not sure what the point of this is 

Plus no assists/key passes etc. Maddison comes out better in terms of output based on minutes spent on the pitch though

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope we're in for him, it makes a lot of sense if we are. 

Too big a risk, I'd rather stick to the signings which have got us success over the years. If the strategy has changed to experienced international players coming to the end of their careers (Vestergaard, Bertrand, Eriksen) it will only see us further decline.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You’re comparing 2 players who play in different positions so I’m not sure what the point of this is 

They play similar positions, Maddisons role is really flexible and he often has to drop back into the position JWP plays. The fact JWP plays much further back yet his attacking stats blow Madders out of the water is quite embarrassing imo. 

Just for some interest, Heres a comparison of their stats which don't make a huge amount of difference in terms of position. Remember, Ward-Prowse plays further back. There is no reason why his stats such as Chances created, conversion rate, shot accuracy, pass accuracy or Forward passes should make a difference. 
Maddison plays further forward yet his attacking stats are far behind JWP. 

Maddison has some of the most potent attackers in the league ahead of him, yet he creates far less chances. With Vardy infront of him... 

Edit: I appreciate theres nuance here, different positions means things like pass accuracy may be slightly harder as you're trying to pass into positions that often have players defending. But it's a light hearted comparison that really should not see such a large gap in key stats. 
image.thumb.png.165c7db7013f3437cc8bf6c54c997a6e.png

Edited by cityfanlee23

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Plus no assists/key passes etc. Maddison comes out better in terms of output based on minutes spent on the pitch though

I hear you, I didnt see key passes as a stat but I missed assists, here are the important stats for each position based on per 90 rather than total. 
I added assists, although it's much easier to Assist Vardy when you play right behind him vs JWP who typically plays further back, so there's some nuance from both sides obviously. 
image.thumb.png.d61c2cfbe87da620406f499ade0b1e47.png

35 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Too big a risk, I'd rather stick to the signings which have got us success over the years. If the strategy has changed to experienced international players coming to the end of their careers (Vestergaard, Bertrand, Eriksen) it will only see us further decline.

There's a huge difference signing Christian Eriksen than Vestergaard or Bertrand. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a huge difference signing Christian Eriksen than Vestergaard or Bertrand. 

He's not played for a while now and even before the incident he wasn't a regular at club level for the past few years, to be honest I'd be concerned watching him as well after what happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's not played for a while now and even before the incident he wasn't a regular at club level for the past few years, to be honest I'd be concerned watching him as well after what happened.

It probably does represent a bit of a risk but his 2nd half of last season he actually played very well for Inter. Scored some crucial goals.

All depends on the offer, he might be willing to sign an 18 month deal on a reasonable basic and then hefty appearance bonus. He'd give us a great option.

• Like 2