Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

Would we take Liam Moore back? He’s just been relieved of the Reading club captaincy after expressing his wish to play else. We know him, he knows us & we need a young solid centre half! Could do a lot worse…

1 hour ago, Iran said:

Ludovic Blas.

Although I'm seeing that he's being linked with Newcastle and Watford.

Of all the players that I've championed in recent years, if this one ends up at some dog shit club like Newcastle or Watford then I'll take bodies. 

It'll be a fee of less than £15m as well, as a lot of my players I find are. Sadly our club no longer look in the £5-15m price region, presents too much of a risk they aren't good enough which is the exact profile of player that helped build what we've got now.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Of all the players that I've championed in recent years, if this one ends up at some dog shit club like Newcastle or Watford then I'll take bodies. 

It'll be a fee of less than £15m as well, as a lot of my players I find are. Sadly our club no longer look in the £5-15m price region, presents too much of a risk they aren't good enough which is the exact profile of player that helped build what we've got now.

Or you can pay 70 odd million for a Sancho and wish you hadn't. To be honest with players returning from AFCON and injury , we really don't need anybody. He might loan a CB while Fofana recovers. The replacement of Youri is the major business coming up.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Or you can pay 70 odd million for a Sancho and wish you hadn't. To be honest with players returning from AFCON and injury , we really don't need anybody. He might loan a CB while Fofana recovers. The replacement of Youri is the major business coming up.

Blas is the left footed right winger/ACM this squad needs. We'll need one of those in the summer and as you say, the Tielemans replacement will be the most crucial so getting a bargain in another priority position maximises what we'll have to get the right central midfielder.

Blas would be gold here

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rob S said:

Would we take Liam Moore back? He’s just been relieved of the Reading club captaincy after expressing his wish to play else. We know him, he knows us & we need a young solid centre half! Could do a lot worse…

...not after reading that review!!!

For someone who has become the club captain of a leading club in the Championship, you would have hoped he would have progressed football wise. Having read the article, it seems that he has not improved and totally going the other way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob S said:

Not sure Liam Moore still classes as young, he's aged a few years since he was last here you know!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

He has been awful for Reading speaking to a friend of mine who supports them 🤣

Yeah he hasn’t been very good recently, after this news I would assume that’s because he is unsettled. But he was made captain for a reason.

• Like 1

I would just like to see an article saying that we are actually in discussions with a cb or a youri replacement. We can all want these players, but need to see some action on the clubs part.

Unless they're now keeping their cards so close to their chest, nobody's getting a sniff of what they're up to.

Edited by CyprusFox
  • Like 1

Just now, CyprusFox said:

I would just like to see an article saying that we are actually in discussions with a cb or a youri replacement. We can all want these players, but need to see some action on the clubs part.

We often don't hear about signings until they're more or less done. No news doesn't mean we're not working on signings. Any signings will likely be done near deadline day, anyway.

I think it'll probably just be a CB, most likely on loan, on deadline day, if anything at all.

34 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

We often don't hear about signings until they're more or less done. No news doesn't mean we're not working on signings. Any signings will likely be done near deadline day, anyway.

I think it'll probably just be a CB, most likely on loan, on deadline day, if anything at all.

You're probably right. Meanwhile we plod on with a makeshift defence until deadline day, giving away fcuk knows how many goals/points in the process.

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, majaco said:

This windowe have to wait until Newcastle have signed 14 players for 25million or more before we sign anyone to avoid them outbidding us or pushing the price up.

Think that's ok, as they will only be able to attract League One players to play in the Championship next year

8 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Think that's ok, as they will only be able to attract League One players to play in the Championship next year

...I  still think that they will stay up!!!

Maybe hated for the regime that is now in charge of them, but very much a club who needed a break, after all those years under Ashley.

13 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Why do we need Erikson?

he plays further forward that Youri…

can only think he is Maddison replacement 

Eriksen can play in a number of different positions. He can sit deeper or play slightly higher. I’d imagine it would be part of the rotation, he won’t get many offers I’d imagine because of what happened, but if the club medical experts deem him fit enough to play, then I guess he is. 

He would be a useful signing, because experience is something that has cost us dearly over the last few seasons. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1