Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

29 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Why do we need Erikson?

he plays further forward that Youri…

can only think he is Maddison replacement 

Eriksen had started to play a bit more of a deep lying role, very much like Tielemans has done.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d honestly be scared shitless if Eriksen came on the pitch….. surely he can’t play again? 

If he gets medical clearance it's really his choice.  American fans will remember the Hank Gathers situation, and yes, it would be scary the first few times Eriksen steps onto the pitch even if he's cleared.  But if he trusts the docs to tell him he can play, I think you have to respect that when the time comes.  If he gets a few matches under his belt I think that queasy feeling will slowly fade away for fans.

• Like 1

I would take Eriksen until the end of the season. No transfer fee and a pay as you play deal are likely. Massive amount of games left to play and an option we can add that knows a few of the boys.

Was a name BR fancied a little while ago too if I remember right.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Eriksen when on song was a truly elite player, his mid seasons with Spurs was class. Like others he has struggled with a high profile move. Any move for him will clearly be a risk, but if he’s fit and healthy he could be a great asset. We also have a few Danes and kasper clearly has a love for the lad. Would we take the risk? God knows but if he’s deemed medically fit by an independent medical team I’d be in (our medical team might break him) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Crazy to think this window is more quiet than usual.

Other teams around us making big moves and improving thier squads massively while we are in one of the worst injuries situations we have ever had at the club yet no sign of support in terms of players.

Can see this being a very bad 2nd half to the season and if we carry on being overly cautious.

Yea I get the fact than when all our players that are injured will be much better but going off BR track record they could all be injured again shortly after regaining full fitness or even bigger set backs.

We need atleast 2 players in this window 

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Crazy to think this window is more quiet than usual.

Other teams around us making big moves and improving thier squads massively while we are in one of the worst injuries situations we have ever had at the club yet no sign of support in terms of players.

Can see this being a very bad 2nd half to the season and if we carry on being overly cautious.

Yea I get the fact than when all our players that are injured will be much better but going off BR track record they could all be injured again shortly after regaining full fitness or even bigger set backs.

We need atleast 2 players in this window 

A lot of our business has to depend on the Youri situation and we’re already way above what we need to be spending on wages.

We might just have to settle for another season of Premier League football and do our transfer business in the summer. 

4 hours ago, CyprusFox said:

You're probably right. Meanwhile we plod on with a makeshift defence until deadline day, giving away fcuk knows how many goals/points in the process.

PL squads are hoarding players at the moment with the volume of games, so more difficult to get a deal agreed this window compared to the summer. 

I’m sure the club are doing everything they can to get a CB in, the manager has made clear it’s a priority. 

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Could we get in someone short term as a defensive consultant?  Someone who would benefit from working with Rodgers.

Is John Terry currently  working?

However, if things go wrong , I wouldn't want him in for a sacked Rodgers!

....I think you mean someone Rodgers can benefit from!!!

What the current performances are showing us is  Rodgers has not a clue regarding our defence (the fact that we are struggling in that department and bringing in substandard players to cover injured players) and people might agree.

What we need is someone with an overview of the coaching setup and analyse our strengths and weaknesses within that department.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I think you mean someone Rodgers can benefit from!!!

What the current performances are showing us is  Rodgers has not a clue regarding our defence (the fact that we are struggling in that department and bringing in substandard players to cover injured players) and people might agree.

What we need is someone with an overview of the coaching setup and analyse our strengths and weaknesses within that department.

Wasn't what I meant.  

Rodgers excels in some areas.  We need defensive expertise .  

12 hours ago, majaco said:

Wasn't what I meant.  

Rodgers excels in some areas.  We need defensive expertise .  

...your original post said, ".... someone who could benefit from Rodgers", meaning Rodgers  has the expertise and the knowledge!!!

Someone who Rodgers can benefit from, means Rodgers does not have the required knowledge or expertise and needs someone else to give him that knowledge. 

Unless I am interpreting your post incorrectly, you appear to have the meanings the wrong way round.