Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

46 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...your original post said, ".... someone who could benefit from Rodgers", meaning Rodgers  has the expertise and the knowledge!!!

Someone who Rodgers can benefit from, means Rodgers does not have the required knowledge or expertise and needs someone else to give him that knowledge. 

Unless I am interpreting your post incorrectly, you appear to have the meanings the wrong way round.

Rodgers has expertise in multiple areas.  We need improved defensive coaching.

Don't think we'll be conducting any business in this window. We've had our fingers burnt by some absolutely terrible panic buys/loans recently and King Power are hardly flushed with cash at the moment, not that they've ever injected huge sums anyway. 

We'll probably just view the players coming back from injury/ACON as new signings. 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2021 at 10:56, Raj said:

We need a Julian Dicks/ Duncan Ferguson type hardman who teams are sh1t scared of.

We have a team full of nice players.

Only Vrads is capable of winding the opposition up, you feel the rest are more than happy to swap shirts with the opposition as soon as the game is over or exchange instragram  likes( orxwhatever sh1t they do)

What about this guy? I'd pay good money to see him and Big Dunc playing in opposition teams. 

1 hour ago, enmac said:

What about this guy? I'd pay good money to see him and Big Dunc playing in opposition teams. 

Remember when Souness was injuring Cole and Yorke in training when playing 5-a-side with them during his spell at Blackburn? I'd love to see what Muscat gets up to when he takes a training session :huh:

• Like 1

All we really need is a strong centre back who’s good in the air and at cutting out crosses. The problem isn’t simple to diagnose but it is hard to find someone. Fofana is unlikely to be a force again until next year and Evan’s struggles with injuries.

The rest of the team are very competitive.

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Don't think we'll be conducting any business in this window. We've had our fingers burnt by some absolutely terrible panic buys/loans recently and King Power are hardly flushed with cash at the moment, not that they've ever injected huge sums anyway. 

We'll probably just view the players coming back from injury/ACON as new signings. 

I’m thinking this, if they can’t get any of their targets there’s little point trying to fill a gap again. 

Players are starting to come back, we will be alright. 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’m thinking this, if they can’t get any of their targets there’s little point trying to fill a gap again. 

Players are starting to come back, we will be alright. 

This.

There's no point in getting in someone just for the sake of it because it'll be a hindrance further down the line when we want to go for our actual targets that potentially aren't available in January.

That being said, I'm sure we can manage to get one of our targets in right now, it's just that we don't tend to hear about our transfer dealings until they're basically confirmed.

With the link to Levi Colwell. Who I have to admit I know nothing about.

are there any other championship defenders that could make the step up to the premier league?

I know mawson was highly rated at one point but gone off/not achieved his potential.

daniel fry at Middlesbrough is one we have looked at before.

we used to have massive success years ago from lower leagues, but the game has changed I guess.

Edited by teblin

Liam Moore has the same agent as Vestegaard no doubt his agent will be contacting the club..

Could Liam Moore make the step up to this level? I know he played a couple of games for us in our first season at this level, but that was some time ago! It would be interesting to see what happens..

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Liam Moore has the same agent as Vestegaard no doubt his agent will be contacting the club..

Could Liam Moore make the step up to this level? I know he played a couple of games for us in our first season at this level, but that was some time ago! It would be interesting to see what happens..

...this has been discussed recently, I am surprised that you have missed it!!!

There is a reason why him coming back may not enhance our club:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2021/12/16/22837532/there-no-easy-answer-to-reading-fc-liam-moore-conundrum-royals

1 hour ago, teblin said:

With the link to Levi Colwell. Who I have to admit I know nothing about.

are there any other championship defenders that could make the step up to the premier league?

I know mawson was highly rated at one point but gone off/not achieved his potential.

daniel fry at Middlesbrough is one we have looked at before.

we used to have massive success years ago from lower leagues, but the game has changed I guess.

Rob Dickie at QPR or Tosin Adarabioyo at Fulham are both decent, but the one I'm most annoyed we missed out on was James Hill who's just gone to Bournemouth for £1m. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this has been discussed recently, I am surprised that you have missed it!!!

There is a reason why him coming back may not enhance our club:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2021/12/16/22837532/there-no-easy-answer-to-reading-fc-liam-moore-conundrum-royals

Crikey. It’s rare to see such a detailed damnation of a player from a partisan publication. Interesting read though, and well written.

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

Crikey. It’s rare to see such a detailed damnation of a player from a partisan publication. Interesting read though, and well written.

....unfortunately for me, he makes a good case!!!

Pearson dropping him seemed harsh and unfair at the time, but to some degree he has had a somewhat decent career.

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rob Dickie at QPR or Tosin Adarabioyo at Fulham are both decent, but the one I'm most annoyed we missed out on was James Hill who's just gone to Bournemouth for £1m. 

Rob Dickie is pretty decent and he does get a few goals as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

With our scouting and the fact it was Fleetwood you'd have to think that we looked and decided no.

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

With our scouting and the fact it was Fleetwood you'd have to think that we looked and decided no.

Yeah, it's annoying we've stopped going for players like this. We'll then be interested in a year or so when he's worth 40 times that and then say he's too expensive and have to look abroad.

• Like 2

If we get Fofana back in February, you've got four CBs again (Fofana/Soyuncu/Vestergaard/Amartey).

I can see a similar story to last January, where we ended up looking for a bench filler/cup player (Chalobah) to let another leave (Choudhury). Someone like Liam Moore on loan for 4 months would not be a ridiculous shout given he fills an otherwise free spot in the European squad (allowing us to re-register Justin or Fofana while not losing anyone else apart from Benkovic). Would you trust Moore to play 90 against a Championship side in the FA Cup? I think you would, especially a boy from Barrow against Forest...

• Like 1

Not arsed about us signing anyone this Jan. We’ll inevitably end up with a duffer on decent money that we’ll want rid of this summer. 

I think we’ve got enough in the tank to give the cups a good run this year, league is already over. 

Let’s get our house in order, have a good bash at the cups and then go again next year. 

• Like 1