Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

Cole Bassett off to Feyenoord on loan with an option to buy. He's one to watch, very classy central midfielder. 

I really want to see us looking to recruit more unpolished diamonds for modest fees and loan them out if needs be, it will help keep our squad options year on year fresh, there's a real danger we're heading for an overhaul and won't have the funds available to do it the way we seem to have moved to.

• Like 3

Unsure if it’s been mentioned in this thread before but Dean Henderson. 

Kasper is coming to the end of his career, Henderson has done extremely well whether it be a second choice filling it at Utd or on loan. Stats back up his performances and rivals him up there with the better keepers in the division.

Good quality, young, English keeper with even greater potential. Unlikely to get a look in whilst De Gea is there and wants out.

Could do a lot worse.

Liam Moore on loan, proven CB at Championship level, has some PL experience and has a massive fall out at Reading, stripped of the Captaincy.

Counts as home grown for both ECL and PL squads.

Local lad who would bust a gut and not mind being a back up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Kasper is coming to the end of his career, Henderson has done extremely well whether it be a second choice filling it at Utd or on loan. Stats back up his performances and rivals him up there with the better keepers in the division.

Good quality, young, English keeper with even greater potential. Unlikely to get a look in whilst De Gea is there and wants out.

Could do a lot worse.

...Kasper will set his own agenda when he chooses to leave!!!

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Liam Moore on loan, proven CB at Championship level, has some PL experience and has a massive fall out at Reading, stripped of the Captaincy.

...sometimes I wonder if FT posters  read the topics from the start or choose to jump in half way through!!!

This option has been discussed at length, there is a reason he is where he is and a well documented analysis to prove why, which has been posted twice so far.

I will look it up and post it again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2021/12/16/22837532/there-no-easy-answer-to-reading-fc-liam-moore-conundrum-royals

Edited by sacreblueits442

43 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Could do a lot worse.

Isn't he on £100k+ there?

Crazy wage for a guy who has only looked good at Championship level. 

51 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Isn't he on £100k+ there?

Crazy wage for a guy who has only looked good at Championship level. 

Unsure on what wage he's on. 

Looked very good in his second season at Sheff Utd - If I remember managed 11/12 clean sheets and was very good in a bang average Sheff Utd team that managed to finish top half of the Prem in that season. Also got Player of the Year and a call up (which given the way England struggle for top quality keepers, doesn't hold much weight to an argument)

Always looks good for Utd and if I remember correctly was a genuine contender at the start of the season to De Gea's spot. There's talent there for sure. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...sometimes I wonder if FT posters  read the topics from the start or choose to jump in half way through!!!

This option has been discussed at length, there is a reason he is where he is and a well documented analysis to prove why, which has been posted twice so far.

I will look it up and post it again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2021/12/16/22837532/there-no-easy-answer-to-reading-fc-liam-moore-conundrum-royals

I sorry I didn't read every post in a 29 page thread. 

One fans musing about a player, you would find lot of Foxes regulars welling to write the same about Soyuncu, hardly well documented analysis lol

We are shopping in the bargin bin.

To be honest it more a romantic notion of bring one of our own home on my part.

Edited by coolhandfox

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Hope all is well Liam 

• Haha 1

I like Henderson as a Kasper replacement, but think Kasper still has 1-2 years in him at least as our starting keeper, and Henderson will move before then.

Only way it works is if Kasper fancies finishing his days at Old Trafford and is part of the deal.

Just now, LVocey said:

I like Henderson as a Kasper replacement, but think Kasper still has 1-2 years in him at least as our starting keeper, and Henderson will move before then.

Only way it works is if Kasper fancies finishing his days at Old Trafford and is part of the deal.

GK is literally the last thing we have to worry about.

Ward is the Welsh No.1 and always does superbly when we put him in net. On top of that one of the Championship's best if not the best keeper in that league is on our books as well.

• Like 3