Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

39 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I could be wrong but isn't our team full? Mendy isn't even registered. 

Until a few leave. No-one is coming in and even if we do get a couple out, I still can't see it. 

We just need to focus on getting everyone fit. Fofana and l'il Wes will be like new signings, we just need to ease them in and hope they get back to somewhere near the form they were in. 

So good it's like having 2 new players apparently lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ginter has confirmed he isn’t signing a new deal with Gladbach

Should try and get him on a pre-contract now

Yep that’d be great… farm out some CB dead wood and get him signed up… 

1 minute ago, Nick said:

Yep that’d be great… farm out some CB dead wood and get him signed up… 

I wonder if they would actually be interested in Vestergaard in January... he was at Gladbach before Southampton, played 66 games in 2 seasons

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I wonder if they would actually be interested in Vestergaard in January... he was at Gladbach before Southampton, played 66 games in 2 seasons

I doubt it. I actually think Vestegaard may even come good for us. He was only ever gonna be a 5th choice centre half but sadly the first four choices are not available!

3 hours ago, Scotch said:

I could be wrong but isn't our team full? Mendy isn't even registered. 

Until a few leave. No-one is coming in and even if we do get a couple out, I still can't see it. 

We just need to focus on getting everyone fit. Fofana and l'il Wes will be like new signings, we just need to ease them in and hope they get back to somewhere near the form they were in. 

Yeah we have the full 25 players registered and that doesn't even include Fofana and Thomas who are young enough so they don't have to be and Mendy who missed out

With the current squad we will probably see Benkovic booted from it giving us 1 space, maybe Hamza if he wants to leave again?

Realistically we only really have space for 1 player in place of Benkovic, and I think it will just end up being a centre back on loan again

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

If we were to continue with 3 CMs I’d like someone with hamza’s energy but technically better, I don’t think 3 cm’s have worked for us at times in the same way it works for say Liverpool as we simply don’t have the same energy in comparison. KDH has helped with this but I’m gonna go out and say even after a win I don’t think hamza is our saviour and I’m sure most would agree.

36 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think if daka is out for any sustained period during the afcon with Vardys current knock we’d be smart to bring in a striker on loan 

I doubt we’d get anyone good in this window . Might be a good time to try one or two of the better kids though 

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure who you could get decent on loan.

Think we would stick Barnes up top

There’s always the odd half decent striker who’s not getting minutes. A loan with an option to buy normally tempts clubs. 

Look at Man U with ighalo a few years back. 

Also can we take a minute to vent that Insigne has just signed for Toronto FC for free! 

he would have been a dream :( following in the footsteps of Giovinco another who joined far too young and still had all the ability. 

Edited by Lambert09

5 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Not a popular option but also could use Perez as a striker. 

It's our best option with the other 3 potentially not here, it's either this or stick Maddison up front. Barnes up alone seems a waste to me so a few games of Barnes, Perez and Lookman isn't the worst idea.

Not sure where to put this but an interesting take on how transfers unfold. Can think of a few of ours probably going through this at the moment.

Shit really that players have this view of ‘they’re keeping me from my move’ when in reality they signed contracts with a business. Shame is that Arsenal were always going to get this deal done when the player is saying ‘well it’s Arsenal’.

It’s a closed shop isn’t it :( 

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I think if daka is out for any sustained period during the afcon with Vardys current knock we’d be smart to bring in a striker on loan 

Maybe he won’t go. If his return date is mid Jan, perhaps there’s a chance he might miss out and not travel? 

15 minutes ago, Nick said:

Maybe he won’t go. If his return date is mid Jan, perhaps there’s a chance he might miss out and not travel? 

Daka isn't going to AFCON as Zambia didn't qualify. I believe the post is alluding to Kelechi going meaning we could be left with only Daka and Vardy in Jan with both relatively unfit/injured.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Thanks 1

I can't see us getting a striker in Jan as if needed we would just use Lookman, Barnes, Perez as the attackers. We have a favourable fixture list in January but given our record against shite teams this season I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. A centre back needs to be what we get this window. Anyone know if Ryan Bennett is available?