Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

GK is literally the last thing we have to worry about.

Ward is the Welsh No.1 and always does superbly when we put him in net. On top of that one of the Championship's best if not the best keeper in that league is on our books as well.

Agree there's plenty more to focus on.

Think Ward's penalty shootout records boost his standing with City fans though, he's not good enough to be number 1 for us in my opinion.

Agree with your assessment of Iversen though.

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

GK is literally the last thing we have to worry about.

Ward is the Welsh No.1 and always does superbly when we put him in net. On top of that one of the Championship's best if not the best keeper in that league is on our books as well.

I wouldn't quite go as far as the last thing we have to worry about. - Kasper is 35. We're going to have to worry about it sooner rather than later. You mention Ward. He's got Hennessey as competition for the No1 spot at Wales and for a period of time couldn't even dislodge him. I'd fancy my chances at dislodging Hennessey. He had a great Euros and has looked okay against mediocre teams when filling in for Kasper. Superb? No. More than he's been safe and a good back up and has done what has been asked of him. I've mentioned before, he's probably in the Top 3 of No 2's in the league.

Agreed with Iverson - has looked good. Good enough for a No1 spot at a club harbouring ambitions to challenge for Europe? A tall ask. Of all positions to take a risk on a youngster - Keeper would be the last place I'd start. 

Not saying it's a priority - As mentioned in another post - we'll likely be looking in 1-2 years at this. Will Henderson be available then? Highly doubtful. Has this got any chance of happening this January? Nah. Would I want him in Jan as per the thread title. Yep - every day of the week. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, VictorFox said:

Time to forget this crap about having no money, Top needs to get the cheque book out and sign us some defenders!!

Tend to agree… I know FFP comes into it somewhere and we have to be careful what we say regarding us supposedly having no money but we have become a mid table team, we won’t hold onto our star players if we just half heartedly go into the transfer market.. the £15m players won’t get us to top 4/5/6… We need to start buying the finished article to go with the great young crop of players we have..

we need 2CBs as a matter of urgency between now and August.

and whoever agreed the Vestergaard deal needs sacking… the worst CB I have seen in the PL bar none..

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Time to get serious and go for Gleison Bremer from Torino. Use Praet as a makeweight if you have to.

....just saw the usual YouTube reel!!!

Messy defender, his clearances and interceptions are more likely to end up with the opposition that go safe. Hard to judge his effectiveness as someone to rely upon as not sure about the quality he is up against. Seems like he could be a liability in the Prem. he needs to have more control of the ball everything seems to be flying off him.

1 hour ago, Rigga said:

Tend to agree… I know FFP comes into it somewhere and we have to be careful what we say regarding us supposedly having no money but we have become a mid table team, we won’t hold onto our star players if we just half heartedly go into the transfer market.. the £15m players won’t get us to top 4/5/6… We need to start buying the finished article to go with the great young crop of players we have..

we need 2CBs as a matter of urgency between now and August.

and whoever agreed the Vestergaard deal needs sacking… the worst CB I have seen in the PL bar none..

....we will have to sell in order to bring in anything near what you are hoping to bring in!!!

you will have to be spending about £60m between now and August without any sales to cover 2CBs and just imagine how much it will cost to sort out a Right Forward as well.

Unless we sell we are not going to get the required quality to come in, so we have to continue to buy potential in order to keep us moving forward.

Show some bloody ambition and sign a centre back who is at least decent and has experience as a leader . Anything less and we have no excuses for our position in the league 

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 2

We need to be careful we don't become Stoke.  It's all very well showing ambition off the pitch with new training grounds and stadium expansions, but they are a waste if we don't get it right on the pitch, and at the moment we are not showing a lot of ambition when it comes to the playing side in my opinion.  The thing with the Premier league is, that you have to keep improving, if you get too comfortable  and start thinking we are fine, you end up standing still while the others improve, and slowly but surely you start drifting down the table, the quality of player goes down because your better players leave, and before you know it you're Stoke and get relegated, and you end up thinking how the hell did that happen!

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Close thread, no activity this window. Joy.

This all stemmed from jumping the gun with Vestergaard in the summer.

At that time, I said on here that a stop gap was needed, maybe someone on a free or loan.

If they listened to me, then we’d probably have £15 million available for this window.

Rudkin out, Kingfox in.

• Like 1

Sorry I called it yesterday. Given our injuries, and general shitness, at CB, we'd have done the business by now. 

Not sure if FFP counts again this year given covid, didn't they waive it recently because of it? Regardless, our owners (for all the wonderful things they have done) need to spend, if we fall foul of FFP I don't care - I guarantee other clubs are not following FFP right now.

17 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Are we going to buy anyone? I'd have thought we'd have signed a CB by now if we were going to.

• Like 1

Really don't see what will have changed since his previous conference on Tuesday, he said nothing was close then but that we would be trying. We'll still be trying. There'll be very late activity from clubs back end of next week.

• Like 3

Does Rodgers have an argument that the owners need to back him a little more?

I don’t expect us to bring one in January but we desperately need a starting centre back. To partner Fofana when he’s back, with Soyuncu, Evans and Amartey as backups.

Well I’m gonna ignore that this is about January and talk about the summer transfer window.

clearly need two new centrebacks, potentially a new CM if youri leaves, and also two other fullbacks considering at almost no fault of there own castagne and Ricardo are constantly injured. Maybe even a new goalie, I’m sick of Kasper at this point; if ward isn’t deemed good enough although I think he is. 

the rest is pretty good, I’m not fussed about a RWer, it’s the least of our problems, striker’s are up there with the best, CM’s bar youri leaving I’m pretty confident in but perhaps another attacking midfielder as back up to madders could be deemed necessary.