Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

9 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Daily Fail linking us Villa and Brighton with a strong interest in Mcatee at Man City, 18 months left on current deal. May fancy regular game time elsewhere despite being highly thought of there.

He's qualitee

21 hours ago, Rigga said:

Oh we will be losing players no doubt…

Youri and Maddison for certain I’d say

Ndidi possibly

Barnes and Fofana the season after..

They deserve to be playing EL /CL football regularly… sadly I do t see us offering that for a while..

Lol this is not happening. 

32 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....he looks like Alves with a stronger build!!!

I wonder if we can pick him up, Man City perhaps not keen to let him go. But we could gamble and pay £20m to bring him in.

That's the sort of calculated risk I'd like to see us get back to doing. 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2022 at 19:27, Rigga said:

Have you watched us defensively this season ?

We have Soyuncu who has been shit..

Vestergaard who is shit!

Amartey our stand out… who would ever have thought that..

Evans is done let’s be honest.

fofana not guaranteed to play this season. 

hamza and wilf have had to fill in at CB..

yet we don’t need to recruit ? Dear me.

Forgetting Brunt?  Played 1, won 1.

24 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

We should go for dele Ali I think he could be really good here. The lad just needs a new start and a fresh environment. 

Hasn't worked for for him under 4 managers after Poch..... think there's a pattern there.

It's Johnny Van De Beek we should be after

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Hasn't worked for for him under 4 managers after Poch..... think there's a pattern there.

It's Johnny Van De Beek we should be after

Same club tbo mate, he needs a big change and we could be the perfect fit because when he’s in form he’s a top player

I've finally realised that you can view player stats by league on FBref now rather than just by team. Georginio Rutter stands out like a sore thumb looking at his stats.

He's the most two footed players I've ever seen (statistically) with 51% of touches with left. Stats-wise, a player with <= 80% usage with one foot is quite two-footed so this is ridiculous.

He's 19, 6ft, played up front or on the wing. 5 goals and 2 assists in 1108 minutes this season.

https://fbref.com/en/players/c64c01fc/Georginio-Rutter

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I've finally realised that you can view player stats by league on FBref now rather than just by team. Georginio Rutter stands out like a sore thumb looking at his stats.

He's the most two footed players I've ever seen (statistically) with 51% of touches with left. Stats-wise, a player with <= 80% usage with one foot is quite two-footed so this is ridiculous.

He's 19, 6ft, played up front or on the wing. 5 goals and 2 assists in 1108 minutes this season.

Looks incredibly 2 footed in that video. Looks fairly flexible as well in terms of playing across the front line. Contracted to 2026 and only 19, so may come at a premium, but one to keep an eye on

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

Looks incredibly 2 footed in that video. Looks fairly flexible as well in terms of playing across the front line. Contracted to 2026 and only 19, so may come at a premium, but one to keep an eye on

Small sample size but already he profiles like a sub-elite forward at 19, probably needs another 30 games under his belt before you can really tell. Probably a case of £30m now (like Fofana) or £60m to one of the giants later.

If we'd hadn't shit ourselves when Fofana got injured, loaned a CB and just trusted KDH over signing Soumare, we'd have the money to sign somebody like this now :unsure:

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Yeah, all the scouting hipsters on twitter and podcasts are going absolutely berserk at this lad. Does look the bollocks, him, Wirtz and Adeyemi are the next big things for Germany.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, all the scouting hipsters on twitter and podcasts are going absolutely berserk at this lad. Does look the bollocks, him, Wirtz and Adeyemi are the next big things for Germany.

I don't even watch other teams' games anymore, I just trawl FBref instead, which is way sadder.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Very good signing for them, not too bad a price either 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

The ship that sailed 

You know I’m going to go ahead and say this is a good thing. 

If we signed him we would have been fully committing to 5 at the back. 

which when we were originally linked made sense because we had 3 high performing cbs that it would make sense to build around. 

since then we’ve lost 2 to injury (1 is probably done with football altogether) and the last man standing has forgotten how to play. 

this would have been a nightmare because he wouldn’t have helped us defensively at all. 

on paper he’s great but we would have wasted the next couple of years either playing him out of position or not playing to our strengths. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It doubtful the ship ever sailed as he was never really ever coming here. He was above our level when the rumours started about him potentially being linked with Leicester

Don't agree he was above our level. When we were linked, we were challenging for a CL spot. And remember we got Castagne from Atalanta as well so we're an attractive club for good players in Serie A. 

It was the failure to make CL combined with his excellent performances in the Euros that meant he became out of reach.