Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If he does go to Palace it's only on loan with no option to buy. We would want him as a Youri replacement only, otherwise there's no room for him.

Honestly I'd like him as cover anyway, Youri has been absolutely dreadful this year, and he will likely want to leave in summer anyway. If we can loan him now then make an offer in Summer if he does well I'd be happy. If United genuinely think selling him as in summer is an option, Selling Papy Mendy will fund a portion of his loan and we get to check out VDB for ourselves rather than risk a big money signing in summer if he does well at palace. 

But I do appreciate your point, i'd take the risk personally. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not coming here as cover, the lad is desperate to play. That said, Palace have a similar make up of midfield as we do and less competitions so not sure how they play Gallagher, De Beek, Eze, Olise and Zaha but there you go.

Tielemans hasn't been poor all season, only recent weeks IMO. 

Yeah I think his options right now as a first team starter are a bit limited, but he needs to play atleast some games. Fair we can agree to disagree on Tielemans, he's been perticularly bad the last few weeks, but IMO all season he's been a shadow of the player we are used to seeing. Maybe not "dreadful" all season, but nowhere near good enough for a team looking to break down the top 6.

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Raphinha from Leeds would be unreal. Linked with West Ham 

This is the one that Erks me a little bit. I know we have no right to have signed him but the fact we’ve spent the best part of 5 years trying to find a RW and leeds sign this guy for €15m? But I guess people would have said that about us and Kante. What a player though. 

15 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

This is the one that Erks me a little bit. I know we have no right to have signed him but the fact we’ve spent the best part of 5 years trying to find a RW and leeds sign this guy for €15m? But I guess people would have said that about us and Kante. What a player though. 

The worst is we tracked Jarrod Bowen for months, Pretty much had a fee agreed at £15m and we pulled out. @Chocolate Teapot said we weren't happy with his attitude when trying to sign him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The worst is we tracked Jarrod Bowen for months, Pretty much had a fee agreed at £15m and we pulled out. @Chocolate Teapot said we weren't happy with his attitude when trying to sign him.

That's so disappointing to hear! He would have been fantastic for us. I trust the recruitment team on the character front though - that's been key to our successful signings in the recent past.

• Like 1

It feels like we've become very hesitant in which way to go next. We're well out of the top 6 now, been overtaken by West Ham, Wolves and probably Aston Villa. Newcastle if they stay up will soon sort themselves out. It's not the time to play it safe as we have with our last 3 signings.

3 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

...he (Raphina) could have ticked all the boxes and the box which said (..is he a fit for our club) was a resounding "no", as the feedback they were getting was that he was late for training or was voicing his opinions too loudly!!!

It is not just talent you are looking for, and sometimes the player himself mature unexpectedly, either due to a change in environment or advice that he trust, from someone that he trust himself. 

We were so lucky to pick up Kante, we were one of two options on the table for him in that summer, if that other club had taken up the option, history might not have played out the same way.

I can envisage in the future they will be writing than we were preparing to win the league having assembled Vardy, Mahrez and Kante and it should not have been a surprise what we achieved.

But it all came down to a club in France passing on the chance of bringing Kante to their club.

You have to feel sorry for them, sliding doors and all that.

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

That's so disappointing to hear! He would have been fantastic for us. I trust the recruitment team on the character front though - that's been key to our successful signings in the recent past.

...conversely we end up with a team of nicely mannered players who are unable to motivate themselves!!!

This team is crying out for leadership, someone who will not allow the team to feel sorry for itself and lift players around him when he sees they need his help.

What we need is a rock in the middle of the park, someone with integrity, someone respected by his teammates, loud on the pitch and silent off it.

Until either, one  member of our team (Albrighton I am looking at you) develops that, our we bring someone in, we are going to have Bournemouth and Spurs type situations, where we implode and no one can control it.

• Like 1

My head is telling me that we probably won’t do any business this transfer window. My heart is telling me let’s just try and get Ramsay or Spence/johnson although we have left it very late. Something to lift the spirits and invest in the future. I find myself scanning the headlines for anything Leicester related - a loan move for CB would be the most likely. In all honesty having one or two more injured players coming back will be better than anything we could achieve short term in the market. 

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure Bowen is on a massive wedge at West Ham as well

It's not as if we don't sometimes dish out obscene wages though. Hasn't Bowen recently signed a new deal to put him on big wages, rather than them paying him loads from the off?

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not as if we don't sometimes dish out obscene wages though. Hasn't Bowen recently signed a new deal to put him on big wages, rather than them paying him loads from the off?

I believe he was already on a big wage from when he first joined West Ham - supposedly around £80k a week

Then got another pay rise earlier this month after playing a certain amount of games - not from a new contract

23 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Honestly I'd like him as cover anyway, Youri has been absolutely dreadful this year, and he will likely want to leave in summer anyway. If we can loan him now then make an offer in Summer if he does well I'd be happy. If United genuinely think selling him as in summer is an option, Selling Papy Mendy will fund a portion of his loan and we get to check out VDB for ourselves rather than risk a big money signing in summer if he does well at palace. 

But I do appreciate your point, i'd take the risk personally. 

Youri has carried us loads this season it’s only in the last 3/4 weeks where he doesn’t look fit. 

Went to watch Bristol City at PNE today to get a mini Leicester fix …..no Simpson, King or James in match day squad and our Nige looks a shadow of himself however really hope our recruitment team and scouting department are all over Massengo and Alex Scott who both look top drawer prospects