Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Who do you want January 2022

Can't we just ask Huth to go and find the new Huth ? We just desperately need a big, strong, scary, centre back.

It is odd how it has become a position for so much concern. I worry about Evans fitness from now on, Fofana won't be here long once he has shown he is over his injury because someone will offer silly money for him (shame but will wish him all the best) Soyuncu needs to find some form again alongside a regular partner, Amartey is a top bloke and decent back up, Vestegaard just doesn't fit how Brendan wants to play and whilst a decent bloke looks a bit of a panic buy, and we seem scared to let a youngster have a crack but until we do how are they ever supposed to show they are ready ?

2 hours ago, JamesWelshFox said:

Can't we just ask Huth to go and find the new Huth ? We just desperately need a big, strong, scary, centre back.

It is odd how it has become a position for so much concern. I worry about Evans fitness from now on, Fofana won't be here long once he has shown he is over his injury because someone will offer silly money for him (shame but will wish him all the best) Soyuncu needs to find some form again alongside a regular partner, Amartey is a top bloke and decent back up, Vestegaard just doesn't fit how Brendan wants to play and whilst a decent bloke looks a bit of a panic buy, and we seem scared to let a youngster have a crack but until we do how are they ever supposed to show they are ready ?

Jannick is big and scary, just not sure he is strong nor a centre back. :dunno:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesWelshFox said:

It is odd how it has become a position for so much concern. I worry about Evans fitness from now on, Fofana won't be here long once he has shown he is over his injury because someone will offer silly money for him (shame but will wish him all the best) Soyuncu needs to find some form again alongside a regular partner, Amartey is a top bloke and decent back up, Vestegaard just doesn't fit how Brendan wants to play and whilst a decent bloke looks a bit of a panic buy, and we seem scared to let a youngster have a crack but until we do how are they ever supposed to show they are ready ?Screenshot_20220101-133941-01.thumb.jpeg.95aeea839fa655320f8055c625e74ca7.jpeg

Is this geezer big and scary enough ,Filip Benkovic , oh wait a minute , he already plays for us.

Let’s go and get a couple of ‘home grown’ players to solve our issues. We could get a pair of Welsh internationals in, if we wheeled and dealed correctly:

Joe Rodon, 24, center back on loan with a view to buy.

Brennan Johnson, rhs winger/forward, from Forest. Might get him for circa £15m

with regards to those leaving; Benkovic, Choudhury (might get a fair bit, to the right suitor) and Mendy.

Personally I’d recall Praet, although this won’t happen (not that any of the above will happen 😂)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I know we have Ben Nelson but James Hill from Fleetwood is going to be a huge player and his contract is up this summer. Could get him for a couple of million easily. Well worth the punt.

I'm very surprised we haven't been linked.

I'd be shocked if we haven't scouted him, though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nelson is 17? Hill is 19

I stand corrected, but Ben is a very big lad  and he could really surprise us. We are going to have to get by for a few games with him, Benko and Vesty. I think we can and save some money.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I stand corrected, but Ben is a very big lad  and he could really surprise us. We are going to have to get by for a few games with him, Benko and Vesty. I think we can and save some money.

I wasn't disputing the talents of Nelson by the way. I think he's got all the ingredients to become a PL player and I hope he gets a chance this month. Hill is another destined for the big time and I'd love us to bring him in.

• Like 1

...unless he has signed a pre- contract already, picking up Chris Richards as a CB would be ideal!!

With a contract expiring in June this year it would be prudent to bring him in with all the problems surrounding the position for our team.

Only 21 years old, cultured on the ball, has pace and awareness also seems to have leadership abilities.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...unless he has signed a pre- contract already, picking up Chris Richards as a CB would be ideal!!

With a contract expiring in June this year it would be prudent to bring him in with all the problems surrounding the position for our team.

Only 21 years old, cultured on the ball, has pace and awareness also seems to have leadership abilities.

His contract isn't expiring in June, that's his loan deal at Hoffenheim.

• Like 1